I had mine two days ago, and was wondering about scratches on the lens too. I carry the phone naked and it doesn't touch the lens when the phone is on its back. It seems there's 1mm of extra space. It's difficult to see.

But I ordered a case from Amazon because I want to keep my phone as new as possible. I went for a 9€ case because here in France it's complicated to order the Leather Flex Case (out of order from CrackBerry and 40€ +20€ for shipping from BlackBerry Shop). I will receive a Lucrin leather pouch in few weeks, so it'll not be a concern anymore.
    interesting. could you share the link to one?
    11-12-15 04:21 PM
    Here's the link for the Amazon case :

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B016DSM...UvbUpU12073831

And here's the link for the Lucrin pouch :

https://www.lucrin.fr/etuis-mobile/e...ort-silver.htm

The Amazon case seems really low-cost but it's just for few weeks waiting for the leather case.
    11-12-15 04:27 PM
    I had the OP, then the AT&T, then the red one and finally the SE. Last friday I got the Priv just to see if it could replace the SE, but this morning I send it back and I kept the SE. It's premium look and the keyboard are insuperable.
    11-12-15 04:53 PM
    I had the OP, then the AT&T, then the red one and finally the SE. Last friday I got the Priv just to see if it could replace the SE, but this morning I send it back and I kept the SE. It's premium look and the keyboard are insuperable.
    Like all things, Premium is in the eye of the beholder. You have to consider that users who do not have Passport experience might like the Priv. One of my friends is seriously considering ditching his iPhone for the Priv without prior knowledge of the android or bb environment but is appealed by the unit in tested in store . So once again, what might not be right for you does not mean it's garbage.

From Canada with love

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    11-12-15 05:19 PM
    Like all things, Premium is in the eye of the beholder. You have to consider that users who do not have Passport experience might like the Priv. One of my friends is seriously considering ditching his iPhone for the Priv without prior knowledge of the android or bb environment but is appealed by the unit in tested in store . So once again, what might not be right for you does not mean it's garbage.

From Canada with love

As far as I can see, the gentleman above did not say it was garbage. Very strange guarded response that was!

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    11-12-15 05:23 PM
    As far as I can see, the gentleman above did not say it was garbage. Very strange guarded response that was!

Posted via CB10
    Well I exaggerated a bit. He disliked it more like it. Or it did not meet his expectations. Apologies for the harsh words. It doesn't change anything about the "premium feel" that every Passport OG or SE owner seems to worry about the Priv. It's all relative, isn't it?

11-12-15 05:27 PM

From Canada with love

I didn't say it was garbage. I think Priv is a very good phone, actually is excellent, but as a writer, I write a lot in my Passport and for me the keyboard is very important and the SE keyboard is insuperable. I also have the Classic and also think it is a great phone, but I would replace it for the Priv, but doesn't mean Classic is garbage.
    11-12-15 05:32 PM
    Actually that was one of main things:

Android Apps I use - most of them run perfectly.
    Keyboard is epic on passport
    Priv is even more expensive
    But most important - priv is not wide!

Almost finished setting my phone up from scratch! Happy!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:13 PM
    I have both the OG and the SE. Like everyone else the changes in the SE make it feel a bit nicer and the keyboard is definitely smoother.

I find that the SE feels larger than what it actually is from the OG. I find myself using the OG simply because it looks and feels thinner even though it isn't.
    I definitely prefer the feel and keyboard of the SE better.

Both are great devices!

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    11-12-15 07:08 PM
    Can someone compare the keyboards on the ATT and the SE? Do they have the same feel? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:07 AM
    I'm using an SE now. A bit of background:
    • Was on the iPhone 6+ for about 6 months until about a week ago. I still love my iPhone.
    • Before the iPhone 6+ I was using an OG Passport, until I dropped and destroyed the screen. That was a sad day.
    • Before the OG Passport I was on a Galaxy Nexus.

Thoughts:
    The SE is much heftier than the OG - it feels like you're holding something substantial, indestructible, and designed to last. It feels a lot like I'm holding a small nuclear-powered computer. It's more like a communicator, than a big phone. I personally prefer the SE over the OG because it has the feel of a solid Leica camera. Compared with the SE, the iPhone 6+ feels dainty and fragile.

The SE keyboard is a dream - I'm obsessed with it. It's cushion-y with just the right amount of feedback, and (after about a day) it is effortless to type on. If you mix in some swiping too (esp for short replies) you've got a really enjoyable, easy typing experience. The keyboard feels softer (in a good way) than the OG keyboard.

Out of all the devices out there (the Priv and OG included), I feel like the SE is one of the few that can rival the iPhone in build quality. The finish is positively SICK. I feel like this is the kind of device that I'd be happy to keep using as long as they keep updating the OS. It also doesn't hurt that I can now load Apple Music (via the Android apk), Audible, Slack, Wunderlist, Medium, Instagram, and Buffer on BB10 - along with all the standard apps, so I'm happy as a clam.
    cdnynot likes this.
    11-13-15 02:59 AM
    I had the black and the red original, and then I got the SE.

The Priv's keyboard, to me, didn't feel as good as the SE's. The SE is striking with its silver and black color combo. It feels a bit more premium than the original, but it's not like the original feels cheap in any way at all. It still felt high end as well.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    11-13-15 04:04 AM
    Can someone compare the keyboards on the ATT and the SE? Do they have the same feel? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I've owned all 3 Passports. Order of keyboards from best to worst is:

SE, AT&T, OG

AT&T was an improvement and was definitely softer, but the SE is on a different level in terms of effortless typing.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    anon(5986148) likes this.
    11-13-15 07:04 AM
    I've had my OG black for over a year now. I've never used a screen protector nor any case for it and it still looks and behaves exactly like it did when I first got it. No scratches, no screen lifting nor any other hardware issues. This thing was built to last. When the battery starts worsening, I'll probably be getting the SE - for its looks and the softer keyboard (although the OG's keyboard gets less stiff after some hefty use). Sadly, no other phone can match the Passport, so I'll stick to it as long as possible.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 01:01 PM
    I've owned all 3 Passports. Order of keyboards from best to worst is:

SE, AT&T, OG

AT&T was an improvement and was definitely softer, but the SE is on a different level in terms of effortless typing.

Thank you...been waiting to hear someone speak to this. Alas,i will have to get the att version, as it's only $99 on contract, whereas the se is...lots

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:14 PM
    Thank you...been waiting to hear someone speak to this. Alas,i will have to get the att version, as it's only $99 on contract, whereas the se is...lots

Posted via CB10
    AT&T comes with wireless charging which is nice as well. Look is subjective, but I think the AT&T is the ugliest of the bunch with all 4 corners rounded.
    11-13-15 02:48 PM
    When I first got the SE I didn't like how it looked compared to the OG black.

Something about the more sharper design and the metal band mixed with the back looked quite nice. But the SE has since grown on me and I think it looks better.

That and everyone who has seen it says it looks much nicer than their own OG passport loll.

I definitely now feel the SE is not only better functionally, but aesthetically as well.

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    11-13-15 04:41 PM
    Still yet to get my hands on the SE, but from the looks of it I might want to keep my OG for longer period.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 06:15 PM
    Thoughts:

The SE keyboard is a dream - I'm obsessed with it. It's cushion-y with just the right amount of feedback, and (after about a day) it is effortless to type on. If you mix in some swiping too (esp for short replies) you've got a really enjoyable, easy typing experience. The keyboard feels softer (in a good way) than the OG keyboard.
    Thank you for explaining why you loved the SE keyboard more than the OG Passport.
    All people say is the keyboard is better without explaining, I'm looking at both and see no differences, until now I see the difference!

Posted from my Passport... You've been BlackBerried!
    11-15-15 02:49 AM
    I have OG and my close friend is having SE.
    I tried and believe the SE is better.
    I just like the look of OG better - classic and business-look.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:02 AM
    hey yessuz,

I know amazon won't like me for this... had a similar situation with black friday last year. after a bit of negotiation over the phone with amazon customer service they agreed to give me the difference as a gift card to my account (to me that is equivalent to cash since I buy so much on amazon). I was within the return window of the phone when black friday sale hit so they came to realize it was a win-win for them and I: I don't have to setup the new phone and they don't have to deal with a returned device.

Funnily enough I went through exactly your situation 3 weeks ago. Amazon let me return my OG passport for full refund - a large portion of that went directly to purchasing the SE Very happy with my choice. Garnish it with a Stilgut bookcase type cover and enjoy
    11-15-15 06:24 AM
    SE is by far the best of them all

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:25 AM
    Have 'em both. SE is waaaay better and comfortable to use. That doesn't make OG less of a beauty and a beast in the same shell

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 12:16 PM
    I have both OG ad AT&T versions. The SE is similar to the AT&T which is what I prefer. I also have the priv. While it is a good device, having the hub not manage both Gmail and Good or BES12 work email is almost a killer for me. I just swapped back to the AT&T version. I find communication much better and that is my personal requirement. If I were a social media dependent person the priv would be good. I like wide and that is a serious feature over looked everywhere except in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-15-15 12:51 PM
    I have both OG ad AT&T versions. The SE is similar to the AT&T which is what I prefer. I also have the priv. While it is a good device, having the hub not manage both Gmail and Good or BES12 work email is almost a killer for me. I just swapped back to the AT&T version. I find communication much better and that is my personal requirement. If I were a social media dependent person the priv would be good. I like wide and that is a serious feature over looked everywhere except in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    It's funny because there was a whole debate about 6 months ago whether the "word wide" of the Passport was just a joke, all marketing, etc, etc.

There were pictures comparing how much text is displayed between iPhones, Galaxies, Passports, and more.

I will say this, even if there isn't that much more text displayed on the screen when you magnify to equal scaling between the devices, more characters per line is amazing.

I continually play with phones before I resell them, and honestly I would find it very hard at this point to go back to a normal widescreen device, and that's not even factoring in the physical keyboard, the better OS, or the other features the Passport brings to the table.

bigjman likes this.
    11-15-15 12:56 PM
56 123