It could have something to do with the fact that BlackBerry have not made enough devices to supply a high demand and telcos are cautious based on the past to make a song and dance about BlackBerry.

I think, however annoying it may be for BB die hards like myself, this is a smart approach for both BlackBerry and telcos to test the market.

Speaking for myself I tried everything I could and purchased one however I would have waited to get this device. No matter how long it took I would have bought one.

Posted via CB10
    Mo, I really wish that was the case BB in AU makes up approximately 0.5% of the market. Demand alas is not the issue which is why most carriers are not openly bothering to market or stock the product.

The average consumer does not realize that the products even exist. Again I wish this was not the case.

All the best

CO
    10-28-14 06:05 PM
    Just a follow up if the Management at BB AU is so good then why would you need to

Moreover, their stakeholder management process is clearly lacking yet you seem to state that the MD is amazing. All this from a person who from your other posts does not even reside in AU or utilize our carriers. Although we appreciate your feedback and input please take some time to inform yourself of the history prior to sounding off with ridiculous and inaccurate statements.

as always

all the best

CO
    I'm afraid I must disagree on this point. The feedback hasn't been well appreciated. That would be why he's now banned. Seems to me that the entire participation in this thread has been to derail the carrier. First the constant plugs for thinkofus.com.au and then to amaysim.com.au. These places do have the passport, albeit at greater expense and probably without the support of local warranty and local power adaptors.
    Last edited by Chaplain_Clancy; 10-28-14 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo
    10-28-14 06:07 PM
    I'm afraid I missed disagree on this point. The feedback hasn't been well appreciated. That would be why he's now banned. Seems to me that the entire participation in this thread has been to derail the carrier. First the constant plugs for thinkofus.com.au and then to amaysim.com.au. These places do have the passport, albeit at greater expense and probably without the support of local warranty and local power adaptors.
    Clancy, was being polite lol i know not in my nature lol.
    10-28-14 06:10 PM
    People wanting the passport, head over to Amaysim.com.au

Posted via CB10
    Why? They don't have them.

Z30 144GB
    10-28-14 06:59 PM
    Available on pre-orders

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:07 PM
    Available on pre-orders

Posted via CB10
    for $939 id rather buy it from optus or amazon.
    10-28-14 07:12 PM
    Expansys has them in stock if anyone is interested I have used them before and were quite good when ordering 9970

BlackBerry� Passport LTE - SQW100-1: RGY181LW (Unlocked, 32GB, Black) - EXPANSYS Australia

they also have cases in stock.
    Last edited by CRACKBERRY_OZ; 10-28-14 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo
    10-28-14 07:14 PM
    Expansys has them in stock if anyone is interested I have used them before and were quite good when ordering 9970

BlackBerry� Passport LTE - SQW100-1: RGY181LW (Unlocked, 32GB, Black) - EXPANSYS Australia

they also have cases in stock.
    I'm shocked that Optus is still the cheapest place to buy them...even off contract. At 899 or 816 depending on your sales rep, it's still the best price. However I'm sure if you can't wait, you would be willing to pay the extra.

As far as accessories go, beware when someone advertises compatibility with the Passport. I just purchased a care mount which was advertised as Passport compatible. It only said that because the manufacturer said it was compatible with screens up to 5". That didn't take into account that the Passport is 1:1. The device is wider that the standard 2.9" maximum on regular devices.

Also, the only thing they have in stock besides the device are the screen protectors. You can order a case, but it is a preorder.
    10-28-14 07:40 PM
    I'm shocked that Optus is still the cheapest place to buy them...even off contract. At 899 or 816 depending on your sales rep, it's still the best price. However I'm sure if you can't wait, you would be willing to pay the extra.

As far as accessories go, beware when someone advertises compatibility with the Passport. I just purchased a care mount which was advertised as Passport compatible. It only said that because the manufacturer said it was compatible with screens up to 5". That didn't take into account that the Passport is 1:1. The device is wider that the standard 2.9" maximum on regular devices.

Also, the only thing they have in stock besides the device are the screen protectors. You can order a case, but it is a preorder.
    These are the genuine BB PASSPORT ACCESSORIES the wallet and hard shell.
    10-28-14 07:45 PM
    No stock Australian wide however people in Sydney, you can order Passport from Optus Marrickvale and George St.

I ended up getting a used one from a fellow owner in Sydney, will join the group in 1 week time or less
    10-28-14 08:56 PM
    So when will Optus get more stock?

Keen to get me hands on a device, have read enough, thinking I will make the plunge without trying the device :-)

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-28-14 08:58 PM
    So when will Optus get more stock?

Keen to get me hands on a device, have read enough, thinking I will make the plunge without trying the device :-)

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    It seems that more stock will be available in the warehouse on November 5th. If you go and order one now, I'm sure they will have it to you the following day.
    10-28-14 10:55 PM
    These are the genuine BB PASSPORT ACCESSORIES the wallet and hard shell.
    Optus Subscribers AUS-not-yet.jpg
    10-28-14 10:59 PM
    Could not agree more mate. Also, thanks for the help over at Optus getting people's hands on devices.
    No probs Clancy. It feels good to be back on the BB forums. Thanks to the passport my passion and enthusiasm for BB has definitely returned

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:39 AM
    Blackberry has one of the best managing directors in Australia and New Zealand. Blackberry can not be blamed for carriers and the grey shady part of business.
    Are you kidding?, Mathew Ball? lol. The guy was thrown into the CEO role because the other CEO left. He was the CMO who did the embarrassing ' wake up' campaign which BB was blasted for. There was quite a few questions about his promotion as well. The guy is a total joke. Under his watch they lost many large customers + consumers here have to put up with flawed releases for the BB10 devices, under supply and no point of sale for accessories. These are just a few points. "Best managing directors in Australia and New Zealand" - lol
    mjdimer likes this.
    10-29-14 02:10 AM
    Are you kidding?, Mathew Ball? lol. The guy was thrown into the CEO role because the other CEO left. He was the CMO who did the embarrassing ' wake up' campaign which BB was blasted for. There was quite a few questions about his promotion as well. The guy is a total joke. Under his watch they lost many large customers + consumers here have to put up with flawed releases for the BB10 devices, under supply and no point of sale for accessories. These are just a few points. "Best managing directors in Australia and New Zealand" - lol
    Yeah I had that argument earlier pretty laughable isn't it
    10-29-14 02:14 AM
    This is truly pathetic though. Can't even update the website to state which carrier is selling it + method of order.
    Like seriously?

Optus Subscribers AUS-bb.jpg
    10-29-14 02:20 AM
    I dont think it as much Optus but more BlackBerry AU that has dropped the ball and not marketed their products better but in time this will change.

Would love to get feedback from those who have a passport will be putting up a survey soon and hope all those that have a passport of have tried to obtain one will contribute.

Thanks

CO
    Blackberry marketing Australia is non existent. Whoever is responsible needs the boot. John Chen needs to get rid of his current crop of marketing managers

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:35 AM
    It seems that more stock will be available in the warehouse on November 5th. If you go and order one now, I'm sure they will have it to you the following day.
    Sweet, thank you!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-29-14 06:29 AM
    While it may not be much, I went to Optus on Bourke street in melbourne and was told by the manager that while they don't have any physical stock in store (it comes in as it's ordered), they have requested dummy units at least, so that people who want to get their hands on it before they purchase it(like myself) can.

Posted via CB10
    kuronai likes this.
    10-29-14 07:05 AM
    So Bourke Street is finally getting with the programme
    10-29-14 08:16 AM
    This sucks, my local store said can't even order it in as they are a franchise. They said order online...I can't see the passport online to order.....

Anyone ordered online?

Also anyone using on Telstra?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-30-14 01:39 AM
    This sucks, my local store said can't even order it in as they are a franchise. They said order online...I can't see the passport online to order.....

Anyone ordered online?

Also anyone using on Telstra?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    No ability to order online to the best of my knowledge and I don't think telstra is offering it. Best suggestion I can make is call around a few local stores
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    10-30-14 01:55 AM
    Ordered online via Business Sales and my Passport arrived yesterday. Optus $80 plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:37 AM
    Hmmm will look into that, I want to buy outright though.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.938
    10-30-14 02:07 PM
598 ... 1617181920 ...