I learned this throughout the week. I took my Passport for carrier warranty exchange, due to a camera hardware problem (posted on a different thread). Anyway, I used my father's old Z10 (now my backup device) and oh boy, how I missed my Passport!

Compared to the Passport, the Z10 felt slow, sluggish and just underpowered. I could never get Netflix to play movies. With my SIM I get 4G on my Passport for at least data use, but with the Z10 I only had 3G.

Granted, there is a year and a half difference between the two, but after having a Z30 and then a Passport, I just couldn't use the Z10 for much longer as a main device. The Z10 is a nice looking device (although very similar to the iPhone 5) and it's biggest plus imho is the size, as it's easily manageable with one hand (this might be what I'll miss).

Unfortunately, battery life is about half of the Passport. For the first time in a long time I felt what it was to be a "wall hugger" or actually having to worry about running out "juice" before the end of the day (I kept joking about it with my iPhone and Android peers, we had a good laugh!) The Passport averages at least a day with medium-hard use, the Z10 about 15 hours with low-medium use.

Anyway, this is not a thread to trash the Z10, on the contrary. I think it was a great device when it came out, too bad it didn't fare too good in sales. Imho, it's a good rival to the iPhone 5, specially when it comes to communications handling. But the Passport is just in another league and I'm just glad to have it back. Just for the record, I no longer have the Z30 with me, as I gave it to my dad in exchange for the Z10, he is very happy with the longer battery life. So I'll stick with my Passport, just love the work wide screen!

Posted with my powerful and masterful Passport!
    hpjrt, vptsff, Supa_Fly1 and 1 others like this.
    08-01-15 08:40 AM
    I agree. I couldn't be without mine. The best device on the market, hands down!!

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-01-15 08:50 AM
    Yeah the difference is significant.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-01-15 09:29 AM
    I concur. Went through a similar experience after getting the Passport last November. Up until that point I swore by the Z30. After getting the Passport my Z30 was rendered obsolete. I had no desire whatsoever to use another form factor. I tried using it a few times but the Passport kept calling "come home". Eventually I gave away my Z10 to a client of mine and I gave my Z30 to a BBM friend. I kept my Q10 and even used it for a couple of weeks not long ago, just for the nostalgia. It was brutal. I'm completely spoiled by the Passport and I hope that they keep the form factor for years to come.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    08-01-15 12:08 PM
    What was I thinking also!? I switched to the classic for a week BUT had to to go back to the Passport due to its beast like function!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-01-15 01:41 PM
    I've had mine for less than a day and have to return it (horrible att service) and don't want to let it go!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 01:52 PM
    Yeah but I believe Z30 is better for games and videos though while the Z10 is best for one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:11 PM
    The Passport is a work horse. I really got used to the 1:1 screen very quickly and I think that this format fits web browsing very well. Going to a 16:9 screen will be strange (in standing orientation). Not sure how it will be going to a slider.
    08-01-15 02:20 PM
    i have tried switching to BlackBerry Classic,Samsung S6 Edge,iPhone 6 Plus,Note 4,LG G4,Sony Z3 Plus and none of the above could compare to Passports battery life.

As for apps and stuff,all I use is BBM,Whatsapp,Calls,Sms and emails.I dont play games on my phones.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    08-02-15 12:50 AM
    I learned this throughout the week. I took my Passport for carrier warranty exchange, due to a camera hardware problem (posted on a different thread). Anyway, I used my father's old Z10 (now my backup device) and oh boy, how I missed my Passport!

Compared to the Passport, the Z10 felt slow, sluggish and just underpowered. I could never get Netflix to play movies. With my SIM I get 4G on my Passport for at least data use, but with the Z10 I only had 3G.

Granted, there is a year and a half difference between the two, but after having a Z30 and then a Passport, I just couldn't use the Z10 for much longer as a main device. The Z10 is a nice looking device (although very similar to the iPhone 5) and it's biggest plus imho is the size, as it's easily manageable with one hand (this might be what I'll miss).

Unfortunately, battery life is about half of the Passport. For the first time in a long time I felt what it was to be a "wall hugger" or actually having to worry about running out "juice" before the end of the day (I kept joking about it with my iPhone and Android peers, we had a good laugh!) The Passport averages at least a day with medium-hard use, the Z10 about 15 hours with low-medium use.

Anyway, this is not a thread to trash the Z10, on the contrary. I think it was a great device when it came out, too bad it didn't fare too good in sales. Imho, it's a good rival to the iPhone 5, specially when it comes to communications handling. But the Passport is just in another league and I'm just glad to have it back. Just for the record, I no longer have the Z30 with me, as I gave it to my dad in exchange for the Z10, he is very happy with the longer battery life. So I'll stick with my Passport, just love the work wide screen!

Posted with my powerful and masterful Passport!
    I agree 100%

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:24 AM
    Glad you are enjoying your Passport, I have one also. I also use other devices without issue and they suffice just fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:56 AM