And how well is the Nokia Lumia Flagship doing versus iPhone and Galaxy?
    i can tell you it didn't hurt over time it helped them grow the lumia brand had it been priced the same as a galaxy or iPhone it would have gone the route of the now fire phone, and every other android phone priced out of its range just because its a smartphone doesn't mean its worth 700.00 even samsung started low then moved up to high end , BB is basically starting over they are not on top leading the way when it comes to prices and software and hardware. I am a big BB fan and plan on getting this but i also want to be real here if they want back in it should not be priced like we are in 2006 when they were still on top.
    08-04-14 04:15 PM
    Man a lot of broke people on crackberry rotfl!!

I thought we were all prosumers :-p

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Kimberella likes this.
    08-04-14 10:47 PM
    I hope they price it at just break even and come out with good accessories along with it where profit can be made.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:03 PM
    Chen should just price it according to the market. Nothing more, nothing less. If he prices it below the iPhone6, it runs the risk of coming off as a lower offering. It's not. Price it for what it is. The best business device in 2014.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Vorkosigan and Kimberella like this.
    08-04-14 11:30 PM
    Isn't the i6 device spec'd to have a dual-core 2ghz processor? That doesn't even match the Fire Phone...which sells for $699 btw and is marketed to children .
    I think the price is reasonable for what it offers and adds heft to BlackBerry's "Prosumer" brand.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:52 PM
    Man a lot of broke people on crackberry rotfl!!

I thought we were all prosumers :-p

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. Do you have some cheese to go with all of that whine?

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    08-04-14 11:56 PM
    "marketing" what marketing? you state that this is unique and being marketed pretty well for a BB, i have seen no marketing what so ever just forums and bits and pieces of leaked photos and BB leaks showing folks handling it thats not marketing. I think the device will do great if priced correctly it should not be priced like its established like the galaxy or iPhones only because its new and has not and we do not know whats stable here as far as software to throw in we have android apps is also not great BB needs to focus on their OS and it shouldn't be about side loading just my opinion. I will get one when it comes out i just hope its not jank when it comes to software as BB makes great devices. And not all android apps work well with the current BB OS.
    You're confusing "marketing" with "ad campaign". The official announcement of the Passport, interviews and blog posts on the Inside BlackBerry Blog are all marketing activities.
    08-05-14 01:38 AM
    Chen should just price it according to the market. Nothing more, nothing less. If he prices it below the iPhone6, it runs the risk of coming off as a lower offering. It's not. Price it for what it is. The best business device in 2014.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Back to the future?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-05-14 03:17 AM
    Numbers don't lie. Blackberry keeps in decline. Problem is they're using the same strategy as back in 2000 when they were on top. Not anymore. Right now they need the same strategy as amazon with the kindle tablets. Very competitive price would definitely attract a bunch of customers back. Marketing plays a huge roll too, but both price and marketing is the key to success.

08-05-14 05:34 PM
    I guess there will always be someone who thinks every BlackBerry phone should debut at $299.
    *le sigh*

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 06:30 PM
    You are recommending a iPhone 6 versus the Passport? You are doing a disservice to the people you actually convince.

Are people forgetting BB10 directly downloads and Installs Android Apps? And in most cases, Android Apps run better on BB10.

iOS's un-elegant and irritating home button, along with ZERO Innovation has killed the iPhone. But people are too entrenched by smart strategic marketing.

An iPhone will never have the ability to outdue a device running BB10. Never.

Posted on my Q5
    08-05-14 07:17 PM
    You are recommending a iPhone 6 versus the Passport? You are doing a disservice to the people you actually convince.

Are people forgetting BB10 directly downloads and Installs Android Apps? And in most cases, Android Apps run better on BB10.

iOS's un-elegant and irritating home button, along with ZERO Innovation has killed the iPhone. But people are too entrenched by smart strategic marketing.

An iPhone will never have the ability to outdue a device running BB10. Never.

Posted on my Q5
    I think you're totally right. But people don't see it that way. They want apps combine with an excellent marketing strategy. That's about it. Thats why iphones and galaxies succeed.

08-05-14 08:58 PM
    I guess there will always be someone who thinks every BlackBerry phone should debut at $299.
    Not even that. The prevailing mantra seems to be "free and unlimited ". One of the question I see in many Internet forums is "Can install android applications free?". The "free" is not related to " installation " in many cases.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Kimberella likes this.
    08-06-14 12:19 AM
    "...1. Passport is new, unique and is being marketed pretty well for a BlackBerry "

hmmmm the only marketing I've seen so far is here on CB, and the 'passport/inside BB' pages !
    08-25-14 12:41 AM
    Oh! Oh! I have an idea! They should price and market this for the 1%. If they plate it in gold and encrust it in diamonds they will have a winner. Blackberry should send a message. Up yours 99%, we are elite!

Great idea, no?
    Isn't that exactly what the Porsche Design Series is all about?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:16 PM
    Pricing will have nothing to do with it. It's what blackberry can do market the device properly and what it brings to the table....if they make commercials showing blend and the passport and what it can do....psshhh price will mean nothing........a person will.pay whatever price for something if it shows that's it's worthy of the price....passport has so.much potential versus the iPhone and Android devices...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:34 PM
141 ... 456