Not me. Never. I learned to read before kindergarten and never once used my finger to follow words.
    05-08-15 03:46 PM
    To me the workwide thing is just one benefit of the passport. The magical keyboard is really what I love about? the passport. Hehe.

I read a lot of documents on the passport and the widescreen is awesome for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 12:17 PM
    Because the Passport is wide, I can't reach the left bottom of the display with my right thumb. Well if I stretch I can reach...
    05-09-15 12:58 PM
    So, this is now your second thread I've seen, finding fault with the Passport. Reality check - one size does NOT fit all. That doesn't mean there's a problem with the device or the user, just a mismatch. So, you have two choices. You can start working toward making your Passport more functional for you. Which includes asking for advice. Or you can replace it with something more to your liking. But whining about it in multiple threads just gets annoying.
    It annoys you that he finds fault with his PP. That's pretty telling... Are we not allowed to have opinions and isn't this the place to voice those opinions? Or should we all pretend to be happy even if voicing my unhappiness might lead to an acceptable compromise?

You say one size doesn't fit all but since he's invested in the device he should be allowed to voice his pains as he grows to either love or hate the device. Or was there a rule somewhere I missed that said post are limited to BB praise reports???
    05-09-15 01:20 PM
    I don't know if you knew this function but if you hit the "R" button on a web page you switch to the reader mode which makes reading longer articles a little more comfortable. On the bottom of the reader interface you can easily switch font sizes too. Might want to try this out if you haven't done so already.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's slick, how did you learn this? Is there a list of these tips and short cuts somewhere?
    05-09-15 01:27 PM
    Take a whisky and go home, my friend

Posted via CB10
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    05-09-15 02:15 PM
    Now that's slick, how did you learn this? Is there a list of these tips and short cuts somewhere?
    Do a search on CrackBerry and even Google for shortcuts on BlackBerry Passport. I'm sure I've seen a few threads with a list of the shortcuts...
    05-09-15 04:57 PM
    Do a search on CrackBerry and even Google for shortcuts on BlackBerry Passport. I'm sure I've seen a few threads with a list of the shortcuts...
    What made you think there's a reading view to the browser so knew to search for how to do it? That's more a rhetorical question that alludes to how BB buries great features and because they don't advertise it makes you wonder how many other great features we're unaware of...
    05-09-15 09:32 PM
    ...scratching my head...
    05-09-15 11:48 PM
    Nope, the only thing is the pocket. I feel like if they managed to get it down one column of kb less it would have been ergonomically a tad better.
    05-10-15 06:11 AM
    At least, the OP got only one bad thing about the width... he probably has more good things about it...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:58 AM
    What made you think there's a reading view to the browser so knew to search for how to do it? That's more a rhetorical question that alludes to how BB buries great features and because they don't advertise it makes you wonder how many other great features we're unaware of...
    BlackBerry old-timers will know lots of these from from BBOS (including R for Reader View within Browser)

These documents might be useful: (I've always thought that they were detailed in the user guide.....)
    Shortcuts - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    Keyboard shortcuts: BlackBerry Hub - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    Keyboard shortcuts: Browser - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    05-10-15 08:58 AM
    Wide is definitely a useful niche although often I'd still prefer the same thing, same dpi same vertical res only 3/4 or 10/16 width despite being in many respects inferior.

Reasons:
    More pocketable,
    One hand typing
    Weight.

Always been a hold and type with one hand kind of man, probably reason prefer a physical keyboard.

As BlackBerry released similar phones around z10 and q10 theme I'd be happy with some passport variations.
    Slimmer passport mini and wider passport tab?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 09:58 AM
    Pocketability is definitly a problem.

Remember how BlackBerry wish to target the Asian market. Guess what? 40 C = impossible to wear a blazer. Asians are typically slimmer, smaller pocket = not wide enough to pocket the Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-15 11:14 AM
    BlackBerry old-timers will know lots of these from from BBOS (including R for Reader View within Browser)

These documents might be useful: (I've always thought that they were detailed in the user guide.....)
    Shortcuts - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    Keyboard shortcuts: BlackBerry Hub - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    Keyboard shortcuts: Browser - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3
    Sorry, but you don't get much more "old-timer" than me. My first BB was actually a two-way pager and I've been with them since.

I also remember when they removed column view from the browser which made a lot of us over at blackberryforums very mad and I never knew about this readers view nor was it mentioned at that site. Not saying I'm everybody, but it reinforces my point about BB having hidden features that if known, may have kept some users in their corners.

I also fired up my 9900 and can't seem to get readers view to work. Not sure if you have to be on a particular type of webpage, but it doesn't work on cnn.com (on my phone at least). But my question is why isn't readers view on the menu? Then people would know it exist and would try it to see what it does.
    05-10-15 07:15 PM
    Sorry, but you don't get much more "old-timer" than me. My first BB was actually a two-way pager and I've been with them since.

I also remember when they removed column view from the browser which made a lot of us over at blackberryforums very mad and I never knew about this readers view nor was it mentioned at that site. Not saying I'm everybody, but it reinforces my point about BB having hidden features that if known, may have kept some users in their corners.

I also fired up my 9900 and can't seem to get readers view to work. Not sure if you have to be on a particular type of webpage, but it doesn't work on cnn.com (on my phone at least). But my question is why isn't readers view on the menu? Then people would know it exist and would try it to see what it does.
    I always thought that the 'R' shortcut came in as a replacement function when they removed 'column view'....

Out of interest, does the 'R' shortcut work on a PDF document on your 9900 (I think it has to be a PDF with OCR-able text as opposed to text as an image)? (A lawyer friend I do voluntary work with, has two very old Curves, and only on one of them does the 'R' shortcut work on PDF documents and some web-pages - I think the other Curve is still on BBOS 5).
    05-10-15 08:24 PM
    It annoys you that he finds fault with his PP. That's pretty telling... Are we not allowed to have opinions and isn't this the place to voice those opinions? Or should we all pretend to be happy even if voicing my unhappiness might lead to an acceptable compromise?

You say one size doesn't fit all but since he's invested in the device he should be allowed to voice his pains as he grows to either love or hate the device. Or was there a rule somewhere I missed that said post are limited to BB praise reports???
    Opinions are great, Soapm. But he never asked for help. Nor did he just settle for "I hate this device.". Instead, he went strait to an "I don't like this device, therefore it sucks.". Just because a device is good for a specific person doesn't make it a bad device. There's a difference between complaining and whining. Genuine complaints have a place, whining doesn't. That's my opinion.
    05-13-15 10:52 AM
    Load 10.3.2.500 so you get pinch to zoom from keyboard. Then tell me if screen is problem when you can re arrange at will
    05-13-15 09:41 PM

I think BlackBerry does a decent job documenting.

From the Help app:

One bad thing with the width-img_20150514_072556.png

In the menu for the browser:

One bad thing with the width-img_20150514_072325.png

Not saying they document everything or make it super easy to find, but I didn't need the secret handshake

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2726
    05-14-15 06:34 AM
    I think BlackBerry does a decent job documenting.

From the Help app:

In the menu for the browser:

Not saying they document everything or make it super easy to find, but I didn't need the secret handshake

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2726
    I think you missed my point, If you don't know it exist, who knows to look in the help file to find it? I didn't know reading view existed, but I'm sure using it now. I have to wonder how many other BB10 users are about to give up on the device not knowing things like this exist (not all come here to CB for tips and advice)?

It's like a lot of these fancy screen gestures, I'm sure there are some we'll never know exist so who knows to look for them?

It's not just BB by the way, this is the direction things are going in general. Office 2010 has tons of buried features, no control panel in Windows 8 and Firefox took away my menu bar...
    05-14-15 07:31 AM
    Surely "Reader" is a well known feature of portable device browsers?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:45 AM
    Surely "Reader" is a well known feature of portable device browsers?

Posted via CB10
    I've only used BB for the last 10+ years and this is my first BB10 device I've had which seems to be the first BB I've had with this feature...
    05-14-15 07:47 AM
47 12