Im getting just 14-15 hours after heavy use, and blackberry promised a 30 hour use. Can somebody please give me some more information?
    05-07-15 12:23 AM
    You'll need to post a picture of your device monitor showing your battery usage

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 03:44 AM
    14-15 hours is pretty good for heavy usage. What is your battery like with your past phones?
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    05-07-15 03:53 AM
    Take a screencap of your battery usage.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 03:54 AM
    Im getting just 14-15 hours after heavy use, and blackberry promised a 30 hour use. Can somebody please give me some more information?
    You know that's not true. BlackBerry wouldn't promise that level of battery life with HEAVY use; moderate to light at best.

Sounds pretty good to me at 15 hours.
    05-07-15 04:02 AM
    Guys I too have been having an issue. Was fine before but for the last two weeks battery is draining and the system just seems to eating it up. I have deleted all the android apps etc can't find the solution! Help
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150504_193458.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:06 AM
    Guys I too have been having an issue. Was fine before but for the last two weeks battery is draining and the system just seems to eating it up. I have deleted all the android apps etc can't find the solution! Help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150504_193458.png 
Views:	1534 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	351629

Posted via CB10
    I used to have the same problem with my Q10. Reload the OS and it will be gone. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:08 AM
    Its not bad! 14-15 hours with heavy use ok!
    See my usages with all the time 4G data on, bbm, skype, watsapp and CB
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150507_141352.png

 Diplomatic Passport 
    05-07-15 06:14 AM
    I would prefer not to wipe and reinstall! I think I might have to though! Any other suggestions

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 07:55 AM
    OP try a hard reboot by holding down the up and down volume keys. Or update to 10.3.2.500. Works great for me. I must add thought that once you go 10.3.2 then there's no going back

O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150507_084740.png

From my Jamaican Passport.
    05-07-15 08:49 AM
    To be completely honest, I don't see what is wrong from your comment.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you use too many Android apps, you have to keep in mind that BlackBerry is a different beast altogether and it is used in a very different way. It is meant to integrate functions together so you can use it less. If you assume the 30 hours is the work of G-d and you can do things to the same extent as Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus and get 30 hours, you are just being unrealistic. I would say the screen on time you should expect to be roughly the same as Note 4 not on power saving if it were to have the same battery capacity. Battery lasts longer either because it is bigger, it is used less or it is more efficient, there's no miracle formula here. The Passport only sports the Snapdragon 801, which is not as power efficient as Note 4's 805 that is 20% more energy efficient, so to use the same unit of energy, Passport needs to run 20% less processes. Passport is good at running less, so much that it does compensates and the bigger battery makes it run proportionately longer, but you also have to work with the machine and not go berserk on it. Again, from your comment it seems like extreme wishful thinking. If you treat the phone like an Android flagship handset, you really shouldn't unrealistically imagine it performing any better when its specs are not on par with those handsets yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-15 09:35 AM
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150507_113657.jpg

That is honestly not bad. When running the radio or in weak signal areas I see the similar battery life remaining estimates. Even with that I still average a day and a half battery life.
    05-07-15 10:41 AM
    I found that after deleting most android apps. As well as changing the settings in change app permission to off. My battery life increased dramatically.
    Also sometimes it makes a difference how strong the signal is. If signal is poor then the phones keeps searching and drains more battery.
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150507_155140.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 02:54 PM
    Hey Crackberry fam. Anyone has any recommendations for 30 hours Passport optimization? My average daily battery life is around 14 hours @ medium/average use (media during 1hr lunch break, 1email manually pushed, FB, Whatsapp, around 1hr music/workout). I am running PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2744. Almost all apps with the exception of two 'run in background' and only one app 'runs when minimized'. Most of the day it's on cell data and on wifi @ home. I'm sure I've covered most 'to-dos' to increase battery life (screen timeout 1min, bluetooth/location/blend/nfc off 90% of my day). I've even tried letting the battery die completely to zero to recharge fully again. Is there anything significant I missed? I know everyone's Passport battery mileage will vary. I can definitely live w/ the current battery life but of course, any advise or suggestions to improve it is always appreciated.
    05-10-15 04:50 PM
    Hey Crackberry fam. Anyone has any recommendations for 30 hours Passport optimization? My average daily battery life is around 14 hours @ medium/average use (media during 1hr lunch break, 1email manually pushed, FB, Whatsapp, around 1hr music/workout). I am running PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2744. Almost all apps with the exception of two 'run in background' and only one app 'runs when minimized'. Most of the day it's on cell data and on wifi @ home. I'm sure I've covered most 'to-dos' to increase battery life (screen timeout 1min, bluetooth/location/blend/nfc off 90% of my day). I've even tried letting the battery die completely to zero to recharge fully again. Is there anything significant I missed? I know everyone's Passport battery mileage will vary. I can definitely live w/ the current battery life but of course, any advise or suggestions to improve it is always appreciated.
    I think it would be interesting to delete the social media apps and run your phone for a day. Just change those variables and see what happens.
    05-10-15 05:32 PM
    Try turning off stories in settings in your picture app,

Posted via CB10
    eyeb likes this.
    05-10-15 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ooh good idea. The stories feature is something I don't even use. I mainly access my media through file manager. Picture/stories turned off.
    05-10-15 05:37 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I guess I should look around/open the apps on the phone I never knew that was even there lol.
    Thanks for the tip
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    05-10-15 06:41 PM
    I guess I should look around/open the apps on the phone I never knew that was even there lol.
    Thanks for the tip
    I totally agree, there is a few hidden gems,
    05-10-15 07:43 PM
    Use it less.

My Passport had keyboard problems, but before I abandoned it I did find out the screen on time is very significant.

I unplug at around 7AM and it definitely needs to be plugged in before 10PM, on days when I need to follow breaking news on Twitter continuously, it does not necessarily last until 7PM . However, when I got it I was ambitious to see if I could not use a separate MP3 recorder for work and did an almost 2 hours interview recorded through Parrot and notes jogged down through Remember (and used GPS and an Android 3rd party navigation app for around 40 minutes), all these required the screen to be constantly on (at 0% for the interview and 70-80 when navigating I assume) it died around sometimes between two or three PM without me noticing.

So I think the key is screen on time. It achieves a better battery mostly through optimizing the workflow to allow you to use it less. I would imagine the lunch break media would be at least one of the culprit.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-15 09:20 PM
    Put it on edge 2G. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:43 PM
    Have you got the Kindle app installed? I (and many others) have found this to be the culprit. Removing it massively improved my battery life, and 'System' dropped from 30% to about 5%

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:18 PM
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150525_162500.jpg

This is the battery life that I'm getting out of medium and not heavy usage, mind you. Is it normal for a passport?
    05-25-15 04:26 PM
    O'm having a very poor battery life on my Passport, can somebody help me out with that?-img_20150525_162500.jpg

This is the battery life that I'm getting out of medium usage. But on heavy usage I'm getting only 12-15 hours. Is it normal?
    05-25-15 04:28 PM
    because the problem is, I keep seeing youtube videos and reviews where everyone's boasting about 2 days battery life after heavy usage and hence I'm feeling that I might be having a defective product.
    05-25-15 04:31 PM
31 12