LOL. I think it is time that India would dump the BlackBerry. 50K for android phone gives them pure native experience but our passport which is unique can't offer that coz of app gap.

Amazon is ok ok.

I had plans to buy it at first place. Will wait for a quarter for it to come in 35k range.

People are hardly gonna buy it after Z10 fiasco.

BlackBerry why can't you take a hit at first rather than a big inventory write down later.

And India doesn't have that big tax of $230 on a base price of $700.

Its insane cost and profit that they are in dreams of.

I guess it's good to assume Z10 and Z3 were the only devices that sold in good numbers.

God bless these idiots.

Posted via CB10
    Was waiting for this thread...

But was expecting you to be the one to start it lol

Just as Bla1ze said, it seems blackberry just can't please india

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, moody, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-29-14 08:42 AM
    What I am saying is that when the prices were announced, there were similar threads from around the world saying how the pricing strategy employed by blackberry was out of touch with reality.

It was released in India today and let us moan about it in peace, since its our turn to do it now.

Thank you
    09-29-14 08:43 AM
    No I m a student that's why I'm concerned about the price, as a early adopter of Z10 I pay $700 and it's selling at $250 now

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:49 AM
    I was expecting it to be around 40-42 k...
    49K is too much.

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    09-29-14 08:50 AM
    Yes, JC cannot. He needs to understand that Indian market is quite price sensitive and this price is totally outrageous.

I have been a BlackBerry lover for a long time but these pricing strategies makes me feel sick!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:53 AM
    Kind of ironic that the U.S., which is a huge reason why BlackBerry declined, is the one country that got a great price on the Passport

Posted via CB10
    More like kind of strategic and they've got a perfect reason for that with the AT&T angle
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-29-14 08:57 AM
    Yes, JC cannot. He needs to understand that Indian market is quite price sensitive and this price is totally outrageous.

I have been a BlackBerry lover for a long time but these pricing strategies makes me feel sick!
    Buy what you can afford. The price in India is comparative to the Canadian price without subsidy.
    Or better yet, go and buy an iPhone 6 because that price may be justifiable to you.
    bungaboy and gvs1341 like this.
    09-29-14 09:09 AM
    No I m a student that's why I'm concerned about the price, as a early adopter of Z10 I pay $700 and it's selling at $250 now

Posted via CB10
    Why would a student want to buy something that they can't afford right now?
    gvs1341 likes this.
    09-29-14 09:12 AM
    Being productive, by definition, means it excludes those folks who have enough time to come here to whine about the pricing.[/QUOTE]

Well said sir! Well said!

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    gvs1341 likes this.
    09-29-14 09:15 AM
    You guys sure it's 50? My dealer went to the company kickoff last week. They were told 45, negotiable down to 40 last.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    You bet :P don't worry about it and. We Indians talk and ram a lot about the prices. And it is kind of a fact that we get mopeds and phones at the same price here. Hilarious right? And other flagship phones are way costlier. Indian market was expecting a less price for Passport because the blackberry as a company for mobile industry is in loss. But if blackberry doesn't stay premium. I don't see the originality there. . Love premium. Love blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-14 09:19 AM
    You guys sure it's 50? My dealer went to the company kickoff last week. They were told 45, negotiable down to 40 last.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you stay buddy? Whose selling? I'll to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:19 AM
    WTF! It's too expensive.. Don't worry, just wait for 9-10 months and this will be available for 20,000 INR

This phone is targeted at enterprise/business/professional users who WORK extensively on mobile . (Yeah...nobody says that consumers shouldn't buy)

You may wait 1 year if you think this device is gonna come down to 20k INR. Good luck! By then Passport owners would have started moving to the next generation BlackBerry devices. Technology moves too fast these days bro
    Last edited by johndsilva-bbpp; 09-29-14 at 09:45 AM.
    Tech_Fan_Boy likes this.
    09-29-14 09:29 AM

Passport is the first bb10 device that actually deserves the bigger price tag. This device won't drop in price like the Z10 or even Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-29-14 09:33 AM
    They could sell it for free and there'd still be this thread...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:36 AM
    So, the fact that they sold 200k units in a matter of hours on launch last week doesn't lead you to think there's some demand for something different?
    Let's just get this out there right now. The INITIAL sales of the phone were OK because all of the BlackBerry fans that have been following this device and have wanted it since day one bought it as soon as it was available. Anybody can see that. Now let's see how many BlackBerry sells when the BlackBerry physical keyboard diehards all have them. This is a niche device and selling 200,000 is nothing. I am a BlackBerry fan. But I'm not a Passport fan so I am looking at this without bias. This device is expensive and like I said, is a niche device. Once all the pent-up demand has been met, this phone will stop selling. Just my opinion.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-29-14 09:43 AM
    They could sell it for free and there'd still be this thread...

Posted via CB10
    That is a really actually funny :P

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol but seriously its not a good price. My friends are so keen to buy it but now not coz of price. I guess they should let market try it at low price and then going forward ask for these prices.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:44 AM
    Passport is the first bb10 device that actually deserves the bigger price tag. This device won't drop in price like the Z10 or even Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Really? You don't believe that do you?
    Let's just get this out there right now. The INITIAL sales of the phone were OK because all of the BlackBerry fans that have been following this device and have wanted it since day one bought it as soon as it was available. Anybody can see that. Now let's see how many BlackBerry sells when the BlackBerry physical keyboard diehards all have them. This is a niche device and selling 200,000 is nothing. I am a BlackBerry fan. But I'm not a Passport fan so I am looking at this without bias. This device is expensive and like I said, is a niche device. Once all the pent-up demand has been met, this phone will stop selling. Just my opinion.
    It will continue selling. This isn't a Z30 where nobody knew of its existence.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    bungaboy likes this.
    It will continue selling. This isn't a Z30 where nobody knew of its existence.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    BlackBerry didn't promote the Z30. That was their fault. There were still tech sites that reviewed it and wrote about it so yeah, it was out there. Even without BlackBerry promoting it, the Z30 is well liked and probably sold more than the Passport will.
    09-29-14 09:52 AM
    Is the price really equal to $835 US? If so, good luck BlackBerry. You are going to need it. That's crazy. I thought $599 was a little high myself.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-29-14 10:03 AM
    Where do you stay buddy? Whose selling? I'll to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    Bombay at the moment. Let me check with the dealer if it's an open price or something special for me. He's a childhood friend, I've bought phones on release day for years now.

If its for everyone, I'll post his details here you can call him your self.

I mean, 2 days ago the company told the dealers 40, I'm surprised it's 50 today. Doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:05 AM
    Bombay at the moment. Let me check with the dealer if it's an open price or something special for me. He's a childhood friend, I've bought phones on release day for years now.

If its for everyone, I'll post his details here you can call him your self.

I mean, 2 days ago the company told the dealers 40, I'm surprised it's 50 today. Doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    Please do check. I stay in Pune. Ill take a quick drive and buy 2 right off. Good business for your friend and good day to me .
    09-29-14 10:12 AM
    So, the fact that they sold 200k units in a matter of hours on launch last week doesn't lead you to think there's some demand for something different?
    These threads always crack me up. "Does BlackBerry think the Passport will save them?" "Passport won't sell at this price!" It's like people don't realize market manipulation. Do they really think BB has flooded India with 10 billion Passports and is hoping to sell them at Rs. 50k a pop? Sell out notwithstanding, they stocked the US with 200,000 for an initial run...a market that arguably picks user experience over specs, do people really think BB geared up for a Z10 rerun with the Passport? Somebody in the CB blog comments pointed out that for this much money, you could buy a four-stroke motorcycle in India. Well, if it's coming down to choosing between a four-stroke motorcycle and a cell phone, maybe you are not in the target audience for this phone.
    SteelGreek, lift, moody and 4 others like this.
    09-29-14 10:28 AM
409 ... 23456 ...