Has anyone tried doing an online course, successfully, using just the Passport? I'm about to sign up for an online course and will have to watch videos, listen to podcasts, and type up essays. Is this all doable on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 07:36 AM
    I would get some information on the requirements for the online content. Is there an app, is it all done via a browser... what are the requirements for that browser - is it an old course that require flash?

One online course can have different requirements from another....

Probably not going to know for sure until you try it.
    07-27-16 09:15 AM
    I've done courses using a Passport, not by itself though.

My courses are through the Angel portal. My Q10 and Passport have actually saved me because I've been in UK or UAE and was doing one of the quizzes or exams on my iPad, and Safari won't let you select some options on multiple choice questions. So if you want to select "A," the bubble just won't be filled in (this is on an iPad Pro, 9.7 and 12.9 inches, it's not like some old iPad). I was pretty angry because it wasn't just an inconvenience, it would have affected my grade.

But I logged in on my BlackBerry and though the time was still counting down on the quiz/exam, the BlackBerry 10 browser let me select the answer I wanted.

Ever since then, I've traveled with my Mac Book Pro for school.

Even on email though, I have to contact the teacher within the Angel portal, and Safari won't let me click on Compose... but my Passport does.

Posted via CB10
    otaku2 likes this.
    07-27-16 12:36 PM
    I am taking an online university course and I can log into the portal, participate in the discussion board, review grades and materials, and complete quizzes, the only thing I have not tried is the live seminar. Since everything else works fine, I am assuming the seminar portion should work fine as well. I will give it a try next week, but honestly, I would only use my passport for class if it were an emergency, the screen is to small for me to try and complete class work on.
    07-27-16 01:55 PM
    Interesting perspectives here so far. I anticipate having to type of essays and read up on websites for this class I will be taking. I'm very much used to reading and composing very long emails on my Passport, so I'm hoping that it won't be an issue. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out when the course starts in August!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:59 PM