This thread is the typical "I cant afford it, hence start ranting" kind.
    There are many of that category.

Indians, I know many who would not even bat an eyelid to buy a device if it looks good, performs well and is good to hold and show off.
    Thousands of Apple fans buy grey market (kinda smuggled in) iPhones within hours of global launch for ridiculous prices of 2000 usd and above. And none has complaints there when it is 'officially' launched on a price above the moon.

Similarly, I know of a great fan following on BlackBerry devices too here. Many bought the passport already by paying a premium. And there are thousands of devices waiting to be grabbed away on a super ASAP terms.

So nay sayers should just go and get their cheap iPhones or better get a Q5.

LOL
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    10-03-14 10:08 PM
    You seem jealous or upset about it...

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    Jealous..! no way.

But I was once like that. Bought iPhone 3g specially from japan(was posted for a brief duration). And 3 months later prices reduced in India. Did same for iPhone 4. But once all said and done it's the money u have earned with your sweat and blood. So why waste. As for BlackBerry, they won't do business if they are in loss. Imagine if no one protests about the prices, next time they will raise the bar. It's a corporate world.

If you see the word fan boy it's made of two words Fan- know the meaning, and boy- it's for men (or women) with means, who behave same way as boys when they fall in love for the first time, can do anything and go to any length for getting what they desire, blinded by the lust of one thing. . .

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:24 PM
    I pre-Booked mine in Mumbai at Blackberry store after paying 5k INR.

I was long time user of BB and particularly STORM 2. Though not a success but I loved it for uniqueness. Later was with Apple. Now it's my home coming back to Blackberry. Had zeroed down on Z30, as Apple no good for business user. Somehow the technical person from BB at the store available at that day gave me demo passport handset to play around for a while and I loved the business usage, particularly the attachments sorting from emails and reading docs / excel. Waiting for 10th October now.
    10-03-14 11:29 PM
    I guess the prices will fall, deals will come, exchange offers will pour, and this thread will go back in rent a thousand ranks...as they launch iPhone in India.
    All strategically planned..

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:31 PM
    And to add to the agony, discount on shopblackberry.com too...people reporting huge 25% discount and getting theirs at USD 449. Seriously considering cancelling my preorder on amazon India for now and wait for a month or so...

Posted via CB10
    Can't see discount. I see $699 price discounted to $599.
    Where have you seen additional 25% discount?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:32 AM
    There is a brighter side to this expensive Blackberry Passport story with a slight twist! I was waiting for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus (128 GB) which are approximately hoover around anywhere between Rs 65,000/USD 1100 (entry level) - Rs 1, 25, 000 (top end model at $2200+) now I don't find Blackberry Passport that expensive at all!
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-04-14 09:35 AM
    Can't see discount. I see $699 price discounted to $599.
    Where have you seen additional 25% discount?
    It was there yesterday for a couple of hours. Dropped the price to $450.
    10-04-14 09:56 AM
    It was there yesterday for a couple of hours. Dropped the price to $450.
    Huh, damn good price!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:19 AM
    You seem jealous or upset about it...

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    LOL...

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:50 AM
    Not to belabor the point, but, from a numbers point of view and looking at the success of the phone as a source of revenue for BlackBerry (from "Did BlackBerry Just Get Back to Being Aspirational?" by Nimish Dubey on techpp):

"The odd shape does a bit more than attract attention – it also makes many people more tolerant of its price. Barely a few of those who asked about the device complained about its Rs 49,999 price tag (something which we expected, really – even the media complained about the pricing at its launch). A 25-something waiter who served us at a cafe asked about the device, and when told about the price, nodded and said “Itna to lagega. Computer hai!” (“It will cost that much. After all, it is a computer.”)"
    BlackistheBerry and gvs1341 like this.
    10-05-14 03:51 AM
    So after saying it's priced too high - I myself caved in and pre-ordered it on amazon.in (getting it delivered to a friend's place - as they don't deliver it in the most populated state of India - go figure)

Now if they do drop the price anytime before feb/March - I'll definitely be heartbroken. Till then - BlackBerry FTW! Can't wait to get my hands on the passport #TeamBlackberry

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    10-08-14 03:21 PM
    Is it there yet....??
    Did any one get dispatch information ?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:11 PM
    This has been discussed many time in the past. Blackberry have no control over the Indian tax that gets added to the retail tag after it lands in store. This is not effecting just Blackberry but Samsung have plead their case about this too. This is why electronics in India are more expensive then else where in the world. Tell your frustration to the Indian government.
    10-08-14 05:40 PM
    Is it there yet....??
    Did any one get dispatch information ?

Posted via CB10
    Will be dispatched on the 11th - delivery before the 13th. (most probably delivery on the 11th)

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:58 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Enjoy... you will be in a very select crowd...

Sold out world wide with huge backorder...

Passport is super gorgeous and amazing both as a professional phone and for consumer uses...

Super addictive!

[OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-fullsizerender-3-.jpg
    [OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-09-14 02:27 AM
    I must admit tho the world over has gadget nerds and early adopters to the BlackBerry brand and will always upgrade like me! I'm thankful I'm in a country where the $$$ is not too out of the ball park.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 02:42 AM
    Amazon india postponed date of availability from 10th October to 13th October..

Are they waiting for iPhone 6 launch ??

🐴
    10-09-14 02:23 PM
    I agree - I expected this to come up even if it was 35-40k, but then I would be the one supporting it (even if u thought it was expensive) the 40k is the magic barrier in India - anything under that is good, anything over that is well. Never mind. And I agree with your point - the rant will go on (I got it out of my system, but then a lot of non-blackberry users will be starting soon)

Posted via CB10
    This magic barrier is man made. These so called barriers are proven to be BS all the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:09 PM
    This magic barrier is man made. These so called barriers are proven to be BS all the time.

Posted via CB10
    Well - behavioural economics begs to differ. They're man made alright.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:07 PM
    It will sell to those that do business and want to get things done. That's the whole market for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:13 PM
    Well - behavioural economics begs to differ. They're man made alright.

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain the factors? You dropped any point or argument at that point. " anything under that is good," is not a true or accurate statement. Try a different word than "good".

Usually, this is incorrect anecdotal/choice, not based on any actual factor. For example, in North America, people keep talking about this magic barrier of $0.5/GB for some SSD adoption vs mechanical drives, and its not based on any rational explanation. But people keep repeating it.
    10-09-14 05:34 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Chinmay007: I suspect it has everything to do with product shipment / availability.

Passport is in huge demand with several hundred thousand on backorder. Almost impossible to buy one as out of stock everywhere...

For good reason, the Passport is truly innovative, amazing and sexy phone.... it does not disappoint.

[OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-fullsizerender-3-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:09 PM
    BlackBerry has been always projecting bb devices as business devices. Serious and business leaders are dedicated & committed users. More important, it is the best platform for messaging and provides "Forever " option for syncing email accounts. No other platform is capable of. Thus, we feel as if carrying laptop in our pocket. Search in email is so quick, any thing you search, get results so quick. Typing experience is another big reason to stay back.

Prithvi thru CB 10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-09-14 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry has been always projecting bb devices as business devices. Serious and business leaders are dedicated & committed users. More important, it is the best platform for messaging and provides "Forever " option for syncing email accounts. No other platform is capable of. Thus, we feel as if carrying laptop in our pocket. Search in email is so quick, any thing you search, get results so quick. Typing experience is another big reason to stay back.

Prithvi thru CB 10
    .... And the Passport takes all that to a totally different level!!!
    There have been times when I have found myself sitting if front of two laptops, preferring to get the work done on the phone!

Wait till you get your hands on one!
    10-09-14 08:37 PM
    More important, it is the best platform for messaging and provides "Forever " option for syncing email accounts. No other platform is capable of.
    Have you not used Android before?

Sync: All = Sync Forever

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails [OPINION] Passport won't sell in india sorry-new-gmail-sync-screen-2.png  
    10-09-14 10:39 PM
409 ... 89101112 ...