For those who already bought the BlackBerry Hard Shell, is it worth it or the pre-order Leather Flip Case is better?

For a $600 smartphone I would definitely buy something to protect it.
    10-28-14 11:31 PM
    The hard shell is awesome. I actually prefer to use the Passport with the hardshell rather than naked. It is more comfortable to use. Thin. Ingenious design. Protective but not overbearing. Still can see the beautiful stainless steel frame. It's a really solid case.

The leather flip case doesn't seem all that protective, and it relies on adhesive.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-28-14 11:34 PM
    The hard shell is awesome. I actually prefer to use the Passport with the hardshell rather than naked. It is more comfortable to use. Thin. Ingenious design. Protective but not overbearing. Still can see the beautiful stainless steel frame. It's a really solid case.

The leather flip case doesn't seem all that protective, and it relies on adhesive.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Out of topic, but is the Passport really that big and wide? I already ordered mine and ships Nov. 4. According to the video from Blackberry it's shape is based on a passport. Is Canada's passport that wide?
    10-28-14 11:42 PM
    Thanks. Out of topic, but is the Passport really that big and wide? I already ordered mine and ships Nov. 4. According to the video from Blackberry it's shape is based on a passport. Is Canada's passport that wide?
    You compare
    Opinion: Flip or Hard Shell-img_0178_edit.jpg

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-28-14 11:50 PM
    Forget the flip case. And go with the hard case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-14 11:56 PM
    The hard shell is awesome. Better than naked.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:14 AM
    I have the hard case, and I've pre-ordered the tan flip case. I really think I'll prefer the flip case when it comes in (the tan color is beautiful!).

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:32 AM
    I use the hard shell, lightweight and minimalistic.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:32 AM
    Does anyone know if blackberry is going to come out with an oem leather slip and oem holster for the passport?

Passport || Fido
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    10-29-14 01:36 AM
    I got the hard shell case just today.

I NEVER use cases on my phones, so that explains it.

It is awesome!! And somehow it makes typing easier, probably because its not overbearing.

Btw for those of you who got the hard case, is it hard to put the screen protector on?
    Im afraid of air bubbles lol
    10-29-14 02:03 AM
    A hard case is completely non obtrusive and work friendly ...
    but flip case is good protection and beautiful.. so it's all need based...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:22 AM
    Be a man, do you wear bullet proof vest everywhere you go? NO case. Ruins the aesthetic value of the passport. Use your body to dive under it when it's on its way down. Unless I snatch it and run muhahahahahaha

Jk, go hardshell, the flip cases imo look better but they seem to get in the way and become a hindrance after a little while.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-29-14 04:29 AM
    I'm also in confusion but leaning more towards the flip one as it looks more stylish, protect the screen better & easy to carry the phone in hand after wrapping with this

Posted by Indian Passport
    10-29-14 06:46 AM
    Agreed. Waste of money if u ask me. BlackBerry screwed us passport owners
    10-29-14 06:53 AM
    I have the leather flip and love it. Very stylish. The adhesive is excellent so far. When the case is open the phone is completely viewable except for the back. When I flip the cover to the back to type I think I actually have better control over the phone due to it being "thicker". The only thing I don't like so far is that the cover doesn't lay flat completely on its own, but other posts suggest that it eventually will once it loosens up.

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-29-14 06:57 AM
    I have the hardshell and love it. It really does make the Passport easier to hold. I'm not a fan of flip cases.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:58 AM
    I have both and both are excellent! Just a matter of what you feel like rockin'!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport 10.3
    10-29-14 07:06 AM
    Btw for those of you who got the hard case, is it hard to put the screen protector on?
    Im afraid of air bubbles lol
    It can be rather frustrating, if you ever happened to install such a screen protector before, it works much easier than doing it for the first time. Best place to apply it would be a rather dust free room, bathroom for example. Let your shower run hot for a minute or two to get humidity inside your bathroom up. Have a cleaning cloth, your Passport, the protector and something like a credit card ready.
    Before applying, place the protector on top of the screen to see how it fits your screen.
    Clean your screen, not a single dust particle should remain there!
    Remove roughly 1/3 of the film on the backside of the protector and start applying, assist with your credit card to keep air out.

Also have a look on youtube, there are countless videos about apllying such protectors! Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:44 AM
    The hard shell is great. The look and feel of the back of the hard shell case looks better than the back of the passport IMO.

I also purchased the flip case and as a previrus post I have made it into a hybrid As I am able to fit my passport with my hardcase on in my flip case. Looks good and since I travel quite a lot I like how it protects it.

I was told by a bell staff they ordered holsters and should be coming in a week or so. Once I find out or grab one I will post it. However Telus staff mentioned during launch he spoke with many of the blackberry folks and they stated no plans for the holster as they want to change the image of BB and not be known as a phone that is carried on a holster. I guess let's wait and see as I do miss and prefer a holster as easy to get to and. It use up pockets.
    10-29-14 08:09 AM
    Jelly cover does it for me. Lighter and better grip.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:13 AM
    I love the hard shell. Adds just enough texture to the device to make it really easy to keep a grip on while at the same time not blocking most of the steel industrial design that makes the phone stand out. As much as I like the look of the leather flip case the adhesive backing just worries me for long term durability. Plus it doesn't look like it would give much support or protection in the case of a drop.
    10-29-14 08:34 AM
    Leather flip is my choice as it leaves phone easily accessible but has auto shutoff feature. Also like it better than naked back.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:52 AM
    Neither for me, waiting for the OEM Pouch.
    10-29-14 09:58 AM
    It can be rather frustrating, if you ever happened to install such a screen protector before, it works much easier than doing it for the first time. Best place to apply it would be a rather dust free room, bathroom for example. Let your shower run hot for a minute or two to get humidity inside your bathroom up. Have a cleaning cloth, your Passport, the protector and something like a credit card ready.
    Before applying, place the protector on top of the screen to see how it fits your screen.
    Clean your screen, not a single dust particle should remain there!
    Remove roughly 1/3 of the film on the backside of the protector and start applying, assist with your credit card to keep air out.

Also have a look on youtube, there are countless videos about apllying such protectors! Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for the great tips!!

Ill post here to tell how I go haha!
    10-30-14 03:52 AM
    It looks good.
    Similar to what I have now on my Z10.
    The small front protrusions will help save the screen i Imagine. It will be great for the face down sleep/battery saving mode on the passport.
    10-30-14 07:29 AM