Hi Chaplain - I'm a fellow Bowral resident! Small world indeed. I hear you. It's more frustration rather than blame in that BlackBerry could have targeted the loyal market in Australia. As you hinted a lot of others prefer wall hugging and toys. I really appreciate the BlackBerry quality. iPhones and Androids were not even around when BlackBerry was pioneering new devices.

That aside is there any advice re the Mittagong contact and if you were successful? And also how do you find the Passport if you managed to buy one.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Hey Mike,

Small world indeed! I saw your post in the other Aussie thread. I'd hardly call Bowral Sydney ;-). The worry now is that my nick here may actually give away my full identity to any Bowral Resident. If you're really after the Passport, which I would highly recommend (only took me a few days to adjust to the combined physical/virtual keyboard), then the guys at Mittagong will most certainly get you on the right track. They were at the heart of the launch day frenzy. At the store front, they were the ones who got things going. I had the first Passport sold in the country on the day.

Go to the Optus community forum. The Passport thread will give you everything you need. After nearly six weeks, it's still the third or forth most recently posted thread.
    Last edited by Chaplain_Clancy; 11-16-14 at 06:07 AM.
    11-16-14 05:47 AM
    Hello kind sir!

No, Bowral is definitely NOT Sydney at all. I just wanted it kept the BEST secret!

I've only been a resident on and off for 2.5 years so still fairly new and very private.

I'll follow your guidance! Congratulations on being the first. I did go from the Z10 to Q10 so I hope it may not be a huge learning curve albeit some differences.

I cannot wait to experience Passport!

Kind regards and heartfelt appreciation,

Mike
    11-16-14 08:57 AM
    Hello kind sir!

No, Bowral is definitely NOT Sydney at all. I just wanted it kept the BEST secret!

I've only been a resident on and off for 2.5 years so still fairly new and very private.

I'll follow your guidance! Congratulations on being the first. I did go from the Z10 to Q10 so I hope it may not be a huge learning curve albeit some differences.

I cannot wait to experience Passport!

Kind regards and heartfelt appreciation,

Mike
    What a polite fellow!! Welcome to Crackberry! Stick around, plenty to see around here.

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    11-17-14 12:39 AM
    We heard both your positive and negative feedback on the availability of the Passport.

Now what do you think about the release of the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:07 PM
    It's funny you should say that. I started a thread over at the Optus community forums posing that exact question.
    andre3030 and allwi like this.
    11-18-14 04:01 PM
    Received via Amazon, epic device!

Screen, keyboard, speakers all awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:53 AM
    BB AU still not showing where you can get the device poor form I say.
    12-02-14 02:06 PM
    Received via Amazon, epic device!

Screen, keyboard, speakers all awesome!

Posted via CB10
    How did you get it from Amazon? I tried last night to buy a red one but they wouldn't post to Australia

12-02-14 02:39 PM
    How did you get it from Amazon? I tried last night to buy a red one but they wouldn't post to Australia

Are you browsing Amazon Global? If you're on a specific country's Amazon it might not work.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 04:40 PM
    They can't put it up if there's no online option.
    12-02-14 04:41 PM

Most people have it sent to the address of an American they know and then get it shipped.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    12-02-14 04:41 PM
    Most people have it sent to the address of an American they know and then get it shipped.
    That is a bummer! Hey Chap, is Optus price still $816? Not sure if they have stock at all, rang Narellan again today but nothing available (so she says).

12-02-14 05:29 PM
    Not sure Ozfork, after 4 weeks of the Passport, the forums seem to have quieted down. I tried raising interest in the Classic without much success, I think I'll resurrect my thread after the official launch on the 17th.
    Have you tried calling Mittagong, I know it's a bit of a hike, but they may still have one or two. Besides, I do Bowral to Camden twice a week for work at the moment.
    The last I heard about stock, the warehouse ran out of inventory four times. Not sure what their plans are for Christmas.

P.S. I'm going to ask the question on the community forums about stock...I'll let you know how I go.
    allwi and anon(4067838) like this.
    12-02-14 05:55 PM
    Thanks Chap, spoke to Amazon and they said it has something to do with Australian Customs, but there is no difference between red or black, hopefully they will sort it out quickly. Really want red but if not possible then will have to go for black.
    I'm going to upgrade through Vodafone and get 128gb iphone 6, sell it on ebay to finance my passport, should have change left over too!

12-02-14 06:03 PM
    I'm going to upgrade through Vodafone and get 128gb iphone 6, sell it on ebay to finance my passport, should have change left over too!

Why do I feel like both laughing and face palming this plan?
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    12-02-14 06:09 PM
    Why do I feel like both laughing and face palming this plan?
    I don't know, why? More than one way to skin a cat. If Vodafone won't sell me one, I figured this to be a good option. I could possibly sell the iPhone for around $1000, get the passport from amazon for $750 delivered and $250 left over for a case, screen protector and car cradle. Makes sense??

12-02-14 06:15 PM
    True, but the thought of having a contract say you're using an iPhone...kinda adds to the stats.

You could sell the iPhone to a few Optus customers...a lot of them are furious that they haven't received their stock yet.
    12-02-14 06:23 PM
    Ozfork.

Optus Subscribers AUS-stock-update.jpg

If you go in to Narellan and they say that there is nothing there, ask them to check under the 'newly devices' tab on their system and they should be able to order one in for you.
    12-02-14 09:41 PM
    Thanks Chap, much appreciated mate.

12-02-14 11:44 PM
    True, but the thought of having a contract say you're using an iPhone...kinda adds to the stats.

You could sell the iPhone to a few Optus customers...a lot of them are furious that they haven't received their stock yet.
    Lol, a stats man eh? Well how's this for a stat "Another iphone user sells his phone and upgrades to a BLACKBERRY ". Nice ring to it eh? Lol

12-02-14 11:48 PM
    Just use the mediahint plugin for firefox. This will disguise your location. Once you pass the first hurdle, then you can send it anywhere

I ordered on amazon US, and sent directly to Oz. No problems.
    12-03-14 12:38 AM
    Just use the mediahint plugin for firefox. This will disguise your location. Once you pass the first hurdle, then you can send it anywhere

This will be good for so much more than just the Passport.
    12-03-14 01:15 AM

Thanks for the tip Vader, will look into it. Any idea if a similar plugin is available for Chrome?

12-03-14 01:48 AM
    I don't use chrome, but i'm sure it has something similar. Alternatively, install firefox and the media hint extension.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:54 AM
    I just looked it up Ozfork and yes there is one for chrome.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:33 AM
598 ... 1920212223 ...