Hope BlackBerry gets a hold of this. When your on a call and you're using your right hand and you want to reach across to hit the speaker with your thumb and can't reach.

It's easier for people who use their left hand to hold the phone to hit the speaker button.

So the idea is the option to switch those buttons aground for easier thumb accessibility. Kind of like the way you can switch the active frames around.
    11-16-14 09:56 AM
    This is another claim that supports some people's opinion that the Passport was made for lefties.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:00 AM
    I see your point. I'm left handed and have been using the Passport, one handed from the first day I received it.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:59 AM
    This is another claim that supports some people's opinion that the Passport was made for lefties.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. All BB10 devices have that button arrangement. I think there are still a lot of tweaks that needed to make the OS easier to use with one hand. Hope Blackberry cares.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:19 AM
    I'm right handed and use the passport quite a bit one handed. I think my hands are average adult man sized.

But if they were just able to let you switch "buttons" around so you can still hit everything with your thumb that would be great.

Also with the app icons. They need to be next to each other. My choice would be to be able to lineup all the app icons on either side of the device that way I can use the device one-handed in the home screen when hitting app icons.
    11-16-14 02:41 PM
    I never really thought about this or had any issues with it...but then again, I hold the PP in my left hand when making phone calls.

I cradle the phone in my left hand as well when I'm using the phone. Does everyone else do the same?
    11-16-14 09:04 PM
    This is another ideal, bluetooth headset. Been using the Platronic Legend, no problem since then.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:07 PM
    I don't care for the OS to be modified for one handed use. I do understand the struggles that people are dealing with though. I do agree with the OP. I think. We should have more customization options. Just changing the locations of the buttons on the call screen would be neat. Change the speaker location for the reasons he stated, make the end call button smaller to prevent hanging up accidentally. Make the note button bigger and so forth. It would be a neat customization option. I remember making themes for BBOS. One of my favorite things to do was change the call screen to an easier to read/navigate.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-16-14 09:14 PM
    maybe the speaker button would best be a bar all the way across ...could also make a keyboard shortcut (say, press "s" while on voice call) which would be easy for left handers who are around 10% of population...
    I don't care for the OS to be modified for one handed use. I do understand the struggles that people are dealing with though. I do agree with the OP. I think. We should have more customization options. Just changing the locations of the buttons on the call screen would be neat. Change the speaker location for the reasons he stated, make the end call button smaller to prevent hanging up accidentally. Make the note button bigger and so forth. It would be a neat customization option. I remember making themes for BBOS. One of my favorite things to do was change the call screen to an easier to read/navigate.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    12-14-14 04:43 PM
    Im right handed and hold the phone in my left hand...
    12-14-14 07:08 PM
    Customization would be nice but here on Crackberry we seem to want a personalized device. That's the sense I get from reading around on the forums.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-15-14 12:05 PM
    Would left hand use not lend itself to a theme with left side access features?
    PhonePuddin likes this.
    12-15-14 12:10 PM
    Customization wouldn't be a bad thing for the left vs right handed use, but if you allow too much it can get overwhelming for some users. I believe the Note has some customizations to make one handed use easier, but I haven't used the device so can't verify.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:20 PM
    Customization wouldn't be a bad thing for the left vs right handed use, but if you allow too much it can get overwhelming for some users. I believe the Note has some customizations to make one handed use easier, but I haven't used the device so can't verify.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know personally that the Note 3 has a One handed operation setting.
    12-15-14 09:47 PM