Okay, it just hit me. I just finished writing a page long email on my Passport and I didn't even look at the keyboard. I have been using the Passport about a week now. At first, I couldn't get used to the placement of the space bar, but boy.... muscle memory has now kicked in. .... human body is just amazing.

Best of all, the wide screen allowed me to focused on the entire content of the email without needing to zoom out or scroll up and down.

Having the fine selector using the keyboard trakpad is just genius. I can't believe some tech writers saw this as an unnecessary and insignificant feature.

The form factor. Innovative keyboard and the OS implementation based on the need of a professional. BlackBerry you have me for life. As long as you are in business, I will never ever ever ever never ever purchase a non-Blackberry device again!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:20 PM
    So.... do you like Passport?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-27-14 07:22 PM
    Awesome... this is exactly what BlackBerry needs

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:22 PM
    Awesome, nice to hear positives!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-27-14 07:24 PM
    I to feel more comfortable writing on the Passport than any other phone I've owned. I was a Blackberry abuser for life before the Passport, and this phone just confirms why I love BlackBerry so much

Posted via CB10
    Skyforever, RIM99 and Mr4aces like this.
    10-27-14 07:35 PM
    Second to that. First time physical keyboard for me, coming from Z10. It took me half day to get use to the keyboard. The wide screen let me read pdf and webs more efficiently and focus more on what I am doing. Very positive overall experience. Oh, last but not least, the powerful processor makes android apps run close to naive apps, very responsive and fast.

Thanks BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:40 PM
    And I keep going to my local Telus store to hold the Passport. I can't buy it because my Z30 is still awesome! I should stop torturing myself

Zoom Zoom Z30
    10-27-14 07:41 PM
    Okay, it just hit me. I just finished writing a page long email on my Passport and I didn't even look at the keyboard. I have been using the Passport about a week now. At first, I couldn't get used to the placement of the space bar, but boy.... muscle memory has now kicked in. .... human body is just amazing.

Best of all, the wide screen allowed me to focused on the entire content of the email without needing to zoom out or scroll up and down.

Having the fine selector using the keyboard trakpad is just genius. I can't believe some tech writers saw this as an unnecessary and insignificant feature.

The form factor. Innovative keyboard and the OS implementation based on the need of a professional. BlackBerry you have me for life. As long as you are in business, I will never ever ever ever never ever purchase a non-Blackberry device again!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome to hear your excitement. I have similar feelings. With time it only gets better.
    Enjoy .

Passport... 4+ weeks and loving it more every day.
    10-27-14 07:47 PM
    thanks for that positive experience.

if there is anything else that you remember when using it, just add to the thread.
    - Video watching
    - Music listening
    - Carrying/ease of use
    - Battery life
    10-27-14 07:48 PM
    Also. Tell us how you like reading documents and surfing the web. These are my favorites for this device.

Passport... 4+ weeks and loving it more every day.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-27-14 07:51 PM
    Tell us how you like reading documents
    check this out
    10-27-14 08:02 PM
    It's just an awesome device. ;-)
    10-27-14 08:02 PM
    Yeah,.. I think it's more a marvel of humans' amazing capability to adapt and master new tasks and interfaces.

I never thought I would get good with the Passport keyboard, but now it just blows me away.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    10-27-14 08:11 PM
    I love the positivity
    10-27-14 08:55 PM
    Mine is coming tomorrow, can't wait to test it.
    Snap51 and Evindzer like this.
    10-27-14 09:15 PM
    Yep OP, the Passport is truly smooth.
    10-27-14 09:34 PM
    I'm on Day 4 with the Passport. I'm texting more than ever before, mostly because I want to achieve the OP's familiarity with the keyboard. And I concur wholeheartedly. As long as Blackberry makes devices, I'll keep buying them from here on end.
    10-27-14 09:45 PM
    I was of the opinion that Blackberry hit their peak with the 9900 Bold series. One of the things that I loved about that phone was the way it was able to integrate with an app called Vlingo.
    I was able to place my cursor anywhere on the screen whether it be a text message, an email, a BBM message or a letter and simply start talking and the app translated my words to text with a very high degree of accuracy . I was able to knock out written documents at an amazing rate of 80 to 90 words per minute. Using a combination of the keyboard, many shortcuts and the voice to text function, I was extraordinarily productive on the 9900. Since then I've had a Q10 and a Z10 and have not found anything that even comes close to that type of capability.
    Lo and behold along comes the Passport with that exact capability built-in. I am now Once again writing emails, texts, BBM's and Crackberry posts at the same amazing speed with even more accuracy. This phone is simply amazing!
    I am now so productive that I even have time to post on the CrackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:18 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Agreed OP. Brilliant screen coupled with amazing keyboard makes for amazing experience. Everything is better...

Passport is a quantum leap better user experience than my iPhone 5 or Q10 was... or any other phone before this. No comparison... this is truly a very innovative and addictive phone!

Blackberry OS 10.3 is finally silky smooth, functional and stable... and will just get better!

Social media, taking and viewing photos, etc.. this is both an ultimate professional smartphone that also one that "plays hard" too! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:25 PM
    Agreed with all the points mentioned above. With the often repeated comments about the weird square shaped size, I show em the benefits., reading,creating whole documents, physical keyboard goodness and its capacitive capabilities . The ultimate comparison to other larger screen device out there is the ability to carry my passport everyday in my shirt pocket easily without it sticking out. Much thought have gone into the design of this device, and this definitely impressed me every day I use this passport
    10-27-14 10:40 PM
    I remember the early pics of the "Windermere" and all the wtf responses...

It's nice to have a BB device that people are excited about again. The Passport is the first truly innovative device in recent memory, and everyone that has seen mine has wanted to check it out.

Positive Passport Experience is an understatement.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-27-14 11:59 PM
    I don't consider myself a tech junkie. I buy products that meets my needs. BlackBerry has been filling that need. I also like to be different and I hate to follow others because many others have done the same.

This phone and its philosophy behind it, is the big middle finger to the main stream.

Consuming twitter, reading blogs, and reading crackberry forums, have never been so enjoyable in a mobile device.

Another example, I was composing a tweet on my iPad, and I had to make a fine change. (thanks character limit) I was about to throw my iPad out the window because I couldn't place the cursor exactly where I wanted to be. The same thing would have been done with a simple double tap on the keyboard on my passport.

I seriously don't understand anyone who claims that the latest iPhone is an innovative product.

I seriously don't understand anyone who dismisses this phone without even trying it.

I seriously don't understand anyone who believes that carrying a charger for a phone for a work day is acceptable and it is part of the norm.

But, I do understand that BlackBerry has made an unbelievable device for people like myself who value time and efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    gritsinct, hadji and Evindzer like this.
    10-28-14 12:01 AM
    I have to agree. It's a fantastic device. I don't know about the whole life commitment, but I can get behind the pros of the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:02 AM
    I just tried the voice dictation input on my Z10 and it works really good.. I was extremely impressed to find that it could understand arabic and turn it into words.. even the regional accents..
    BlackBerry is king of text input in all ways (virtual keyboard, physical qwerty, voice dictation)

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    10-28-14 01:10 AM
    OP, or anyone else with a Passport, how do you find the typing experience with the touch-sensitive keyboard?

My thoughts have been that it wouldn't always recognize when I'm typing and would accidentally move the cursor instead of entering the keys I'm pushing. Is this a problem or doesn't happen at all?
    10-28-14 09:03 AM
43 12