Sadly my Passport got splashed (i do mean splashed not immersed) by sea water. For some reason the top and bottom row of letters on keyboard are now no longer working. The touch screen and all functions are OK. Do any of you nice people have ideas what can be done to rectify of is my BB dead?
    07-11-16 09:39 PM
    Toss it in rdry rice for a day or two and hope for the best. Other than that, you need to look at replacing the keyboard yourself or via a third-party and even then, if it got wet the issues might go beyond just the keyboard.
    07-11-16 09:46 PM
    Sadly my Passport got splashed (i do mean splashed not immersed) by sea water. For some reason the top and bottom row of letters on keyboard are now no longer working. The touch screen and all functions are OK. Do any of you nice people have ideas what can be done to rectify of is my BB dead?
    I am afraid that the salt will probably finish your device off. If the water is pure (pH of 7) then you have a good chance it will work again. If the pH is 8 or above (as is seawater) then your chances are less. It is still worth the effort to dry it out. Do NOT be tempted to turn the device on for at least 2 days (depending on your drying method, of course).
    07-11-16 09:57 PM