The reps name was Dean. Good luck!
    Thanks alot!
    10-16-14 08:47 PM
    Okay, latest update -

Chap from Mittagong just called me and said it should be available for everyone now, and order through normal channels. Delivery should be 2-3 business days (that's what it is normally for units that are listed as being in stock).

Outright price is $816 dollars - if they quote $899 thats the MAXIMUM retail price, but their listed price should be $816. Happy hunting everyone!
    Great.. based on this I should receive mine around mid next week.
    Last edited by moeah; 10-16-14 at 10:43 PM.
    10-16-14 10:17 PM
    yep, just got back from my local optus store (Keysborough) and successfully ordered one for $816. i should have it by Tuesday/Wednesday.

the sales rep originally told me that it'll be $899, but after explaining to him that others have purchased it for $816, he checked the system again, and agreed to sell it to me for $816.

I also asked him how many has he sold, and he said that it was only released today, and that i was the first. This might explain why others have had so much problems trying to buy one prior to today.
    10-17-14 02:07 AM
    You are all in for treat. This is a great device in so many ways. Also in my opinion you don't have to be a business user to appreciate it. Yes it excels at productivity etc but if you wish to plays games, use social networking apps etc you will have a ball with so many app stores to choose from. Any the keyboard - so nice compared to a touchscreen.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:29 AM
    Hmm anyway to order it from Optus online or even over the phone?
    Honestly I don't think I can be bothered having to go in store to spend all my time looking for a good sales assistant

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:21 AM
    Hmm anyway to order it from Optus online or even over the phone?
    Honestly I don't think I can be bothered having to go in store to spend all my time looking for a good sales assistant

Posted via CB10
    This is an independent store only process. If you find your local store and ask them about the device, they may deny all knowledge. Then you point them to the system and tell them to look for the 'newly device's tab in the system. If they refuse, go to the nearest store. Otherwise, take a trip to Mittagong. Those guys deserve some credit.
    10-17-14 07:57 AM
    Optus sucks and they don't support blackberry. Better choices out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:48 AM
    Actually, I disagree bbjdog. This is Australia, there aren't better options out there in terms of BlackBerry. Telstra aren't going to stock the device till December unless we do something about it. Vodafone won't stock the device period. Which means that the lesser carriers won't either. The importers are not a better option since there is no local warranty attached to the device and you have to deal with power adaptors which can put your device at risk.
    10-18-14 02:57 PM
    Just ordered my Passport from Optus Knox. They'll let me know when it arrives on store next week to pick it up and sign the paperwork.

Posted via CB10
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    10-18-14 10:32 PM
    Actually, I disagree bbjdog. This is Australia, there aren't better options out there in terms of BlackBerry. Telstra aren't going to stock the device till December unless we do something about it. Vodafone won't stock the device period. Which means that the lesser carriers won't either. The importers are not a better option since there is no local warranty attached to the device and you have to deal with power adaptors which can put your device at risk.
    Hi Chap,
    Are you currently with Optus? If so, what is the service like out your way? Was thinking of going with optus but have heard their network is pretty ordinary

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-19-14 12:27 AM
    Do Optus sell the cases as well?

Posted via CB10
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    10-19-14 01:20 AM
    Hi Chap,
    Are you currently with Optus? If so, what is the service like out your way? Was thinking of going with optus but have heard their network is pretty ordinary

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    They implemented 4G a few months ago. Works like a treat.
    10-19-14 01:47 AM
    Always a good question hashtag. Optus are fairly limited on BB accessories. The only way to get the accessory you want is to buy it overseas. Or go to blackberrystore.com.au
    10-19-14 01:50 AM
    Unfortunately at the moment there is no local stock of accessories so need to order off ebay / amazon etc for the moment. So my Passport ATM is running around naked.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:00 AM
    Yes there are choices. Buy the passport at Thinkofus.com.au and that is it. Oh some of us can't afford it! It doesn't matter if you can or not. If you go with the carrier and there subsidized phone you are still paying the price. If people start to buy out right they have no choice but to compete for your dollars, that means lower price.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:33 PM
    Always a good question hashtag. Optus are fairly limited on BB accessories. The only way to get the accessory you want is to buy it overseas. Or go to blackberrystore.com.au
    I'd be cautious with this store - 15months ago (when I got my Q10), I tried to buy a hard case from them but fortunately the credit card payment did not go through because the vendor ID was not valid. I sent them several emails but never go a reply. So they seem to be dead.

I got mine finally from mobilezap - they even have an *.au website but the delivery came from the UK.
    Can I recommend them? Hmmm ... I got the case and it was cheaper than elsewhere but the delivery took 3wks (but go already an email how I find their service after 1 week).
    10-19-14 05:15 PM
    I've used mobilezap a few times, had express delivery on the few items and they have turned up in 2 odd days. Seem to be competitive in prices, i'd recommend them.

Never bought phone from them just cases, batteries, holders etc.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    10-19-14 09:33 PM
    Aren't mobilezap accessories only?

When the passport stuff becomes available, I might give them a go as well.
    10-19-14 10:48 PM
    Lol don't order anything from that site, there are numerous bad reviews on them.

There's plenty of good eBay sellers that sell genuine blackberry accessories.
    I have used londonmagicstore on ebay, they are fast and sell genuine Blackberry accessories.

You won't find any stores in Australia that carry the accessories, since it's hard enough to find the actual phones.
    10-20-14 12:32 AM
    Interesting to see how this week pans out with Optus ... I'm checking back on this thread every 7 minutes.....

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-20-14 01:59 AM
    Interesting to see how this week pans out with Optus ... I'm checking back on this thread every 7 minutes.....

Haha so am I!!

Based on my deductions of the info out there I should receive my device tomorrow or Wednesday.
    10-20-14 02:27 AM
    Optus said the Passport I ordered yesterday will be in tomorrow or Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:31 AM
    Well.... looking forward to pictures of aussie Passports here soon then.... !!!!

10-20-14 03:54 AM
    Anyone know any stores in SA that'll sell it at the $816 price?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 03:55 AM
    I bought one from Thinkofus on the 2nd of October. I'm still waiting for it to ship...spewing if Optus has it first haha

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:20 AM
598 ... 910111213 ...