So you are looking for the perfect case for your Passport... look no further.

Stilgut's Book Type leather case is by far the best case I've ever had on any phone, period. Been using the Passport for almost two months now, and I think it's hands down the king of cases you can throw on a Passport (also got the Amzer and Seidio soft cases for kicks). Sturdy, functionally adept, classy, and true to German engineering quality despite being hand-made in China for volume cost. If you think a Passport SE looks sexy, wait till you put it in one of these babies. A bit pricey but well worth the money. The inner lining is softy-suedey awesome btw.

OG:
    https://www.amazon.com/StilGut%C2%AE...UvbUpU12548981

SE:
    https://www.amazon.com/StilGut-Genui...UvbUpU12548981

And by rule them all(most), I mean there is no AT&T version. Sorry AT&Ters.

p.s. Not BB, but an Easter egg for your other phones - another great case manufacturer I've come across, proudly employing artisans in the USA who hand-craft these things in Missouri (always rep homemade when possible!). I've got their traditional notebook case on my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet and it's amazing. If you don't mind spending a little extra and supporting made-in-USA, go for these guys:

http://www.portenzo.com/

Hope that helps everyone!

edit: this is mine, except I got the 2012 version while it was still around. Love them composition notebooks...

http://www.portenzo.com/collections/...tion-book-case
    Last edited by kkoo; 08-15-16 at 02:02 AM.
    08-15-16 01:52 AM
    Yeah it's the one I use...brown leather version.

Lasting ok... inside sleeve is wearing a bit, other than seems ok.

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    08-15-16 02:07 PM
    Don't you find the back of the case a little slippery? That's one of issues I found with Stilgut.
    08-15-16 05:28 PM
    I thought it was a LOTR case.. Boo...
    kkoo likes this.
    08-15-16 05:47 PM
    I cannot stand flip cases for any phone seems like a man purse. Over accessorizing but that's just one man's opinion vs another.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    enb123 likes this.
    08-15-16 07:15 PM
    Not a big fan.

For flip style covers, I prefer the BlackBerry one that sticks to the back.
    08-15-16 07:32 PM
    Vaja for me... the quality of their leather is so good...

on the road with my BlackBerry
    08-16-16 08:42 AM
    I cannot stand flip cases for any phone seems like a man purse. Over accessorizing but that's just one man's opinion vs another.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    I've always purchased Otterbox cases whenever possible. The nailed the case for the Sony Xperia Play slider, and the Nokia N900 one was indestructible... Would definitely prefer Otterbox if they made one for the Passport.

I get what you're saying regarding flip covers being man purses... I've done rugged sh*t and skateboarded all my life - my manliness has not threatened by this particular flip case I got in the "Cognac Brown" color lol. Like you I've looked down upon flip cases in the past and never thought I'd like them - this is my first one, and I'm quite happy with the style and functionality of the Stilgut one.

Don't you find the back of the case a little slippery? That's one of issues I found with Stilgut.
    For myself the Stilgut has been a perfect level of stickiness - sticky enough by not too much. The grip is firm enough where I don't feel any slipperiness.

Vaja for me... the quality of their leather is so good...

on the road with my BlackBerry
    Holy moly... I concur, David. Those Vaja cases are notches above Stilgut - if I knew they existed, I would have gone for them! They are similar to Portenzo's style and quality of craftsmanship. Thank you much for sharing!
    08-16-16 06:34 PM
    I read somewhere that this case was causing random screen blackouts on his Passport.
    08-16-16 11:48 PM
    OK so my Passport went back to RIM twice to try and solve the problem. After it came back the second time it was good for a while then again out of the blue the screen started blacking out like the other times. Quite by accident one day I thought hey this seems to be happening when I have a certain case on the phone so I did a little testing and sure as crap the screen would only blank out if I had it in a specific case which was a Stilgut Leather flip case. With the cover opened and folded behind the phone is when it would randomly black out. If I left it open like that it would eventually come back to operation but if I started to close the case it would come back immediately. Weird or what. I tried the procedure over a period of three or four weeks using my holster case, hard back shell case and the Stilgut Leather flip case and the only time the black out occurred was with the Stilgut. I have no idea why or how this happens but at least now I know.
    and

I'm glad I found your post. The blackout on my passport is definitely related to the magnets in my leather phone case (not by Stilgut). It only happens when I fold the cover back and when my fingers linger on the keyboard.There must be a magnetic connection between my fingers and the magnet. I will probably buy another type of phone case. I hope this post helps someone else.
    original post here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-out-1017873/
    08-16-16 11:54 PM
    Glad I found this post and someone who has experience with different covers. What would you recommend for Classic? I had Stilgut in my hands and I quite liked that (book with clip more than just book - I like how well it holds). One of my questions would be how reliable is the book type when it's closed - doest it hold well or would the clip be a better idea? I also looked at Tetded, which is basically the same design and similar price range, just different color range, but I am unsure considering durability and fit, as I haven't seen that one in real life. With those cases I liked the sleep function when closed, because I think that would be good for the battery.
    Other option that I like is Otterbox, as I tend to drop things. I was thinking about the bulk but durable versus more lean and sleep mode book (with clip? without clip? can't decide). But the post above got me worried about black outs.. what would be your recommendation?
    08-21-16 05:58 AM
    I personally don't like the flip cover, it is a nuisance to me when I am holding the phone with the cover behind the phone. If you are getting a classic go for the otterbox if you don't mind the extra thickness. Are you planning to put it in your pocket? I ended up getting a sleeve for the passport and putting the thing in my pocket, couldn't imagine a phone that large on my hip.
    08-21-16 03:54 PM
    Up until now I always had my phones naked, but that were sturdy dumb phones, that's why I have no idea what would work for me. I usually carry them in my backpack in one of the inside pockets or in breast pocket of my jacket, though I think classic is too big to fit in there. I started to look around me and saw how people are holding the covers - looked like a nuisance for me. I am used to book cover on my Kindle, but the size and use of that device is different.
    So it seems I will usually throw the phone into my backpack, like I do know. A little extra thickness shoudln't be a problem then.
    I also looked at a trident here, which seems even bigger than the otterbox, and I like the shape (don't mind the size), but it seems the keyboard is covered and I don't need THAT level of protection and like my keyboard naked.
    I might get a turtleback as an alternative to carry the naked phone on my belt, but I will need to think about that. Classic is smaller than a passport, but still a bit large.
    08-22-16 02:52 AM
    Up until now I always had my phones naked, but that were sturdy dumb phones, that's why I have no idea what would work for me. I usually carry them in my backpack in one of the inside pockets or in breast pocket of my jacket, though I think classic is too big to fit in there. I started to look around me and saw how people are holding the covers - looked like a nuisance for me. I am used to book cover on my Kindle, but the size and use of that device is different.
    So it seems I will usually throw the phone into my backpack, like I do know. A little extra thickness shoudln't be a problem then.
    I also looked at a trident here, which seems even bigger than the otterbox, and I like the shape (don't mind the size), but it seems the keyboard is covered and I don't need THAT level of protection and like my keyboard naked.
    I might get a turtleback as an alternative to carry the naked phone on my belt, but I will need to think about that. Classic is smaller than a passport, but still a bit large.
    If you wear slacks on a daily basis,it shouldn't be a problem to put it in your front pocket. Jeans might be a little tough unless you wear baggy jeans. I prefer my phones in my front pocket. I used to own a Sony z ultra and that phone is the same size as the passport but longer.
    08-22-16 07:30 AM
    I wear skirts But as I make my own time to time, I add pockets as I wish. Also thinking about making one case by myself later, as I made for my mom's iPod, but I want to have one professional to begin with.
    Thanks for your input and I hope I didn't hijack this thread...
    08-22-16 11:39 AM
    Tess, considering there is an Otterbox case for the Classic, I would go for that. If you are like me and tend to drop your phone pretty often, the Otterbox protection cannot be beat (I have thrown phones at the sidewalk in anger in the past... only because of Otterbox did they survive).

As I said in the post above, the Stilgut for the Passport is my first flip case and I'm pretty damn happy with it. I wanted a leather case, and it seemed like the best option from the bunch when I looked at what was around. Regarding how well it holds/closes without the clip, I would say closes evenly and flush. If you flip the phone > 75 degrees from horizontal, the flip cover will fall over - what you would expect from a cover without a clip to hold it 'locked.' From my experience with the Passport case, I would say that the Stilgut design is well thought-out and has a clean look about it that does justice to my Passport SE.

David Theado brought up Vaja cases, and boy do they look neat - if you are interested in a leather case and don't mind the high price for quality hand-made stuff, throw down the extra fifty bucks and get one of those.
    08-22-16 12:43 PM
    Well I just went through some reviews on an Otterbox for the Classic and they say it's not as great as the other Otterboxes tend to be, but I still think it's a good idea.
    I will be getting my Classic from the official BB representative in my country and they do have Stilguts in the shop, so I could look at them and I did like them, I am not just completely sure. I work with leather so I could make my own original case later, but of course it will not be nearly as tight and snug as the one made professionaly.
    Otterbox looks like a good one to start, considering I dropped my Nokia numerous times... but that was the steel one, so no damage at all.
    Vaja cases are beautiful, but unfortunatelly they don't make one for the Classic... and they are almost too beautiful for me.
    I was looking ad Tetded as well, but that is basically Stilgut just in different colors and modifications. And they don't have the combination of the design that I like in the book with clip variation that I would prefer.
    So leaning towards Otterbox now.
    mofoahh likes this.
    08-22-16 02:44 PM
    mofoahh, I'll share the engineer's perspective regarding why the flip cover issue affects the sleep/wake function. There is a hall effect sensor on the phone's PCB that senses the presence of a magnetic field (independent of polarity). These sensors are sized to detect a particular amount of current, and there's no industry standard or anything like that, but anufacturers will put in a sensor sized decently big enough to handle most common small magnets.

The issue then comes to magnet strength, and that lies in the hands of the case manufacturer (again, there is no industry standard in sizing magnets). What this says is that there was enough variation in the field strength per manufacturing lot of whatever particular magnet Stilgut specified in their Passport cases, for a segment of users in the field as a whole to experience the effects of said variation.

A magnet in the flip cover that is too strong for the sensor will trip the sensor from the other side when the cover is flipped over.
    08-23-16 01:37 AM
    The Tetded is better.
    08-23-16 10:01 PM
    The "used- like new" Stilgut case on Amazon is mine (kvnwalker), so I can personally vouch for its condition . If anyone really wants it just say so and i'll knock a few more dollars off it for you.

It's a good case, but my setup is flip-case + holster, and the Stilgut is just a little too thick for my holster.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    08-24-16 05:44 AM
    In which way is the Tetded better than a Stilgut, Andy? Other than colors and variations of course.
    I just ordered the Otterbox, thanks to everyone who helped me decide.
    But I think it might be a good idea to ask for some alternative as a Christmas present.
    08-24-16 09:05 AM
    In which way is the Tetded better than a Stilgut, Andy? Other than colors and variations of course.
    I just ordered the Otterbox, thanks to everyone who helped me decide.
    But I think it might be a good idea to ask for some alternative as a Christmas present.
    I think that's his opinion. Good choice on the OtterBox.
    08-24-16 11:26 AM
    I'm on my second stilgut flip case.. love it. Perfect weight, has kept my phone secure. GREAT company to deal with.. had an issue with the first one, but still loved the case.. they had a new one to me within days.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 04:50 PM