Thanks Vader. Makes sense as I'm finding when I access my contacts there is a bit of lag at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:48 PM
    Interesting I ordered with Yatango and was told 5 7 days no passport yet now been told 7th November

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:55 PM
    On a plan $80+2

It's so big Geez

Visit The CFC Cartel
    How much data does that include? My Z10 plan was 60+6 and had 1.5GB of data but I'm regularly needing to top up the plan.

I asked Optus if I could reduce my call allowance to increase my data. Let's just say the answer was the opposite of their slogan...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:11 PM
    Currently,
    Optus $80 plan is unlimited calls/sms and now 5GB data instead of 3gb
    Vodafone $80 plan 4gb data, unlimited calls/sms and 300 international minutes phone calls
    Telstra $80 plan is $700 talk and MMS, unlimited sms, upto 2.5 gb data
    These are plans with phones
    Vodafone have $80 sim only with infinite calls /sms, $300 international calls, 6GB data and for limited time a bonus 2gb for first 12 months

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-24-14 10:36 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for that. wasn't sure if Optus Passport plans were a bit different to the norm.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:39 PM
    Battery life is great after the initial indexing of the memory card and syncing of email and contacts. That always make the system and PIM services run hard.

I've been out all morning with the kids, reading the news and messaging the wife and I'm down to 88%. It's magic, as the Z10 would be down to 50% by now.

To see the battery go down and the phone get hot, you should see what happens when you enrol your phone to a BES, and it sets up the secure work partition, syncs and encrypts 1600 odd emails and 17000 odd contacts. The top right corner is nearly too hot to touch.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:03 AM
    Gotta disagree with you. Reception with Vodafone has been fantastic, ...
    Good to hear that. I've never been with Vodafone, so I have no experience on my own. But a lot of colleagues in Sydney and Melbourne went to Voda some time ago and the experience was crap: often drop outs (during the call), bad connection and the data speed - when they managed to get a connection - was far below average.
    I must admit these experiences were just before the time Voda got a very bad press, i.e. where there network at least in the big cities couldn't handle the requests. Most of them went back to Telstra (if they could afford that) or to Optus.
    So it?s once burned, twice shy for me.
    10-25-14 07:10 AM
    I think it was about 4 years ago that Voda was a total basketcase, with people leaving in droves, including a few people I know. I think they have got their sh1t together now, but I don't think they'll ever be able to cast off the 3rd tier reputation.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:37 AM
    Hey guys in your travels has anyone seen a display model ina store?
    10-25-14 02:45 PM
    Hey guys in your travels has anyone seen a display model ina store?
    Good luck with that, sold out worldwide, no demo units or very few in just about in any country, not too much promotional material as there is little stock so people would be ticked if they have to wait too long for it, hopefully once there is more stock they will be more visible. Try Saudi Arabia and Selfridges in the UK. Most are hiding them out the back only for those who ask or are getting units in on demand from the next run which is probably going to be a sell out as well.

Z30 144GB
    10-25-14 05:31 PM
    Just went to Optus Penrith and was told they don't sell the Passport, geez this lot are useless!!!

10-25-14 06:20 PM
    Just went to Optus Penrith and was told they don't sell the Passport, geez this lot are useless!!!

They do, ask for manager and ask him/her to check with head office....or you will take your money to another Optus store. If they can't or won't do that, call the next nearby one.

Z30 144GB
    10-25-14 07:01 PM
    Looking in Sydney after a demo device.

Classic or Passport?
    10-25-14 07:46 PM
    Looking in Sydney after a demo device.

Classic or Passport?
    You won't find Classic, not released yet.

Z30 144GB
    10-25-14 09:09 PM
    They do, ask for manager and ask him/her to check with head office....or you will take your money to another Optus store. If they can't or won't do that, call the next nearby one.

Z30 144GB
    Yeah, I told her that Optus do stock them, she told me they haven't been released yet. I laughed at her saying she wasn't a very good sales rep if she didn't know what she is supposed be selling and walked out. I had no intention of buying there and then, just wanted to look at one. Had they had one in stock I would have been very tempted. Carriers are useless these days if you are after anything other than an Iphone or Samsung.

10-25-14 09:13 PM
    Yeah, I told her that Optus do stock them, she told me they haven't been released yet. I laughed at her saying she wasn't a very good sales rep if she didn't know what she is supposed be selling and walked out. I had no intention of buying there and then, just wanted to look at one. Had they had one in stock I would have been very tempted. Carriers are useless these days if you are after anything other than an Iphone or Samsung.

I'm sure she would have sold you one or let you have a look at it if they had Passport in stock. No need to be rude, sales rep was just doing her job.

Posted from a D618
    10-25-14 09:21 PM
    As far as reception goes, the differences between Optus and Vodafone depends on the area. In the Highlands for example, Vodafone are useless. Optus has exceptional 4G. The central coast is a little different, Voda is much better than Optus. Telstra have a nice little monopoly on all the hardware which is why they feel they can charge through the nose and offer such little payback. I guess for me, it comes down to these three facts. I have my Passport, I am living in an area where Optus' reception is great and I'm getting what I feel is a better deal than most.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    10-25-14 09:27 PM
    I'm sure she would have sold you one or let you have a look at it if they had Passport in stock. No need to be rude, sales rep was just doing her job.

Posted from a D618
    As far as she was concerned, it wasn't released yet and optus didn't sell it. When I told her they do she got stroppy with me for trying to correct her. I was not rude to her, she was the one being rude, so much for customer service. So that is when I laughed at her and walked out

Last edited by Ozfork; 10-26-14 at 12:51 AM.
    10-25-14 09:36 PM

Posted from a D618
    Her job is knowing what phones are available for sale!

10-25-14 09:37 PM
    You won't find Classic, not released yet.

Z30 144GB
    I know, it's just my signature

Classic or Passport?
    10-25-14 10:20 PM
    Her job is knowing what phones are available for sale!

Agreed, unfortunately sales reps don't know much about BlackBerry. But I find it strange that noone has a #**$ demo unit!!!!!

Classic or Passport?
    10-25-14 10:23 PM
    Agreed, unfortunately sales reps don't know much about BlackBerry. But I find it strange that noone has a #**$ demo unit!!!!!

Classic or Passport?
    Yes I agree. Especially since this phone is so unique, it sure would be great to get a feel for it before signing up or forking out the cash

10-25-14 11:42 PM
    Yes I agree. Especially since this phone is so unique, it sure would be great to get a feel for it before signing up or forking out the cash

Exactly! I need to feel it in my hands before buying a 8-900$ device.

Blackberry should have provided a unique stand for the Passport, when it was released to a carrier, with promo material and a spec comparison. T-shirt and fan boy gear.

That would open a lot of eyes .

Classic or Passport?
    10-26-14 12:03 AM
    Now you're taking!

10-26-14 12:14 AM
    As far as reception goes, the differences between Optus and Vodafone depends on the area. In the Highlands for example, Vodafone are useless. Optus has exceptional 4G. The central coast is a little different, Voda is much better than Optus. Telstra have a nice little monopoly on all the hardware which is why they feel they can charge through the nose and offer such little payback. I guess for me, it comes down to these three facts. I have my Passport, I am living in an area where Optus' reception is great and I'm getting what I feel is a better deal than most.
    Hey Chap,
    You are probably right about Optus/Vodafone being similar. I have been on Vodafone for about 20 years, and when I found out only Optus have the Passport, I started asking people who were/are with Optus, what the coverage is like. The 4 out of 5 people I asked were unhappy with coverage. You can only go by advice given. And yes as per your 3 facts, YOU have the Passport and I don't, so I guess you're the winner. Glad to hear you are happy with Optus, nothing worse being stuck in a contract when you're not happy. Their plans seem quite reasonable too.
    What annoyed me most about my Optus experience today, even though the sales rep knew nothing of the product that her Company was supposed to be selling (Company's fault for lack of advising/training staff) she could have at least got on the computer or made some enquiries about ordering one in. She seemed totally disinterested in getting a sale. This is not what BlackBerry needs when trying to sell their phones, especially from the exclusive Australian carrier. A little in store advertising wouldn't go astray, hell even a poster or two stating availability should be minimum.

10-26-14 01:13 AM
598 ... 1415161718 ...