My wife loves her passport. I am waiting on the white one to be available so I can get mine.
    10-08-14 10:40 PM
    1 post troll.
    10-08-14 10:42 PM
    I think nothing of hammering out a lengthy forum post or email on the Passport, and I barely notice that some of the keys are "virtual". I tap them and off I go. I don't feel like I'm missing anything from my Z30, which surprises me, but the Z30 is a great device too. For now, the only thing I think could get me to switch from the Passport would be a portrait slider with tool belt.

I'll say that the capacitive keyboard is more irritating than it is helpful right now, as the selection ring appears when I don't want it to and dismissing it isn't intuitive.
    10-09-14 01:16 AM
    I'll say that the capacitive keyboard is more irritating than it is helpful right now, as the selection ring appears when I don't want it to and dismissing it isn't intuitive.
    I think they should tweak this. Double-tap on the keyboard brings up the ring, but as you say, random light touches will be interpreted as double-taps. I'd like to see an option for either a different way to trigger the selection ring, or a way to set the "timer" so that a double-tap needs to be faster, so there are fewer accidental triggers.
    10-09-14 08:04 AM
    I have been a Blackberry user for close to a decade now. I have lived by the keyboard and became a diehard of this touch keyboard I am typing on.

BlackBerry seriously screwed up the passport. It is the most awful marriage of two great things of all time. I consider myself a power user of my phones and I could barely type a simple message on the passport.

Chen, very simply put hurry up with another flagship all touch or the ship is going down.

Posted via CB10
    Being a power user means that you have to take time to learn how to use the device most efficiently. Your statement consists of two conflicting ideas.

What you might mean to say is that I knew how to use it efficiently before and now I need to learn how to use this new technology.

I couldn't even figure out how to change the mouse sensitivity on Windows 8. I had to Google it. That's not an every day task but I absolutely hated Windows 8 the first time I used it. I don't ***** and moan about it. I spent a week learning the Windows 8 API and I am basically a power user of the OS now.

New laptops don't have a menu button on the keyboard. And that pisses me off. But did you know that there are key combos that do the same thing. It differs by manufacturer by ctrl-F10 does it on some.

And on Windows I am sure you know all the windows key tricks likeWindows-e, windows-m, windows-M, etc. I can't get anything done as power user without this basic commands. You know them, right?
    madman0141, Warlack and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-09-14 08:13 AM
    I think nothing of hammering out a lengthy forum post or email on the Passport, and I barely notice that some of the keys are "virtual". I tap them and off I go. I don't feel like I'm missing anything from my Z30, which surprises me, but the Z30 is a great device too. For now, the only thing I think could get me to switch from the Passport would be a portrait slider with tool belt.

I few point releases of the OS from now and it should be perfect. I'm not totally surprised that the touch part of the keyboard isn't perfect on the first go round.
    10-09-14 08:14 AM
    I always make sure to look at a phone in person before ordering, and this is why.

Sometimes it just doesn't work for me, even though it's a good device.

I had a look at a friend's Passport, decided it seemed pretty neat for my work phone, and pulled the trigger.

Now, I ordered it on October 3rd and missed out on the coupon (grumble) and the thing is still on back order, so... Eventually, someday, when I get my phone, I expect to like it. (Someday!)
    10-09-14 09:23 AM
    Not all things suit to tastes! That's fine! Return your phone and get a classic when it comes out!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 09:38 AM
    I think they should tweak this. Double-tap on the keyboard brings up the ring, but as you say, random light touches will be interpreted as double-taps. I'd like to see an option for either a different way to trigger the selection ring, or a way to set the "timer" so that a double-tap needs to be faster, so there are fewer accidental triggers.
    How about an option for two-thumb long press? I'm sure they just have to adjust the timings and maybe there should be a whole tutorial app for the keyboard to get some guided practice.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:06 AM
    Z30/Z10, what's wrong with these? all touch screen. Why would you even get a Passport if you don't care for the physical keyboard. This is for the diehard physical keyboard people.
    10-09-14 12:36 PM
    The reason it's not for everyone is because some people are not open to change, don't have the patience and willingness to learn something unfamiliar, something that's a little more complex, but which, once mastered, is very flexible and quite efficient.
    OK, so you're saying that change is always good. If you just learn the new device you will be better than you were with the old device. Change is NOT always better. Sometimes change is a lot worse. The OP said he was a long time BlackBerry keyboard user and does not like the new Passport keyboard. To him it is NOT better. I'm sure many others feel the same way. Maybe he doesn't WANT to have to learn a new way to use the Passport keyboard. Your reply was actually offensive. Just because YOU and some other people like the new keyboard does not automatically mean that everyone else will if they just give it more time. There is nothing at all wrong with people that don't like change.
    10-09-14 02:59 PM
    Wow, these posts are getting nuttier and nuttier. I think it is best we just shut this one down before it gets out of hand. Dear moderator, best to take some action.
    Timbosaurus and D3C0D3R like this.
    10-09-14 03:52 PM
    Wow, these posts are getting nuttier and nuttier. I think it is best we just shut this one down before it gets out of hand. Dear moderator, best to take some action.
    As long as the discussion remains civil and posters comply with the Community Rules and Guidelines, the thread can remain open. If we closed every nutty thread on the forums...
    rambo47 and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-09-14 04:24 PM
    As long as the discussion remains civil and posters comply with the Community Rules and Guidelines, the thread can remain open. If we closed every nutty thread on the forums...
    Then where would the Squirrels go?!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-09-14 04:44 PM
    OK, so you're saying that change is always good. If you just learn the new device you will be better than you were with the old device. Change is NOT always better. Sometimes change is a lot worse. The OP said he was a long time BlackBerry keyboard user and does not like the new Passport keyboard. To him it is NOT better. I'm sure many others feel the same way. Maybe he doesn't WANT to have to learn a new way to use the Passport keyboard. Your reply was actually offensive. Just because YOU and some other people like the new keyboard does not automatically mean that everyone else will if they just give it more time. There is nothing at all wrong with people that don't like change.
    No there is nothing wrong with people who don't want change, but then don't buy this phone if you don't like change..

Change is always good or else we'd reach a point in society that we stabilize and nothing changes anywhere and we get bored with our predictable lives..without change we would not figure out what works and what doesn't, just predictable and no fun..

Not sure about you, but that does NOT sound good to me.. :\

10-09-14 04:47 PM
    Yeah can't say I agree with you about this keyboard being a bad thing. It's going to take a few days getting used to no alt or shift buttons (keep hitting "z" to add punctuation hahaha) but the predictive text is phenomenal, meaning I rarely if ever have to delete. Also, coming from a Q10 which I bought after trying so hard to get used to the touch screen keyboard on the Z10, the 9800 before that, Storm, Bold 9000, Curve 8320, Pearl, 7100, and 7290, I have to say the Passport has probably the softest keystroke and most natural feel of all. I would like the ability to hotkey certain physical keys as numbers or punctuation - put a virtual shift key on the screen and have the keys you press then correspond to a character or number the user has programmed. Other than that, quite impressed.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:51 PM
    The passport is the best Blackberry released since they first introduced the blackberry bold 9000.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-09-14 04:59 PM
    ... Your reply was actually offensive. Just because YOU and some other people like the new keyboard does not automatically mean that everyone else will if they just give it more time. There is nothing at all wrong with people that don't like change.
    At no point did he say there was. He simply said some people are not open to it. That's neither being supportive nor judgmental of those people, it's a neutral stance which explains why - in his opinion which he is entitled to - certain people dislike the Passport keyboard. Hardly see how that's something to take offense over. I personally find it offensive that you feel the need to berate another user for essentially speaking common sense. Some people don't like change! They aren't obliged to buy a Passport. BlackBerry is catering to their traditionalists with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-09-14 05:00 PM
    The Passport looks like it would take some getting use to but lets all give it a fair chance. Come it's not like the **** that came out under Thor.
    10-09-14 05:26 PM
    I didn't mean type type stupider. What I mean is that a hybrid keyboard like the Passport has is inherently slow. Complex sentences are a bear to deal with. I can't dial a phone number from the home screen with the keyboard. It's just a whole lot of hassle to deal with the pop up virtual keyboard. The ever-morphing OS UI is just not as elegant as the never-changing Q10 screen. Also, deleting characters in reverse (shift+backspace) is not easy to do. I long for a shift and alt button and secondary keyboard characters. I love the swiping, however.

if you love swiping then how about trying the swype right to left on the keyboard to delete? Begone shift backspace. Swiping up for word predictions helps with longer words also, i dont believe youve actually given this phone a chance.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    10-09-14 06:18 PM
    You HAVE to know what you're getting into when you order a Passport. It's DIFFERENT. It's SUPPOSED to be different! But that's the beauty of it. BlackBerry is trying something unfathomable just a year or two ago. Definitely outside the box thinking on this one. And for those who cannot get with the geometry or keyboard on the Passport, the Classic is just around the corner.
    10-09-14 06:25 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user for close to a decade now. I have lived by the keyboard and became a diehard of this touch keyboard I am typing on.

BlackBerry seriously screwed up the passport. It is the most awful marriage of two great things of all time. I consider myself a power user of my phones and I could barely type a simple message on the passport.

Chen, very simply put hurry up with another flagship all touch or the ship is going down.

Posted via CB10
    So your opinion is that all of those other options are wrong?

Just asking!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    10-09-14 06:33 PM
    I love my passport and I don't agree with OP

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-09-14 06:37 PM
    Best phone I ever owned..... well..... the second best.... my Nokia 6610i was amazing. 3 days battery life, great reception and unbreakable

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-09-14 06:43 PM
    Best phone I ever owned..... well..... the second best.... my Nokia 6610i was amazing. 3 days battery life, great reception and unbreakable

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    Man those were the days, I miss those phones! :P

10-09-14 07:03 PM
94 1234