It's not even close.

1) Can customize the brightness (remove BB's auto-brightness throttling - screen looks around 20-25% brighter than PP Browser afterwards).
    2) Much quicker to load sites with less lag, and scrolling is a LOT smoother too.
    3) Sites load already zoomed out at an appropriate viewing angle, not partially zoomed in like with the PP Browser.
    4) There's a customizable side dock where you can place a ton of shortcuts (I'm using reload, home, new tab, settings).

Only negative is that the bottom bar normally used for typing/searching urls in the PP Browser still shows up with a back button and nothing else, (although you can disable this bar with another android app, "hide system bar" - although this app unfortunately temporarily disables the scrolling feature on the keyboard until you physically touch the screen to re-enable it. The back button still works, though).

Other minor snafu is that when adding sites to the favorites section of the homescreen, the spacebar doesn't work - but when looking for sites through the new tab option, it does.

Note: Make sure you load the tablet version of Baidu, the desktop version isn't as zippy. Easy enough to install using the Snap app.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-01-14 12:19 AM
    Glad you found a workaround for the auto-brightness issue.
    10-01-14 01:04 AM
    Cool thanks for tip

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-01-14 01:06 AM
    Hm. I disagree. For me, sites look much worse in Baidu and load slower as well. I don't have any issues with the default browser. It is snappy and loads sites extremely well.
    10-01-14 01:13 AM
    Hm. I disagree. For me, sites look much worse in Baidu and load slower as well. I don't have any issues with the default browser. It is snappy and loads sites extremely well.
    Are you using the tablet browser HD edition? And have you turned off autobrightness and maxed brightness on it? Also setting it to mobile or ipad mode instead of desktop speeds things up further. I'm still finding it to be much smoother overall than the stock browser - I was getting lag on that constantly when opening up sites in the background and switching back and forth between sites.
    10-01-14 01:41 AM