01-10-15 01:39 AM
409 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Dellusional Blackberry, A company that doesn't learn from mistakes is sure to go down. I was so looking forward to it but the pricing puts a dampener. Let us see what was the launching price of previous bb phone and what are they selling at currently roughly 1 year later.
    Phone Launch Price Current price
    z10 42k 20k
    q10 44k 19k
    q5 26k 13k
    z30 39k 29k
    Passport 50k ??

What are you thinking bb. I am not sure but is the target selling 500 phones . really it's pathetic from bb
    First are you quoting retail or subsidized pricing?!!??

Second this is targeted to Corporate users whom will upgrade eon contract with their business dealer via their provider. I'm at a loss why you think the End Consumer user is paying for this and stating what is BlackBerry thinking.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-09-14 11:06 PM
    Enjoy... you will be in a very select crowd...

Sold out world wide with huge backorder...

Passport is super gorgeous and amazing both as a professional phone and for consumer uses...

Super addictive!

Posted via CB10
    Do you work at Blackberry that you say huge backlog? Perhaps you should moderate the use of such big adjectives because if you use "Huge" to describe a mere 200K units, what adjective would you use for the Iphone 6 that just past 20 million units?
    10-10-14 12:59 AM
    Because the passport is targeted for the average consumer... this is priced for businessmen who theoretically speaking where money isn't an issue. not for people who complain for 800$
    10-10-14 02:22 AM
    available in my city for Rs.47500/-
    10-11-14 01:12 AM
    available in my city for Rs.47500/-
    which city in india and which store? please tell me
    10-11-14 01:49 AM
    Do you work at Blackberry that you say huge backlog? Perhaps you should moderate the use of such big adjectives because if you use "Huge" to describe a mere 200K units, what adjective would you use for the Iphone 6 that just past 20 million units?
    200k is how many they sold, not how many are back ordered.

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    10-11-14 02:24 AM
    Jealous..! no way.

But I was once like that. Bought iPhone 3g specially from japan(was posted for a brief duration). And 3 months later prices reduced in India. Did same for iPhone 4. But once all said and done it's the money u have earned with your sweat and blood. So why waste. As for BlackBerry, they won't do business if they are in loss. Imagine if no one protests about the prices, next time they will raise the bar. It's a corporate world.

If you see the word fan boy it's made of two words Fan- know the meaning, and boy- it's for men (or women) with means, who behave same way as boys when they fall in love for the first time, can do anything and go to any length for getting what they desire, blinded by the lust of one thing. . .

Posted via CB10
    If you really want to break "fanboy" down into its root words to define it, it would just mean "a boy that is fanatic"

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    10-11-14 02:27 AM
    which city in india and which store? please tell me
    Rajkot,Gujarat
    10-11-14 03:51 AM
    Rajkot,Gujarat
    Ya.. do tell..

Half the Blackberry sellers don't know what it is..
    10-11-14 05:03 AM
    Rajkot,Gujarat
    I checked few stores in hyderabad and they are saying they have not heard the blackberry passport. Very sad

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:01 AM
    After having the Passport for two weeks I marvel at those complaining about the price. This is no average piece of technology, it is game changing and such an absolute delight to use on a daily basis. Just so you all know, in the US there are sites that are selling the Passport for 200 dollars over list price and even they are all sold out. The Passport is less than an iPhone and still complaints?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:46 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:51 AM
    After having the Passport for two weeks I marvel at those complaining about the price. This is no average piece of technology, it is game changing and such an absolute delight to use on a daily basis. Just so you all know, in the US there are sites that are selling the Passport for 200 dollars over list price and even they are all sold out. The Passport is less than an iPhone and still complaints?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Think it's pretty clear that the Doom Divas have got it wrong about the Passport, India, UK, et al. Reuters pointed out there are about 50 million BBerry legacy owners still active in the world. Which means, the physical keyboard is still a popular idea. A high profile film director I met with recently had a legacy unit and an iPhone. He held up the BBerry and said: "This is for getting **** done," Then the iPhone: "And this is for ****."
    coyotejim likes this.
    10-11-14 11:11 AM
    If you can't afford it then you are not the market that BlackBerry is trying to reach with the Passport!

We can't all drive Ferraris and Bentleys, but those of us that can, do so because of the prestige associated with the brand.

Posted via CB10
    grevan88, dgreatez and JG_Agustin like this.
    10-11-14 11:33 AM
    Looks like it has hit some stores in Bombay already!

Did any one receive their Amazon order yet?
    Last edited by BBFanIndia; 10-11-14 at 01:21 PM.
    10-11-14 01:02 PM

Not yet. Waiting for it. Hits one store in Pune too. Exclusive.
    10-11-14 02:23 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    [OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-fullsizerender-1-.jpg
    [OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-fullsizerender-3-.jpg

Enjoy India!

If world wide demand so far is any indication, the initial Passport shipment from Blackberry to India for the India Launch will sell out very fast!

There is one month backlog in north America already...

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and JG_Agustin like this.
    10-11-14 08:56 PM
    Not yet. Waiting for it. Hits one store in Pune too. Exclusive.
    Over here it looks like hit it has reached some of the smaller stores too.
    10-11-14 08:57 PM
    Amazon has started shipping off devices already. Many got the mail, i called the customer care and they said even mine was dispacted.
    10-11-14 11:02 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Wow! Fantastic news there then... Blackberry under CEO Chen has this company really headed for a bright future....

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:13 PM
    hard to hear but I think it's true that Blackberry Passport market are for corporates and people with a lot cash to burn
    10-11-14 11:17 PM

I prebooked on Amazon on 29-Sep by paying INR 50k upfront, was told to expect the delivery on 11-Oct...

Now 15 days later, someone I know is already flaunting his BlackBerry Passport bought today morning from a local shop while Amazon screws up mine far away in B'lore...

That's how they treat their loyal customers...
    [OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-img_20141012_083745.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:23 PM
    I checked few stores in hyderabad and they are saying they have not heard the blackberry passport. Very sad

Posted via CB10
    My opinion is that a BlackBerry buyer does not need a physical store.
    I'm sure this is one of the profile characteristic of a BlackBerry buyer. A BlackBerry buyer can find his BlackBerry even if it ain't in a store.
    We all experienced this with our purchases of th Q and Z series phones. At least in India. Without display pieces in stores.
    Atleast for me it was a leap of faith, to buy a product without even seeing/feeling it in the flesh. Now a happy and proud BlackBerry fan and q5 user.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-12-14 12:45 AM
    That's bad! Well at least you'll get the Rs. 5 K gift card and 5,000 JP Miles.

Amazon often delivers the products prior to their promised delivery date so hopefully you'll get it before the 16th!

I prebooked on Amazon on 29-Sep by paying INR 50k upfront, was told to expect the delivery on 11-Oct...

Now 15 days later, someone I know is already flaunting his BlackBerry Passport bought today morning from a local shop while Amazon screws up mine far away in B'lore...

That's how they treat their loyal customers...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141012_083745.png 
Views:	1748 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	305311

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:00 AM
    My opinion is that a BlackBerry buyer does not need a physical store.
    I'm sure this is one of the profile characteristic of a BlackBerry buyer. A BlackBerry buyer can find his BlackBerry even if it ain't in a store.
    We all experienced this with our purchases of th Q and Z series phones. At least in India. Without display pieces in stores.
    Atleast for me it was a leap of faith, to buy a product without even seeing/feeling it in the flesh. Now a happy and proud BlackBerry fan and q5 user.

Q5SQR100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I bought my Q10 on the day of release in same stores which I enquired now they are not even saying will that be available or not

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:45 AM
409 ... 910111213 ...