I'm willing to do this even manually on my Passport for the most frequent contacts but don't get it what the right ratio should be? Contact app shows a different portion of the contact pic from the calling screen so it's all a bit confusing to me...

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Qurve; 04-02-15 at 05:26 AM.
    04-02-15 03:31 AM
    Just 'edit' contact in contact app and then click "+ Add contact picture".

It appears the only choice is a 1:1 ratio crop of the picture you select. This picture itself can have any ratio available, but you are cropping a 1:1 ratio area to use for the contact picture.

The calling/phone screen will simply show an enlarged slice of this contact picture. Yes this can make it weird if you have a 1:1 ratio pic and a slice of the picture shows up on the calling screen.

Hope this helps!!!!!!
    Last edited by duckduke; 04-02-15 at 05:54 PM.
    Qurve likes this.
    04-02-15 05:37 PM
    Just 'edit' contact in contact app and then click "+ Add contact picture".

It appears the only choice is a 1:1 ratio crop of the picture you select. This picture itself can have any ratio available, but you are cropping a 1:1 ratio area to use for the contact picture.

The calling/phone screen will simply show an enlarged slice of this contact picture. Yes this can make it weird if you have a 1:1 ratio pic and a slice of the picture shows up on the calling screen.

Hope this helps!!!!!!
    Cheers! Will try it out!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 04:31 PM
    Is there any way to make it NOT show a 'slice', that is quite disconcerting. Why have us crop the image to a certain size, and then not display that size? I do not want to see a section of the picture, I want to see the icon that I selected, the way I selected it. What good is only seeing 1/3 of someone's face? I don't want to just see someone's chin, that is not very professional, recognizable, nor attractive. The only time it shows me the full picture is when I am in the contact list, on any other page that shows that picture, it is only showing a small part of it, it is very unpleasant. I have been searching for a couple of days now, and this is the closest I can find to this issue, so sorry if this is not the right place. I would rather not have the ability to have pictures than to have to look at some zoomed in close up of someone's nose, or chin, I just cannot understand how anyone could have thought that was a good idea, tiling it would have been better if you wanted a 'bar'.
    11-04-16 04:15 PM