I don't consider myself a tech junkie. I buy products that meets my needs. BlackBerry has been filling that need. I also like to be different and I hate to follow others because many others have done the same.

This phone and its philosophy behind it, is the big middle finger to the main stream.

Consuming twitter, reading blogs, and reading crackberry forums, have never been so enjoyable in a mobile device.

Another example, I was composing a tweet on my iPad, and I had to make a fine change. (thanks character limit) I was about to throw my iPad out the window because I couldn't place the cursor exactly where I wanted to be. The same thing would have been done with a simple double tap on the keyboard on my passport.

I seriously don't understand anyone who claims that the latest iPhone is an innovative product.

I seriously don't understand anyone who dismisses this phone without even trying it.

I seriously don't understand anyone who believes that carrying a charger for a phone for a work day is acceptable and it is part of the norm.

But, I do understand that BlackBerry has made an unbelievable device for people like myself who value time and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    I do consider myself a tech junkie, but no matter what platform I try I always come back to BlackBerry. No, it's not the fanciest, doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other platforms, and certainly doesn't have the app coverage. But working on a BlackBerry is just plain efficient. That's the genius of the BlackBerry experience - it just gets work done.

And more and more, I've come to appreciate BlackBerry's legendary security. I went from not caring about security and being all about new apps to not caring about new apps and being all about security. As a Verizon customer I'm slowly dying inside at the lack of Passport availability. I'll take a gander at the Classic and keep on choogling with my Q10 until then.
    Andy_bb_king and thedose like this.
    10-28-14 09:13 AM
    Awesome device!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:25 AM
    OP, or anyone else with a Passport, how do you find the typing experience with the touch-sensitive keyboard?

My thoughts have been that it wouldn't always recognize when I'm typing and would accidentally move the cursor instead of entering the keys I'm pushing. Is this a problem or doesn't happen at all?
    I'd been wondering about that as well before I finally took delivery of mine two weeks ago.

Short answer: not a problem. At all. I haven't had a single instance where the keyboard misread typing as a gesture, or vice-versa. Important to note that the touch-sensitivity only becomes active in certain contexts, and it becomes clear very quickly what those contexts are.
    10-28-14 12:13 PM
    Okay, it just hit me. I just finished writing a page long email on my Passport and I didn't even look at the keyboard. I have been using the Passport about a week now. At first, I couldn't get used to the placement of the space bar, but boy.... muscle memory has now kicked in. .... human body is just amazing.

Best of all, the wide screen allowed me to focused on the entire content of the email without needing to zoom out or scroll up and down.

Having the fine selector using the keyboard trakpad is just genius. I can't believe some tech writers saw this as an unnecessary and insignificant feature.

The form factor. Innovative keyboard and the OS implementation based on the need of a professional. BlackBerry you have me for life. As long as you are in business, I will never ever ever ever never ever purchase a non-Blackberry device again!

Posted via CB10
    Stop being so vague. DO you like the device or not?
    10-28-14 12:54 PM
    I do consider myself a tech junkie, but no matter what platform I try I always come back to BlackBerry. No, it's not the fanciest, doesn't have all the bells and whistles of other platforms, and certainly doesn't have the app coverage. But working on a BlackBerry is just plain efficient. That's the genius of the BlackBerry experience - it just gets work done.

And more and more, I've come to appreciate BlackBerry's legendary security. I went from not caring about security and being all about new apps to not caring about new apps and being all about security. As a Verizon customer I'm slowly dying inside at the lack of Passport availability. I'll take a gander at the Classic and keep on choogling with my Q10 until then.
    In the same boat, I am studying computer science in university and the more I learn about operating systems/the true innerworkings of these amazing machines, the more I am drawn to QNX/BB10, just knowing the potential for it has me so excited for the future. I am glad BB has been tweaking the OS too because it has come such a long way since 10.1, and it has not even been all that long since it has been released--thus showing us the potential that this amazing realtime OS can be!

I have been shaking my head daily while using this iphone 5S and I just can't wait to get my passport, but as they say, patience is a virtue and I continue to wait.
    10-28-14 02:12 PM
    Enough with the positive reviews already! You guys won't make me get a Passport!!!
    10-28-14 02:23 PM
    I've always enjoyed Blackberry for work. iPhones are for people who want to just stare at instagram all day while updating facebook. There really is no comparing the two if you're a business professional. And that's why the passport is so great. It does exactly what I need it to do and it does it really, really well. Best phone I've owned.
    10-28-14 02:55 PM
    This is my first post and my first Blackberry after a lifetime of Ericssons followed by several Nokias concluding with the N8. It was quite a culture shock changing to the passport and I miss some of the N8's features like built-in FM transmitter and superb SatNav but nevertheless I'm delighted with the Passport! Still some bugs to be shaken out of the OS and it took me a whole day to get everything working but I think I shall adopt Blackberry as my new hardware of choice
    10-28-14 03:17 PM
    Some of you made a point in this tread, that my view or the feeling of the Passport is not clear. Let me clear things up right now.

I FREAKING LOVE BLACKBERRY PASSPORT.

That is all. Good night.

Posted via CB10
    thedose, amanago and Evindzer like this.
    10-28-14 09:26 PM
    Some of you made a point in this tread, that my view or the feeling of the Passport is not clear. Let me clear things up right now.

I FREAKING LOVE BLACKBERRY PASSPORT.

That is all. Good night.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, you know we were just joking right? Of course your point was loud and clear.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-28-14 10:04 PM
    sorry if i missed but what phone did you come from?
    10-28-14 10:37 PM
    What's the difference between "thanking" and "liking" a comment? Like this is a good comment, and I like it. But why thank him? I'm confused.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-29-14 01:10 AM
    it does have a built-in FM radio/transmitter. plug in your headphones/earphones and go to music clicking on the menu(three bars on the left bottom of ur screen ) and u see an option for Radio, or just start typing radio from your homescreen.

This is my first post and my first Blackberry after a lifetime of Ericssons followed by several Nokias concluding with the N8. It was quite a culture shock changing to the passport and I miss some of the N8's features like built-in FM transmitter and superb SatNav but nevertheless I'm delighted with the Passport! Still some bugs to be shaken out of the OS and it took me a whole day to get everything working but I think I shall adopt Blackberry as my new hardware of choice
    10-29-14 06:55 AM
    I'm a tech addict and i tried almost 2014 smartphones (S5, One M8, iPhone 6&6+, One+One, Lumia 930 (Icon in US)... And really for me the best 2014 smartphone is The Passport.
    10-29-14 08:40 AM
    sorry if i missed but what phone did you come from?
    I came from iPhone, Bold, Q10 then Passport. I have been using BlackBerry some time.

But when I saw the passport and its three row keyboard, I almost puked. I am sure everyone else did the same. When the nausea and panic subsided, you were left with a thought, "WTF, BlackBerry, what are you thinking with this massive square shaped ugly duck."

But as I used the device, all the concerns I had with the phone dissipated gradually, and got replaced with the awe.

It can be an appalling device for some. But, you really have to use it to appreciate it. You will wonder, how did I live without it before?

Is it perfect, no..... but I can live with that, and adapt with it.

One wish though, I wish that the trackpad wasn't so damn sensitive.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:53 AM
    You'll love it once you get used to it.

But I do need to point out that the Passport does have an FM radio included. It's in the music app & you'll need something plugged into the headphones jack as it acts an antenna.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-29-14 10:19 AM
    it does have a built-in FM radio/transmitter. plug in your headphones/earphones and go to music clicking on the menu(three bars on the left bottom of ur screen ) and u see an option for Radio, or just start typing radio from your homescreen.
    That seems to be just a receiver not a transmitter (ie you can play your music over any radio or car stereo nearby).
    10-29-14 03:13 PM
    I'd recommend going to a flagship and seeing the blackberry demonstrated, So much it can do. A whole email, try typing the same email in another language its frightening fast with prodictive and gestures. Its a very sick berry.
    10-31-14 04:53 AM
43 12