So, I finally got my Passport l you last night and I rushed to my carrier before they closed. The rep that changed over my sim card to a Nano asked what the phone was, but the rep that was working next to her, he was like "is that a Passport? Cool". Then he asked to see it and picked it up. He was like "you actually plan to use that?" as it was so wide. Then he said "Out of all the BB10 devices this one is selling the best so they must be doing something right". I was grateful to see that even people who aren't sure about it are acknowledging that it's a successful device.

This device is invoking a lot of priceless responses and i intend to share them. Would like to hear yours too.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:27 PM
    Nothing... Because I don't have one.

But I like where this thread is heading. Let's consolidate all the 500 (exaggeration) threads to one place.
    12-03-14 02:02 PM
    was at a Rogers a wireless store. The rep working there was like...is that a passport. He was jealous and said wanted to get one but there not in stock. After a girl pulled out here passport and the phones started getting attention. People where like it's big/different but I like
    12-03-14 02:17 PM
    funny enough got 5 people on the wire at work to wanna buy one and made a die hard BlackBerry fan still using a 9900 that was interested in classic second guess and may upgrade to passport now.
    12-03-14 02:32 PM
    I'm not having luck finding anyone who really seems to care. Most just have a mindset of "Oh. Blackberry. Okay."

I did learn that we have one diehard on a technical team who was psyched. I recommended that she take a look at it, or wait for the Classic if she wanted a more familiar format. She was very interested and hated that the department was pushing iPhones onto them.

Apparently they got a good deal on a mass purchase or something.
    12-03-14 02:42 PM
    Showed my new PP to a friend of mine who is a world traveler and is in the diamond industry. He currently has an iPhone 5S which is badly beaten up, he said he doesn't use all the games and most of the other apps that people clamor for. He was drooling over the PP. His comment: "this is the phone that all businessmen in North America will be wanting and carrying next year". Not sure if that's correct, although wouldn't it be great. He is going to Rogers today to switch over. He has big hands and said he couldn't believe how big it was, but that it felt great, the screen was gorgeous, and on and on. I was beaming! Also when I mentioned battery life compared to iPhone, he was almost ready to steal the phone away from me.
    Rolandxiii likes this.
    12-03-14 02:53 PM
    Sorry for those that still can't get one. I went to get lengths and costs to get mine and as far as i know, i am the first person in Barbados to own one.

I was teaching a class earlier today and I put it on one of the student's desk and she was like "that's big and ugly" but then she asked to pick it up and she went silent as it held it and gazed into the screen. I then gave her a demo of the touch keyboard in action and she was like "I like this. I want one of those!"

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:44 PM
    Student in a different class was just like "what is that?". She said she likes the features but it's too big. Called it a mini tablet. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 04:03 PM
    Sorry for those that still can't get one. I went to get lengths and costs to get mine and as far as i know, i am the first person in Barbados to own one.

Posted via CB10
    Good to see another bajan on here. Wasn't really a fan of the passport when it first came out but after I got some hands on time with it, it reminded me how awesome the physical keyboard is and I actually like the 1:1 aspect ratio. I'm hoping to get my hands on a red one when I go up to the great white north this month.

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.3.1.1151
    12-03-14 04:29 PM
    My experience goes like this.
    I had a man at a takeaway place ask me how old my phone was and if it one of those really really old phones. I told him it was only a few months old if that. He thought it was cool.
    My girlfriend has already decided she is having the white or red one when they release in UK.
    My friend says only blackberry know how to make phones although he has an iphone 6 (the traitor).
    The day I bought mine a man walked in looking for a case for his. I have seen several people out in the wild with this device. Its as sweet as a nut.

Posted via CB10
    AntJones80 and KWRick like this.
    12-03-14 04:54 PM
    So, I finally got my Passport l you last night and I rushed to my carrier before they closed. The rep that changed over my sim card to a Nano asked what the phone was, but the rep that was working next to her, he was like "is that a Passport? Cool". Then he asked to see it and picked it up. He was like "you actually plan to use that?" as it was so wide. Then he said "Out of all the BB10 devices this one is selling the best so they must be doing something right". I was grateful to see that even people who aren't sure about it are acknowledging that it's a successful device.

This device is invoking a lot of priceless responses and i intend to share them. Would like to hear yours too.

Posted via CB10
    As of this moment, there are 676 posts already in one thread with almost this same topic.
    How have people reacted to your new Passport? - Page 28 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-03-14 05:36 PM
    As of this moment, there are 676 posts already in one thread with almost this same topic.
    How have people reacted to your new Passport? - Page 28 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    And we made a duplicate thread.

Hopefully this get's merged.
    12-03-14 05:58 PM
    And we made a duplicate thread.

Hopefully this get's merged.
    ...but this says its "Official"

What am I to do?
    mrfreeze likes this.
    12-03-14 06:27 PM
    I was looking for something like this. It's easier to find duplicates on the full website than in the CB10 App. I'll give it a look. Would be up to the moderator to merge them.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:54 PM
    Yes it should be merged. It is exactly the same topic. I have been participating in that other thread for a month now.

Posted via Passport - The Beast!
    12-03-14 07:11 PM
    I was at a presentation dinner the other week and was sitting next to my Client (Director of an Architectural firm). Pulled out my Passport to check my messages and he was very impressed. He had obviously heard about the phone but hadn't seen one. Asked where I bought it and I told him...Amazon. A few minutes passed and he showed me his Xiaomi with the browser showing the Amazon site where the BlackBerry Passport was selling "is this where you bought it from"? Yes was my reply. Less than 1 week later he also bought one and is waiting for the delivery. The project thankfully won an award that night so it made it all the more memorable.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:53 PM
    Yep op please continue there
    mrfreeze likes this.
    12-03-14 08:03 PM