Hi all,

I was walking today pulling a suitcase with one hand and typing with the other. I can just about type one handed on this thing but it is a stretch to click the q, a and z buttons I can however easily click the w, s and x buttons. I was thinking, some kind of software could help this. What if someone created software that allows you to double click the w for a q, double click the s for an a and double click the x for a z? I assume most people have no problem reaching wsx with one hand.

Simple solution or is it just me with strangely long thumbs?

JB

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:50 PM
    Hi all,

I was walking today pulling a suitcase with one hand and typing with the other. I can just about type one handed on this thing but it is a stretch to click the q, a and z buttons I can however easily click the w, s and x buttons. I was thinking, some kind of software could help this. What if someone created software that allows you to double click the w for a q, double click the s for an a and double click the x for a z? I assume most people have no problem reaching wsx with one hand.

Simple solution or is it just me with strangely long thumbs?

JB

Posted via CB10
    Better option would be to just pay $5 to a bag boy and have him pull it for you.
    11-16-14 02:52 PM
    Or just the closest letter and rely on autocorrect

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 02:55 PM
    How about turning the Passport sideways with the same hand after taking it out of your pocket, making the physical qwerty keyboard face toward the thumb? Is it then possible to type one handed more comfortably?
    (better practice a few times turning on a bed or couch, and get used seeing letters sideways..) let me know if it worked out or if you found another way
    11-29-14 10:57 PM
    Definitely going to try this when I get my Passport!

How about turning the Passport sideways with the same hand after taking it out of your pocket, making the physical qwerty keyboard face toward the thumb? Is it then possible to type one handed more comfortably?
    (better practice a few times turning on a bed or couch, and get used seeing letters sideways..) let me know if it worked out or if you found another way
    AndyC52 likes this.
    11-30-14 01:23 AM
    Great!, please post a video of the possibilities of one handed use.
    I believe it should also be possible to reach every part of the screen without using both hands, just a way of holding the phone the right way.
    Thanks!
    12-11-14 01:31 AM
    I find it difficult to do this (typing sideways) as the phone isn't balanced in my (small) hand.
    I just found this tip that works well:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11152791
    Basically, you brace the phone against your knee and you can then use the phone one-handed

Great!, please post a video of the possibilities of one handed use.
    I believe it should also be possible to reach every part of the screen without using both hands, just a way of holding the phone the right way.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 12-11-14 at 02:12 AM. Reason: clarification
    12-11-14 02:11 AM
    You're holding it wrong... where did I hear that before?
    I've been holding sideways for a while already. It's the only way I can type while I drive.

Posted via CB10
    AndyC52 likes this.
    12-11-14 02:13 AM
    I find it difficult to do this (typing sideways) as the phone isn't balanced in my (small) hand.
    I just found this tip that works well:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post11152791
    Basically, you brace the phone against your knee and you can then use the phone one-handed
    Um, I should have added the don't do this while driving disclaimer!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:50 AM
    I'm typing this sideways haha. I have small hands and i can barely reach the edc buttons upright.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:46 AM
    Hold the phone so that your long fingers are caressing the supple back of the Passport. Your thumb should be at the bottom. Use your pinky to help stabilize if need be. Then, enjoy yourself.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:46 PM
    Maybe another idea to loose some keys, thinking about 0 - 9 and make it multiclickable with abc or qwe. O dear that is my nokia 3100. The old days

Just making fun but the idea is oke, but a much better idea is to get a virtual keyboard on the right or left site (for left handed people)that takes 80 % of the screen.

Why because you dont have to press so hard.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    12-11-14 05:18 PM