Thanks. So how do I become a business customer

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:40 PM
    Not sure if business is enough to I have a business account but still sketchy I think it may only be enterprise. This means bulk order I'll keep everyone posted as I get more information

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:43 PM
    Thank you. I just want to get the passport asap

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:49 PM
    I'm in business account with Telstra If they don't get it il cancel all my services to get it on Optus

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:52 PM
    I hope they allow ABN holders to get this phone, judging by the brief reply it seems only large scale enterprise customers / gov.

Blackberry Australia is so poorly run, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Below pretty much sums it up, even Blackberry don't know where it is available in Australia.

Optus Subscribers AUS-blackberry.jpg
    Last edited by jscan44; 09-28-14 at 08:30 AM.
    09-28-14 08:10 AM
    UPDATE
    Though if you want to have a visceral reaction to the device, you will have to head to an Optus store, because Optus Business is the only telco planning to range the Passport, for a price that will be announced closer to its availability in mid- to late-October.

Full Article can be found here BlackBerry Passport arrives to cheers, boos
    allwi likes this.
    09-28-14 08:49 PM
    UPDATE
    Though if you want to have a visceral reaction to the device, you will have to head to an Optus store, because Optus Business is the only telco planning to range the Passport, for a price that will be announced closer to its availability in mid- to late-October.

Full Article can be found here BlackBerry Passport arrives to cheers, boos
    Nice article - does not give much detail but has a positive attitude and might get people interested.
    09-28-14 10:44 PM
    HEY CRACKAUSSIANS.

Review of Passport by SMH Hands-on review: BlackBerry Passport

Not a bad review in general but again missing some of the great BB points

all the best

CO
    09-29-14 04:55 PM
    Yeah i saw the review from Ben. While it is a good general smartphone review, it is comparing apples with oranges. The Passport does some things really well that no other smartphone can, but then on the flip it lacks in some of the other areas. It would have been nice for a focus to be on what the advantages are rather than a standard comparison between the iPhone and latest Android devices
    09-29-14 05:16 PM
    Review of Passport by SMH Hands-on review: BlackBerry Passport

Not a bad review in general but again missing some of the great BB points
    ... and not a good review either. The author mentions that some apps are missing but does not mention that there are fantastic 3rd party apps for exactly the same purpose (Instagram - InstaVenue, Google Maps = BeMaps, YouTube = FastTube, Gmail - not sure why we need this with the hub, Snapchat, Uber)

Then some bashing of the physical keyboard and that one hand use is (nearly) impossible: Please show me how you can handle the iPhone 6+ single handed ...

So in summary: Some press is better than no press
    09-29-14 07:01 PM
    As many have mentioned in the comments of the SMH review instagram works I use BlackBerry maps and it works great has never failed me. As an am running a leak I find blackberry assistant to be amazing.

I have no idea why he mentioned Gmail I have three email accounts on Google apps and they all work with hub. Google maps is BlackBerry maps and you tube works in the super fast browser still no issues. The issue is really the app centric nature of modern consumers have to have an app for everything how many do they use maybe 5 at most and with hub I barely use apps. It's blackberry it works

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    09-29-14 10:30 PM
    As many have mentioned in the comments of the SMH review instagram works I use BlackBerry maps and it works great has never failed me. As an am running a leak I find blackberry assistant to be amazing.

I have no idea why he mentioned Gmail I have three email accounts on Google apps and they all work with hub. Google maps is BlackBerry maps and you tube works in the super fast browser still no issues. The issue is really the app centric nature of modern consumers have to have an app for everything how many do they use maybe 5 at most and with hub I barely use apps. It's blackberry it works

Posted via CB10
    95% agree - but living in Sydney without a car, I have to rely on public transport. And it's really a miss that BB Maps does not show bus stops (like Google does). Having said that, although not perfect (due to constraints of the public Google maps API), BeMaps works great for me and I can even get the next route via public transport from everywhere in Sydney.
    09-29-14 11:00 PM
    Have you tried the trip view app? Very useful for public transport in sydney.

Posted via CB10
    aussienick likes this.
    09-29-14 11:08 PM
    Have you tried the trip view app? Very useful for public transport in sydney.
    Thanks for the tip. Yes, I have and I use it regularly to look up my known connections. But frequently I have the problem that I need to go to e.g. to North Ryde somewhere or to Marrickville and I have no clue what the name of a nearby stop is or which buses / trains go there. If it's better aka faster to use train and bus or bus only.
    Also for the way back from my office, I have to multiple option and in TripView I have no overview it's at this time it's better to use option A or B or C ...
    I know many people looove TripView but I find its features quite limited. Though the real time data is great. Knowing that you haven't missed the bus because it's again 15min late

I quite like TransitTimes - which works well when you patch it with GMaps Patcher. You can download it with Snap when you purchased it with an Android phone before. But it's also slow compared to BeMaps/Google (but this combination does not allow you to specify the departure or arrival time but only shows the next connection).
    09-30-14 12:05 AM
    Looks like we're getting the run around yet again. Simply put, if no-one in this country stocks the passport in a timely manner, what makes us think that BlackBerry handsets will ever be available again?
    09-30-14 12:23 AM
    I am buying off Shopbb at this rate!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-30-14 12:27 AM
    Looks like we're getting the run around yet again. Simply put, if no-one in this country stocks the passport in a timely manner, what makes us think that BlackBerry handsets will ever be available again?
    CC,

As i posted earlier OPTUS opens pre-order tomorrow for Enterprise and Government. Im going to check that out and see what I can find out. Looks like Telstra is ditching it.
    09-30-14 12:31 AM
    Hey everyone!

Have randomly found a Sydney stockist that allegedly have the black AND white Passport in stock. $770!

https://www.personaldigital.com.au/c...46&category=10

I am waiting on a response to see if it is actually legitimate.
    09-30-14 12:50 AM
    Ok check out www.personaldigital.com.au

I just spoke to them. They will have the Black version in stock next Tuesday. You will still need to order it online but you can take delivery of it from their Pitt Street office in Sydney. $799

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:42 AM
    Hey Guys,

Im going to go buy a nice warm jacket today, who wants to join me....

We have been left out in the cold again.

CO
    10-01-14 03:34 PM
    What do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:24 PM
    He means that there are no legitimate stockists of the passport in this country...and there aren't likely to be. Outside of Businesses 150 employees and over who can ask Optus.

Only expensive grey imports.

Personal Digital today is $815
    10-01-14 10:24 PM
    Clancy

Yes that pretty much arms it up I wonder if we can bulk order say ten or 15 of us wanted it anyone interested?

Make a singular payment be hard to ship huge responsibility on individual outright purchase may save us a buck or two.

Then again probably best to wait 4-6 months and buy it at discount price.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:30 PM
    Does it seem to anyone else that Australia is the only country in the world where you cannot buy a single BlackBerry device through conventional means?

CRACKBERRY_OZ, maybe we can approach BlackBerry about stocking us directly. I wish there was a non-outright way to acquire any BlackBerry device. Looks like I'll be ditching mobile communications if my Q10 ever gives out on me.
    allwi and mjdimer like this.
    10-01-14 10:43 PM
    Clancy,

I am happy to do that which was the point behind the survey. I think however there may be contractual issues still working on a few things on my side this process at least for em takes time.

I have concerns Re BB AU the closure of the twitter account the transfer to the global site seems like they are winding up its the top of my list for questions.
    10-01-14 10:54 PM
598 ... 23456 ...