I've officially placed my order

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:27 AM
    Sorry if it's been posted but what was the price out right?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:47 AM
    $816

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:48 AM
    Moeah can you tell me where, and how you got the phone? Everywhere I've gone it's the same story.. We don't have it, you need to be corporate etc
    10-16-14 02:05 AM
    I got mine last week from Amazon UK for just over $800 AUD. Absolutely love it so far and the size is quite good after a couple of days of getting used to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:18 AM
    Moeah can you tell me where, and how you got the phone? Everywhere I've gone it's the same story.. We don't have it, you need to be corporate etc
    I ordered my phone at the Burke St Store in Melbourne. The Optus rep I had was awesome and very helpful. I first spoke with him on the phone and he went and checked the system and told me it was there and he could order it for me. I told him I wanted it outright and he said they are not selling it outright however there is a loophole.

I sat next to him and watched the whole process and we did a normal new activation on a $45 My Plan Plus Sim which is a month by month plan with a One off handset cost of $816. There is a promotion where you get the first month for free so basically once I get my phone I cancel the contract and pay the full $816.

Worst case scenario is that I don't get the phone for 5 weeks and I go into next month then I pay $45 + $816. This is a risk I was willing to take.
    jscan44 likes this.
    10-16-14 02:38 AM
    Alright, I'm in the bankstown food court right now will go up to the Optus store after food to try my luck

Visit The CFC Cartel
    10-16-14 03:03 AM
    OK just left the Optus store. The clerk didn't know what I was talking about but I urged him to check his system, low and behold, blackberry Passport is there, with all the plans available, I said sign me up so he sat there scrolling through the brochure manual that Optus had atttached to the system for the employees and he said it's not available for order yet. He did however stop scrolling at the specs page to take a look and i watched his face he did a quick raised eyebrows thing like whoa ok, then while I was asking more about how to get one his manager came around and said "hey you're the 2nd person to ask about this today so I'll tell you what I told them, just.. wait! We expect stock from 1st November come back then, I thanked him and left, there you go

Visit The CFC Cartel
    10-16-14 03:24 AM
    Got word today, for any Telstra cutomers, they WILL definitely stock the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:08 AM
    Got word today, for any Telstra cutomers, they WILL definitely stock the passport.

Posted via CB10
    That's blardy good news mate, now if only you can stay off the alcohol for one day enough to go into a telstra store....

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-16-14 05:11 AM
    That is good to hear, just waiting for Vodafone.

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-16-14 05:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Any word on when?

10-16-14 05:14 AM
    That's blardy good news mate, now if only you can stay off the alcohol for one day enough to go into a telstra store....

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    Haha, I have a little bit of time, so I'll try to slowly step away from the bottle.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:16 AM
    Any word on when?

The tech said December as they have to do their normal telstra tests, and also tests for a new network of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:17 AM
    Wow, that is slow but better late than never eh?

10-16-14 05:21 AM
    I ordered my phone at the Burke St Store in Melbourne. The Optus rep I had was awesome and very helpful. I first spoke with him on the phone and he went and checked the system and told me it was there and he could order it for me. I told him I wanted it outright and he said they are not selling it outright however there is a loophole.

I sat next to him and watched the whole process and we did a normal new activation on a $45 My Plan Plus Sim which is a month by month plan with a One off handset cost of $816. There is a promotion where you get the first month for free so basically once I get my phone I cancel the contract and pay the full $816.

Worst case scenario is that I don't get the phone for 5 weeks and I go into next month then I pay $45 + $816. This is a risk I was willing to take.
    And I'm going to assume this was for consumer right? not through corporate? seems like you got a top sales rep!
    10-16-14 05:56 AM
    If possible could you advise the good reps name?. I don't want to get some teen bimbo when trying to order at this store.

Thanks
    10-16-14 06:33 AM
    Precisely. I'm in no rush to get it, I just want to make sure I do. Once my contract finishes it will be here.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:37 AM
    And I'm going to assume this was for consumer right? not through corporate? seems like you got a top sales rep!
    Yep consumer. He was very helpful and the order took 15mins. Quickest I've ever been in and out of a store for a new activation/order.
    10-16-14 01:34 PM
    If possible could you advise the good reps name?. I don't want to get some teen bimbo when trying to order at this store.

Thanks
    The reps name was Dean. Good luck!
    10-16-14 01:36 PM
    Unreal moeah. I'm just hanging out to see when they will get their **** together in sydney, i'm just sick of all the waiting!

When did they say your phone is expected to arrive?
    10-16-14 06:13 PM
    They told me to expect a call anytime from next Monday.. I'll pop a post up when I receive it!
    10-16-14 06:28 PM
    Nice!! Congrats mate - hope its a speedy delivery
    10-16-14 07:15 PM
    Not a bad price in Oz. Mine cost $720 from Amazon US (with priority shipping). Only really $100 in it. That said, I haven't got it yet - should be here Tuesday.
    10-16-14 08:35 PM
    Okay, latest update -

Chap from Mittagong just called me and said it should be available for everyone now, and order through normal channels. Delivery should be 2-3 business days (that's what it is normally for units that are listed as being in stock).

Outright price is $816 dollars - if they quote $899 thats the MAXIMUM retail price, but their listed price should be $816. Happy hunting everyone!
    EmaliMcrtny likes this.
    10-16-14 08:37 PM
598 ... 89101112 ...