My BlackBerry Passport was rebooting itself once every day and after trying everything from reloading os to wiping and atlast I took it to service centre here in INDIA.

I submitted the device on feb 9 and then it made a journey to main service centre and after a month long journey I got it back sat after repeated emails to BlackBerry and service centre and countless assurances about the service.

When I went to collect the REPAIRED phone I asked the guy about the problem and how it was rectified but he just said he doesnt know and I wont know what was repaired in phone.

I was told that my phone is waiting part from abroad and there is shortage of replacement parts so that is why it will take more time for the phone to be repaired and then atlast got it after ONE month.

On the very first day i.e saturday it rebooted again at night and then again on sunday and same today when I was told that it has been repaired and issue is resolved.

So now I dont know what can I do about it if I go again to service centre they will take another month for repair and Its not guaranteed that it will be repaired...

Can anyone suggest about anything that can be done about it..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243

Posted via my awesome Passport
    03-09-15 11:07 AM
    My BlackBerry Passport was rebooting itself once every day and after trying everything from reloading os to wiping and atlast I took it to service centre here in INDIA.

I submitted the device on feb 9 and then it made a journey to main service centre and after a month long journey I got it back sat after repeated emails to BlackBerry and service centre and countless assurances about the service.

When I went to collect the REPAIRED phone I asked the guy about the problem and how it was rectified but he just said he doesnt know and I wont know what was repaired in phone.

I was told that my phone is waiting part from abroad and there is shortage of replacement parts so that is why it will take more time for the phone to be repaired and then atlast got it after ONE month.

On the very first day i.e saturday it rebooted again at night and then again on sunday and same today when I was told that it has been repaired and issue is resolved.

So now I dont know what can I do about it if I go again to service centre they will take another month for repair and Its not guaranteed that it will be repaired...

Can anyone suggest about anything that can be done about it..

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243

This could be anything wrong with the device, from a loose battery to software induced reboots. I would start with a security wipe and autoloading a firmware fresh. Do not put your backup back onto the device but then shaking the device. Then slowly, not using a backup setup email and restore contacts separately. This way you can see where the issue is arising from.
    03-09-15 12:36 PM
    This could be anything wrong with the device, from a loose battery to software induced reboots. I would start with a security wipe and autoloading a firmware fresh. Do not put your backup back onto the device but then shaking the device. Then slowly, not using a backup setup email and restore contacts separately. This way you can see where the issue is arising from.
    I have already done before approaching service centre..

03-09-15 02:18 PM
    I have already done before approaching service centre..

Ask for a replacement!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:36 PM