I am unable to post links (not enough posts), Google "blackberry passport amaysim mobile"

My apologies, it is actually $940.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:52 PM
    No worries jwpp. I've been pushing to get the Passport onto a standard carrier to get into the hands of the general public in Australia for a while. Today has been a frustrating day in that battle. Places like mobicity and personal digital don't really help address the issue.
    10-15-14 12:01 AM
    If they arent stocking it, fine, i wont waste my time trying to hunt one down locally and just order it from overseas. I just can't get over the radio silence and half arsed communication between the optus shopfront and management, and between optus and the customers. this also goes for the poor communication from blackberry and amazon regarding deliveries. i mean a simple apology would do right? i understand there might have have been an underestimation of demand, or some issue in the production chain, or delivery issues, whatever. most of us are reasonable people that can deal with it. Just apologise for the delay or at least give accurate information!

the only reason i'm really hanging out for a carrier to stock it is for warranty purposes, it would be a lot easier to just walk into a store and deal with it if it ever becomes the case, and for me that is worth the extra $100 or so rather than getting it online.
    10-15-14 12:33 AM
    I agree whole heartedly jwpp. Being able to have the warranty and 'pay' for the handset over the course of a contract is much more appealing than rushing out and risking it on an import.
    10-15-14 12:56 AM
    Ok just got off the phone with the rep from Mittagong - he's been excellent all day, really professional and the only one thats actually been onto it!!

Here is the latest information - He can't get any definitive answers from anyone higher up, although they seem to think that it will be available "sometime next week". Pricing according to the system: $60 + $13 for the handset monthly, or $80 + $2 for the handset monthly. Outright purchases unavailable at launch, but the system says $899, which apparently is determined by Blackberry.

That's me out of the picture, I'll be checking Amazon's warranty policy and will probably order from them. Optus is ridiculous, apart from one guy they have all been useless. Blackberry Australia, you guys are idiots thinking it will sell at $900AUD. I have never been a Blackberry user before, and lucky I've been keeping myself unbiased and can see the potential for the phone for my needs - if I saw the pricing structure and read only the usual reviews I would have dismissed the phone long ago. Some marketing strategy.

I will shop around for the best SIM-only deals and I definitely won't be going with Optus with the customer service they have displayed throughout.
    10-15-14 01:46 AM
    You'd be absolutely gutted! I tried my local stores around Campbelltown with no news when or if they will even have it. Sales staff were very disinterested.

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-15-14 02:04 AM
    Clancy

The Optus sales guy I spoke to said it would be available on the $50 plan with $17 handset charges (something like that) - I wasnt paying close attention cause I was just after the outright price
    That's a reasonably priced plan ...... IF anyone could get the device.
    10-15-14 02:05 AM
    Ah this is a little disappointing. Was hoping to go in store and use the device in the next few days.

Few more weeks it is then!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    10-15-14 06:27 AM
    Spoke to three stores in Brisbane with no knowledge of the Passport followed by a call to Optus business sales and again no knowledge whatsoever about the phone!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:21 PM
    I wish John knew what type of clowns he has down here running the business + horrible carrier partner they have decided to do business with.

Would have been alot better to just sell via their own online store in for AU.
    10-15-14 08:55 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance, but if we buy from Amazon -

1. The power plug would be in the US format, do you just buy an adapter and fit it permanently to the plug so it can fit our sockets?
    2. Warranty - I read on the Amazon website that they have a 30 day return FROM ORDERING, and for the remaining 11 months its a manufacturer's warranty? Does that mean I send it to Blackberry Au or Blackberry in Canada?

Thanks in advance.
    Zac_AUS likes this.
    10-15-14 09:09 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance, but if we buy from Amazon -

1. The power plug would be in the US format, do you just buy an adapter and fit it permanently to the plug so it can fit our sockets?
    2. Warranty - I read on the Amazon website that they have a 30 day return FROM ORDERING, and for the remaining 11 months its a manufacturer's warranty? Does that mean I send it to Blackberry Au or Blackberry in Canada?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Yes
    2. Good luck, whatever the answer, get it in writing.

Z30 144GB
    Zac_AUS and jwpp like this.
    10-15-14 09:55 PM
    You can now order the Blackberry Passport in an Optus store, if they tell you "we don't know" tell them to check the newly devices tab in their system.

I just ordered mine,

Regards,

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:29 PM
    10-15-14 10:30 PM
    Which store did you order it from a32m?

I've tried a couple of stores so far and they havent heard anything... again.

You can now order the Blackberry Passport in an Optus store, if they tell you "we don't know" tell them to check the newly devices tab in their system.

I just ordered mine,

Regards,

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:42 PM
    Which store did you order it from a32m?

I've tried a couple of stores so far and they havent heard anything... again.
    I too would like to know this. Hopefully Mittagong have been able to break through as well.
    10-15-14 11:37 PM
    Macquarie Park shopping centre, all stores should be able to order them in.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:42 PM
    Can you please tell me what the terms of the purchase are?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:50 PM
    Thanks for that. Macquarie Park is where head office is. I just called Mittagong and they are going to chase it up with them.
    10-15-14 11:50 PM
    You are kidding me. I called them and the guy who I spoke to was so rude and said they cant order Blackberries!
    10-15-14 11:51 PM
    Clancy, Macquarie Park has a shop front too within the shopping mall there. I don't think thats head office. Could be wrong though!
    10-15-14 11:52 PM
    It doesn't seem like any stores will even carry a demo unit, such a shame.
    10-15-14 11:54 PM
    Yeah, I know that there is a shop front separate from the Head Office. I just noted with amusement that the store closest to the informational black hole was able to order one.
    10-16-14 12:01 AM
    Thank you a32M

I've struck gold!!

With your info I called the store I've been dealing with and told them to look in the newly devices tab and he has found the passport!!!

I'm going in after work to pre-order mine!
    10-16-14 12:02 AM
    Haha fair enough. I did find that particularly amusing as well. Just got off the phone with Macquarie Park (shopfront), they said they received notification that they WILL be able to order it, but they are not sure how to, or when they can, and they are too busy today (for the launch of the new section of macquarie park shopping centre) so to be patient and call back tomorrow. sigh... not sure how you got your phone a32m!
    10-16-14 12:04 AM
598 ... 7891011 ...