Okay this is a silly question, but when doing video chat on BBM, I notice a very tiny red flashing light going off in the little lens in the top left side (when facing the screen) of my Passport SE. Anyone know what that lens is for an what the red flashing light means? It is not the LED lens or camera lens which are on the other side.
    Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 09:13 PM
    Okay this is a silly question, but when doing video chat on BBM, I notice a very tiny red flashing light going off in the little lens in the top left side (when facing the screen) of my Passport SE. Anyone know what that lens is for an what the red flashing light means? It is not the LED lens or camera lens which are on the other side.
    Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    The camera is on the left. The LED and flash are on the right.
    12-11-17 09:21 PM
    The camera is on the left. The LED and flash are on the right.
    Yes, the camera lens is on the left, but I am referring when you are looking at the phone, so it is on the right side. Beside the camera lens is the LED light. Over to the other side there looks to be a elongated lens. Not sure what that is for? When using BBM Voice Chat, a tiny red light flashes.
    The only flash lens I have on the phone is with the rear facing camera on the back.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 09:30 PM
    Yes, the camera lens is on the left, but I am referring when you are looking at the phone, so it is on the right side. Beside the camera lens is the LED light. Over to the other side there looks to be a elongated lens. Not sure what that is for? When using BBM Voice Chat, a tiny red light flashes.
    The only flash lens I have on the phone is with the rear facing camera on the back.

Posted via CB10
    I am also referring to looking at the phone.

From left to right: camera, speaker, LED, flash.
    12-11-17 09:42 PM

Hi Conite,
    Are we talking about the same phone? I am referring to the Passport Silver Edition. On mine, when looking at the screen there are three lenses across the top of the phone. First the elongate (almost rectangle like) lens (the one I am questioning it's use), then the speakers (18 by 3 tiny dots across), then the round LED lens, then the more square shape camera lens.
    I am sure we will get this figured out sooner or later, he, he, he!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 10:01 PM

And there is no flash on the front facing camera. If there is, then it has never worked on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 10:03 PM
    And there is no flash on the front facing camera. If there is, then it has never worked on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. I was going by memory.

Let me try that again.

Left to right: proximity/light sensor, speaker, LED, camera.

You can play with the sensor with the BBVE app.
    12-11-17 10:07 PM
    Proximity sensor it is.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 10:15 PM
    Sorry. I was going by memory.

Let me try that again.

Left to right: proximity/light sensor, speaker, LED, camera.

You can play with the sensor with the BBVE app.
    Okay, thanks. The tiny red flashing light in the proximity/light sensor when Video Chatting is automatically adjusting the brightness of the video stream then I guess?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 10:15 PM
    Okay, thanks. The tiny red flashing light in the proximity/light sensor when Video Chatting is automatically adjusting the brightness of the video stream then I guess?

Posted via CB10
    Or its detecting you are getting close to the screen.
    12-11-17 10:16 PM