I have written allot of posts about my experience with my BlackBerry devices here in the USA and I always tell folks to get what best fits their needs. I have watched most of my once BlackBerry dedicated clients switch to IOS and Android, but I have decided to stick with the brand regardless of what they are using.

Why! Because I fits MY needs and even when I came close to going over to the other side this week, I had sold my classic and my red passport and even made a little profit to switch over to my iPhone 6 and IOS 8.

Well, after just three days using the iPhone as my daily driver, I saw a used black passport come up for sale on Kijji Canada for a great price and with the US dollar being where it's at made it even a better deal. I met the person in Sarnia and they even knocked off 20 bucks to unlock it because it was locked to Telus.

I sent off for the unlock code and in the meantime I updated the device to 10.3.1 using the Blitz method and also did the flickering fix while I was at it. Sold my iPhone 6 and not looking back. Yeah I came close, but there is something about BlackBerry that keeps calling me back. Weird but true and I still proudly preach the brand wherever I go here.

Now my only concern is if I ever have a warranty issue I am hosed because of the ****y warranty policy that BlackBerry has. Oh well, I will worry about that issue if and when it ever happens. Anyways I am happy I didn't cross over to the other side and dam I love the look on folks faces when I pull out the passport and hear them say, what the hell is that! Enough said.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Wow... Seems like you're not quite sure yourself what best suits you. You got me confused because if I'm not mistaken, you've switched within a year's time from BB to iPhone to Passport to Classic to iPhone and back to a Passport again. What's next, Galaxy S6?

Posted from an LG device
    02-28-15 07:37 PM
    I love my new PP. Still getting used to being back with BlackBerry. I've been on an iPhone since I got rid of my old BlackBerry Pearl. As someone else mentioned, my old pearl was tough as nails and worked flawlessly without all the modern flash.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:51 PM
    I loved my 8900 and 9900 the most. I always thought that if my 9900 had a bigger screen, and a smoother OS, I could have been happy with it for the rest of my life.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:51 PM
    Wow... Seems like you're not quite sure yourself what best suits you. You got me confused because if I'm not mistaken, you've switched within a year's time from BB to iPhone to Passport to Classic to iPhone and back to a Passport again. What's next, Galaxy S6?

Posted from an LG device
    Yes, I am sure and it's BlackBerry OS10, I just end up selling some of my devices to friends and clients who like the device after playing with it. I am a tech junkie and I love to have the latest gadgets that come to the market. Just yesterday I picked up the new AT&T passport and sent for the unlock code so I can use it on T Mobile.

Being from the USA where the BlackBerry brand is all but vanished, it's becoming very hard to be a BlackBerry user when all of your client base has moved on to IOS and Android platforms. I have finally decided 100% to stay with BlackBerry because I have come to like OS10 and it's great features, as far as switching devices, that's in my blood and I won't change any time soon.

As far as your comment about maybe using the Galaxy S6, well, that may happen to because I also get devices every now and then to do a consumer product review on. As far as me moving to a different platform, not any time soon. Now I can't wait until the unlock code comes for the new AT&T passport so I can put it thru the paces and write my review on this great forum.

The one great thing that's happened for us BlackBerry users here in the USA is AT&T has brought the passport and classic to the consumer market here and I heard Verizon is also coming aboard. One day in the near future I'm hoping my carrier T Mobile will follow suit.

As least now I can tell my clients and friends who are seriously thinking about coming back to BlackBerry after seeing my passport and classic. Hey, go check the device out for yourself at AT&T or Verizon, something I haven't been able to say for a while here in the USA.

sesp9 likes this.
    03-01-15 05:04 AM
    Yes, I am sure and it's BlackBerry OS10, I just end up selling some of my devices to friends and clients who like the device after playing with it. I am a tech junkie and I love to have the latest gadgets that come to the market. Just yesterday I picked up the new AT&T passport and sent for the unlock code so I can use it on T Mobile.

Being from the USA where the BlackBerry brand is all but vanished, it's becoming very hard to be a BlackBerry user when all of your client base has moved on to IOS and Android platforms. I have finally decided 100% to stay with BlackBerry because I have come to like OS10 and it's great features, as far as switching devices, that's in my blood and I won't change any time soon.

As far as your comment about maybe using the Galaxy S6, well, that may happen to because I also get devices every now and then to do a consumer product review on. As far as me moving to a different platform, not any time soon. Now I can't wait until the unlock code comes for the new AT&T passport so I can put it thru the paces and write my review on this great forum.

The one great thing that's happened for us BlackBerry users here in the USA is AT&T has brought the passport and classic to the consumer market here and I heard Verizon is also coming aboard. One day in the near future I'm hoping my carrier T Mobile will follow suit.

As least now I can tell my clients and friends who are seriously thinking about coming back to BlackBerry after seeing my passport and classic. Hey, go check the device out for yourself at AT&T or Verizon, something I haven't been able to say for a while here in the USA.

Lol exactly how I am. There's nothing wrong with trying the other phones, I get almost every new flagship phone when it comes out. The important thing is that you always come back to BBY.
    03-01-15 07:39 AM
    Great post, blindpuppie. Well written and heartfelt comments.

The title was a little... misleading. I've tweaked that to reflect your message -- hope you're good with it.
    03-01-15 08:48 AM
    I have written allot of posts about my experience with my BlackBerry devices here in the USA and I always tell folks to get what best fits their needs. I have watched most of my once BlackBerry dedicated clients switch to IOS and Android, but I have decided to stick with the brand regardless of what they are using.

Why! Because I fits MY needs and even when I came close to going over to the other side this week, I had sold my classic and my red passport and even made a little profit to switch over to my iPhone 6 and IOS 8.

Well, after just three days using the iPhone as my daily driver, I saw a used black passport come up for sale on Kijji Canada for a great price and with the US dollar being where it's at made it even a better deal. I met the person in Sarnia and they even knocked off 20 bucks to unlock it because it was locked to Telus.

I sent off for the unlock code and in the meantime I updated the device to 10.3.1 using the Blitz method and also did the flickering fix while I was at it. Sold my iPhone 6 and not looking back. Yeah I came close, but there is something about BlackBerry that keeps calling me back. Weird but true and I still proudly preach the brand wherever I go here.

Now my only concern is if I ever have a warranty issue I am hosed because of the ****y warranty policy that BlackBerry has. Oh well, I will worry about that issue if and when it ever happens. Anyways I am happy I didn't cross over to the other side and dam I love the look on folks faces when I pull out the passport and hear them say, what the hell is that! Enough said.

So to summarize, you crossed to the other side but came back because you got a price deal on a passport? Didn't you just sell your red one?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:22 AM
    I'm okay with the title change. I needed my Passport by Thursday. I drove 150 miles to the newest stocking store AT&T thought they messed up my order, but no not really. So I didn't purchase one as mine will be delivered Tues. BUT I got to actually hold and play with one. Sweet. Can't wait. That sad part is the lack of support at the retail end. I am truly impressed with how much thought and research device manufacturers put into these products. Each has a very particular design personality. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to come across to consumers. Except the passport That square sticks out in a the maze of rectangles I have never used a physical keyboard. My first impression was that I could never get use to it. Two minutes later was amazed at few typos I was making! And reading web pages! THIS is a manageable useful device with no extra fat that is quality built. Personally, this device exudes that American (thanks Canada) persona. Built tough and gets the job done without all the flash. Rock solid.
    03-01-15 07:37 PM
    One day with my Passport and it's going back. Well, exchanged. The stainless steel BB logo on the back peeled up!? leaving a sharp edge. I'd share a pix but don't have a clue how to accomplish that. Anyone else had this issue? In my cell phone life I'm sure Im the first!
    03-04-15 05:07 PM
    OP: your point is valid. It reminds me of the people who say "why buy that shiny new car?? Mine goes from point A to point B just as well"
    03-04-15 05:44 PM

Aren't you the head of the Classic BBM owners' group?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:13 PM
    This is a small issue. I suppose if it came down to it that I could just rip the little bugger off the back and be done with it. But it was shipped like that and the tile next to it isn't securely anchored down. My Passport is an AT&T version so the warranty may be different. And for what it's worth AT&T has treated me VERY WELL. I only mentioned so that potential customers look at the back logo carefully. Despite the fact that I have owned quite a few phones, I'm not and electronics guy. The phones are like dogs. They smell the fear.
    03-04-15 08:08 PM
    My email organization workflow improved considerably with the Passport to the point where I don't need a Laptop or a tablet. Just a Passport and a Workstation PC.

It's gotten to the point where I only email through my phone. I'm inbetween phones atm, deciding between a few different BlackBerry models. But the Passport was a wonderful communication device, though a little large for around-town usage.

Well said. Phones are overrated, but the Passport is beginning to supplant a dedicated Email program on my PC. Oddly enough.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. My Passport has replaced my laptop. I only use my workstation PC at work and the Passport everywhere else.
    My laptop stays at home, only used rarely to run Linux programs remotely at work.
    I read and write 99% of my emails on my passport, I surf the Web and watch TV on it.
    I rarely make calls. For the past 25 years I have been hoping for a single device that would replace my tv, computer and phone.
    The TV and phone are 100% there (with flash).
    The Passport needs software enhancements to truly replace a laptop. This is not because of hardware. It's simply because the software is not (yet) what it should be...and there is no excuse for that.
    03-04-15 09:40 PM
38 12