11-28-15 09:32 PM
32 12
tools
    While I am sure you think you are making the right decision to move to Android. Here is a real world answer to the idea.
    First as a business user with over 3500 employees that all have either a Classic or Passport I can tell you this is a non starter for us.
    One no matter what you say, the Android system cannot be made safe. First most apps from the Google store will data rape the phone. Now if your new phone stops this then the apps stop running, or do not load at all, so what would be the point. Two and this is most important. As a long term user I have watched one service after another go away. You now no longer support OS 10.0 or 10.1 as well as 10.2. So some new phones are going to be rendered obsolete before the warranty expires. The other most troubling is TEC supports push to get you off the phone, call the other company, look on the web site. Please send us an e mail so we can respond to you, I don't need a response a day latter, I need it when the problem happens. If you want to see how to run a customer support line, look no further than Apple. I call them not only are they concerned, but don't care where it was bought or from who, the only issue is: warranty status and water damage. I was interested in the new phone, until I called the help line for further info, poof look on line and buy the phone. Really buy a product your people cant even explain how it works.

In closing, it might be time to close shop, because it is becoming painfully clear the handset business is not what you want to be in.
    11-05-15 07:35 PM
    Ok there are so many of these threads around... I Too feel the pain but have moved on...
    11-05-15 07:39 PM
    Online is becoming the everything and gold mine for business. Teach kids today to use resources and force them to find their own answers is the future. Self service is the new reality everywhere.
    11-05-15 09:44 PM
    While I am sure you think you are making the right decision to move to Android. Here is a real world answer to the idea.
    First as a business user with over 3500 employees that all have either a Classic or Passport I can tell you this is a non starter for us.
    I don't think the move to android is a bad thing for you. I think it's to increase revenue and create enough volume to stay in the hand set business. I expect a single for factor that can be ordered with android or bb10, depending on your preference. If priv is successful, time will tell if I'm right. If not, we may never know.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    11-05-15 10:33 PM
    While I would think you might be right, the info coming in points to OS 10 being closed out. Many of the APPS that worked direct from BB are no longer being supported for OS 10.3. I have spoken to a few developers for large players and they full expect BB to go either all Android or not at all. Shame as we are now in BETA testing an I phone 6S plus.
    11-06-15 11:10 AM
    your right and my company will spend its cash on a viable company, not one that has no customer support and could care less.
    11-06-15 11:11 AM
    you would be right, but in dealing with apple it is night and day. Apple discovered long ago what separates them from other companies...........customer service.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:05 PM
    The core apps other than the browser are by BlackBerry from what I am seeing, and so should be safe I'd think. As for third party apps there are not a lot of native choices on BlackBerry 10 for a lot of popular apps. So you are either limited to use the Android versions within the Android RT or not at all. The same choices as using them on native Android.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    11-06-15 06:12 PM
    Apple may have great customer service, but they also have the OS with the most Security Breaches.
    11-06-15 06:14 PM
    No, the problem with the phone is simple. Adroid/Google apps data rape your phone, period. If you refuse they do not run. Now on the other hand, side load on BB10 and then use a APK modifier and poof a secure phone. Simple does work better and cheaper
    11-10-15 09:38 PM
    Wow, what a load of crap. First if you really read my rant you would see this is about phone security. Apple beats the droid hands down. Apple apps can be stopped via the OS from data mining. On droid, you cant use them. Very simple. The other and most simple is side load on BB10 then use a simple APK modifier. Not hard to do and it will secure your phone. No no phone, no sell out to a data raping company.
    11-10-15 09:41 PM
    This thread is just as silly as in my opinion as the one I posted the other day from others opinions.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:40 PM
    Why on Earth would you not update the handsets that are on 10.0 or 10.1 or 10.2? There's so much more that BB10.3 offers that was missing from 10.0-10.2. I get you're upset, but I struggle with the critique that BlackBerry has updated its OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-15 02:27 AM
    Why on Earth would you not update the handsets that are on 10.0 or 10.1 or 10.2? There's so much more that BB10.3 offers that was missing from 10.0-10.2. I get you're upset, but I struggle with the critique that BlackBerry has updated its OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    I would think that 10.3 has android runtime, which opens up the door for data mining.
    11-11-15 03:02 AM
    I would think that 10.3 has android runtime, which opens up the door for data mining.
    Our Android runtime live in a sandbox as far I know.
    Ie they don's t have access to your data!

And to not update to last OS is simply silly, if you don't want to update to get bug fixed, improved performance and new features...just give up!

And about Apple service blablabla...easier when you have a bigger stack of money that even the US country budget, what would you expect?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:48 AM
    Why arent you on 10.3?
    11-11-15 08:44 PM
    you would be right, but in dealing with apple it is night and day. Apple discovered long ago what separates them from other companies...........customer service.
    Yeah, great customer service. They once wanted me to pay 79 to replace the power chord of the MacBook Pro that I owned for a while, because the chord stopped working after a couple of weeks and they were passive-aggressive towards me saying how it was my fault and stuff so I had to pay up or 'get the **** out of the store'. I remained calm the whole time. I ended up paying anyway, but it's not great customer service. It wasn't my fault at all that the power chord broke, and even if it was, they could've at least talked to me in a normal way instead of getting so harsh just because I said "the power chord broke even though I recently bought this MacBook Pro".

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:12 AM
    Yeah, great customer service. They once wanted me to pay 79 to replace the power chord of the MacBook Pro that I owned for a while, because the chord stopped working after a couple of weeks and they were passive-aggressive towards me saying how it was my fault and stuff so I had to pay up or 'get the **** out of the store'. I remained calm the whole time. I ended up paying anyway, but it's not great customer service. It wasn't my fault at all that the power chord broke, and even if it was, they could've at least talked to me in a normal way instead of getting so harsh just because I said "the power chord broke even though I recently bought this MacBook Pro".

Posted via CB10
    You did learn the hard way sadly, how they made that chunk og money on people!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:09 AM
    In 10.3 I have android apps installed BUT you can set app permissions to disable data or run in the background.

It is secure because I monitored the phone over my wi-fi network and there is no data in the background to suspicious servers.

It is secure!

And if you enable device encryption even if they transfer any data in the background, everything is encrypted and no one can read the data.

Posted via CB10
    Machete Santa likes this.
    11-12-15 05:19 AM
    BB10 launched with Android runtime. In fact, the Passport had Android runtime.
    11-18-15 10:07 PM
    Sounds like the OP has either Apple envy or buyers remorse... either way... I do not see the point of the OP.... Just because you may think Apple customer service is so great... tell that to my employer who had 12 business phones that after an OS update could not longer make phone calls... took them a week to release a fix... told IT for 3 days it was our issue even though it was common knowledge on the net the day it happened.... The OP must be blesses as our IT usually gets an email response in a couple of days.,.. not the same.... With that many phones in OP company.. cannot understand why they do not have an MDM solution... very odd....

as for Android... it is all in the permissions.... if I do not like what an app wants access to I simply do not install it... I use a VPN so good luck in tracking me... Ditched google chrome so no issue there and use duck duck go for searches... so not sure what data they are mining and how useful it is to the almighty Google.....

In the end it is all a tempest in a teapot... Every ecosystem has holes...it is not in how many there are but in how you plug them....
    11-18-15 10:19 PM
    Hmm, it's probably time for the OP to 'close' this letter...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:29 PM
    Also, why is this in the Passport forum? There are other areas of CB where it would be more appropriate.

Posted from CB10
    11-18-15 10:52 PM
    Look at this guy. Look at how he thinks he knows everything. Ahhh, such people tire me.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    early2bed likes this.
    11-19-15 02:12 AM
    Android runtime was in 10.0 as well. it was just locked and not easy accessible. but it was and is there all the time.
    Last edited by yessuz; 11-19-15 at 05:56 AM.
    11-19-15 05:42 AM
32 12