I have been a Blackberry user for close to a decade now. I have lived by the keyboard and became a diehard of this touch keyboard I am typing on.

BlackBerry seriously screwed up the passport. It is the most awful marriage of two great things of all time. I consider myself a power user of my phones and I could barely type a simple message on the passport.

Chen, very simply put hurry up with another flagship all touch or the ship is going down.

Posted via CB10
    lift, anon(5828343) and abdalla889 like this.
    10-07-14 07:41 PM
    its certainly not a phone for everyone, but I personally love it. it does take some time to get used to
    Sorg644 and abdalla889 like this.
    10-07-14 07:42 PM
    Have you tried a Passport?

What the what?
    10-07-14 07:44 PM
    Let not get over dramatic here it is making money for the company at this point. I agree with you somewhat the typing experience is a step back from the traditional experience though. I would love to see a Q10 successor with high end internals
    cnote221 and Blacklatino like this.
    10-07-14 07:57 PM
    The Passport Keyboard is pretty tricky for the first few days. Give it at least a week before you decide as I felt the same as you on day one. 1-1/2 weeks in, and now I'm really flying on it. I think I'm faster now than on my Z30 and more accurate for sure. The extra space somehow seems to work once your fingers get used to the width and the narrow space bar.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:58 PM
    Then the Passport isn't for you. Many people find it to be perfectly fine. It may take some getting used to but if you aren't willing to change then the Passport was never meant for you. No need for all the negativity. We get enough of that around here as it is. I'll be waiting for the next touch device as well. I'm hoping for great specs and a nice screen and that's it really. If the past year are an indication of future release schedules then we shouldn't be waiting for very long. I have a Z10 too and, as much as I love the screen and size, I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. The Q10 is so much better as an all-round device. I'll be skipping over the Passport and Classic too but I don't think BlackBerry is DOOOMED because of it. So chill dude. The Passport is actually selling better than BlackBerry expected. They showed it off for a year and everyone was like "It's so ugly" now so many people want one that there just isn't enough. That's great news for the company.
    10-07-14 08:00 PM
    Oh dear... I get it that you don't like the passport and that is fine. But if most others like it, your opinion doesn't make their positive reports baloney.
    10-07-14 08:05 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user for close to a decade now. I have lived by the keyboard and became a diehard of this touch keyboard I am typing on.

BlackBerry seriously screwed up the passport. It is the most awful marriage of two great things of all time. I consider myself a power user of my phones and I could barely type a simple message on the passport.

Chen, very simply put hurry up with another flagship all touch or the ship is going down.

Posted via CB10
    Actually Blackberry can easily solve this problem with the Passport for touch keyboard fans. This all can be done using software. Just program the touch sensitive keys to sense touch typing. Virtual keys without pressing, just by touch. Let the user choose it as an option.
    10-07-14 08:14 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user for years. Moved to the Z10, then Z30. I am currently testing the Passport. I find it very easy to type on, better than I remember. I think if you disassociate yourself from the old one, you will find this one is easy to use and is the best of both worlds. There is s scrolling feature by rolling over the space bar, there is a delete and save icon available after each message, that you can hide. The browser is fast. It works well. Give it a chance. There is no challenger on battery life from what I can tell....this thing lasts forever.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-07-14 08:19 PM
    The Passport Keyboard is pretty tricky for the first few days. Give it at least a week before you decide as I felt the same as you on day one. 1-1/2 weeks in, and now I'm really flying on it. I think I'm faster now than on my Z30 and more accurate for sure. The extra space somehow seems to work once your fingers get used to the width and the narrow space bar.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly the case on my end as well. 2nd day I wanted to return the device. Now I'm flying on it and still getting better.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and Sorg644 like this.
    10-07-14 08:22 PM
    Passport is amazing, not sure what your talking about.?!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-07-14 08:27 PM
    I just upgraded to Passport from Q10. It's been about 5 days now. Getting faster and faster with this keyboard. I'm probably as fast or faster now than with the Q which I had from launch day.

This keyboard is liquid sex.

Practice some more especially with the keyboard gestures and features.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:28 PM
    simply said: the passport is NOT for everyone. BlackBerry has clearly declared than and Chen has as well (in fact he did iterate that the "Classic" is meant for "everyone") BUT if you consider yourself as a power user, then the phone is for you, otherwise, don't ever declare that word to anyone, coz you are not.

come on Passport come to Indonesia soon!!!
    10-07-14 08:53 PM
    I'll throw in..

I have to agree to an extent. I was not swoon by the keyboard at first either. A review that I wrote amounted to the same. That's the honest truth.

Also.... I knew that when buying it as I had played around with one on launch day and wasn't overly impressed.

I bought it because it was blackberry's newest flag ship and I really wanted a keyboard back - even it if was a little redheaded.

I'll let the honesty continue... after a day it was tolerable, a few days it was easy, five days second nature, and now after about 10 days it's efficient.

I made not have the effortless (was ever you want to subject that term) text entry I dreamed of, but it is fast and very, very accurate.

One of my biggest gripes with blackberry's touch keyboards was the morality of the predictive text changing my slang words around. Drove^me^nuts.... I also didn't like how the touch screen would even change my perfectly tapped, perfectly logical, and grammatically correction words for other words I absolutely did not want to use.

Love to live, nearly any kind of interrogative pronoun seemed perfectly interchangeable to blackberry.

So... I get the slang without the judgy corrections and less back spacing.

'makes a HUGE difference.

Love it now. Wouldn't change it really.

Learn the little tricks. It's worth the time and acquiescence.

Passport || Fido
    10-07-14 09:08 PM
    There's just no pleasing some people. I don't much care for typing on glass. It's so disassociative and disconnected, in my opinion.

Waiting patiently for a Rogers Wireless store to finally receive stock of the Passport. In the meantime I'll bide my time with the Z10 I've had for the last 20 months.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    10-07-14 09:56 PM
    Nobody ever said it was a device for power users - it's for users who need the width for documents and medical images.

It's a complete reinvention of the keyboard both physical and virtual, kinda obvious it would require getting used to as opposed to saying it's a big screw up.

Though the op is allowed his opinion - mine is that you're just not the type that can adapt, that's fine, carry on.

So far the Passport has been generating lots of buzz, getting positive coverage in the Canadian media, and selling out. Seems like BlackBerry will be just fine.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    10-07-14 10:24 PM
    As has been said before the Passport just isn't for everyone, but not for the reasons you may think.

Not the size, or the shape, or the keyboard,.. humans have dealt with many more wildly different interfaces in their existence.

The reason it's not for everyone is because some people are not open to change, don't have the patience and willingness to learn something unfamiliar, something that's a little more complex, but which, once mastered, is very flexible and quite efficient. If you're honestly offended when presented with something that challenges what you thought you knew,.. then this is not for you.

And that's OK,.. the classic is coming out soon enough for those folk. Tell me which other company is catering to (literally) both extremes of their user base, instead of forcing everyone to adopt one device (in various sizes)? No one,.. kudos to BlackBerry for both pushing the envelope and getting back to basics, all while facing a daunting corporate outlook and a legion of popular naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Talking about marriage, the passport is the product of the marriage between Q10 (square qwerty) and Z30 ( 5inch touch) and that's like marrying a bulldog with a terrier, and guess what u get, a pit bull, not for everyone but a darn great keep.

On the other hand the iPhone 6 plus is the marriage between the Sony Z ultra (a beautiful phone, with some faults), and an iPhone 5s ( an iphone), and that is like marrying a bulldog with a sheetzu, and guess what u get, bullsheet, everyone got it but no one needs to keep it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:36 PM
    I have would just like to chime in and say that I was like you too, for the first 1 hr with the phone (keyboard wise). There is a learning curve with the keyboard, and also different muscle movements for this keyboard, as opposed to the 9900. It is a cramped keyboard, but I love it now, I've had it since September 27th and have not had any complaints or regrets of getting the phone now.

I know can type this whole message without having to fix fix much.

I have been trying to practice the predictive swiping, but it is still not my second nature. Even on the Z30 and Z10 I didn't use that feature much though!

All in all, I'd give it minimum 48 hrs with the phone and with a lot of usage! It's hard to put the thing down, so shouldn't be very hard.

Passport, it's the optimal viewing experience.
    jojo beaconsfield and Sorg644 like this.
    10-07-14 11:53 PM
    Anyway, where is the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-08-14 12:27 AM
    Yep, I can type like a champ on mine!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-08-14 12:31 AM
    Actually Blackberry can easily solve this problem with the Passport for touch keyboard fans. This all can be done using software. Just program the touch sensitive keys to sense touch typing. Virtual keys without pressing, just by touch. Let the user choose it as an option.
    That is actually a Brilliant idea !
    10-08-14 05:29 AM
    [WARN]Please keep it civil. Debate the topic without getting personal![/WARN]
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-08-14 07:10 AM
    That is actually a Brilliant idea !
    I made that suggestion a few days ago. Are you saying I'm brilliant? Lol

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-14 07:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Took me 10 seconds to get to grips with it. Fire emails out all day long with no issues, single handed use no issues.

My wife who isn't tech savy took 2mins before she was hammering the keyboard out.

Depends how quick you are at learning things.

Oh and the passport is the best phone I've ever used.
    Can't live with out it. And can't believe it was released any earlier!!!!

Thanks BlackBerry for a awesome phone!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    retomex likes this.
    10-08-14 07:53 AM
94 123 ...