and its $169.99 on the Canadian website on top of that too. They on crack or something? Absolutely no sense at all
    Stuff's always more expensive for Canadians. That's just how it's been.
    12-23-14 12:17 AM
    BlackBerry is never gonna change. They overestimate the brand-loyalists.

Powered by Z10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    12-23-14 12:53 AM
    If this ever makes it out to the general Internet, the BB haters are going to have a field day.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-23-14 01:54 AM
    I managed to attach the genuine hard shell to the BB flip case for Passport (using some soft double-sides tape), and it's pretty awesome...

Hard shell $39 AUD
    Flip case $50

So roughly a hundred bux if I added shipping...

Looks very classy, a real looker,
    like a business note pad that folds open,
    but contains
    a pocket computer...

And I can (practically) guarantee no one in a circle of 1000kms has got anything like it... :-)

Definitely worth it! :-D

Same goes for the other case, if you like it, get it.
    Definitely cheaper than a broken phone or scratched screen!

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-23-14 02:21 AM
    Lol thanks for the laugh, I was thinking the same thing.

Classic Passport.
    12-23-14 02:24 AM
    I got my leather holster from eBay for around $20 delivered, it is a generic one but fit is awesome.

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    12-23-14 03:16 AM
    That BB had released a swivel holster for its passport phone was what prompted me to get the passport as I rely on a holster. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the outrageous price. I'll be returning my passport due to the outrageous price tag. I'm not interested in a third party holster for the passport.

I've been using the passport for a week. I'm coming from 9790. You don't need external speakers with the passport; sound (volume and quality) that comes out of it is unbelievable and the phone is very snappy. BB World lacks productively apps that I had on my 9790. Does BB really get productivity? Why isn't an "Add to" feature part of the menu options in email so I can add emails quickly into my calendar? Amazon app store isn't great for productivity apps either.

I may consider the Classic since I'm coming from 9790. I'm a public transit user and need to whip out my phone often to check bus times. The passport is difficult to whip out due to its size, and especially with no holster.
    12-23-14 03:22 AM
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361055320678 (this is a package of horizontal and vertical holsters, select the model required, on the package it said it suits Samsung Galaxy S5 but fits Passport good, although a little long. I also have one to suit my z30 which will also fit the Passport without a case fitted)
    Or try this one, it has a double layer protective case and holster:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400821830...84.m1439.l2649
    I have both and are very good for the price.
    12-23-14 03:23 AM
    That BB had released a swivel holster for its passport phone was what prompted me to get the passport as I rely on a holster. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the outrageous price. I'll be returning my passport due to the outrageous price tag. I'm not interested in a third party holster for the passport.

I've been using the passport for a week. I'm coming from 9790. You don't need external speakers with the passport; sound (volume and quality) that comes out of it is unbelievable and the phone is very snappy. BB World lacks productively apps that I had on my 9790. Does BB really get productivity? Why isn't an "Add to" feature part of the menu options in email so I can add emails quickly into my calendar? Amazon app store isn't great for productivity apps either.

I may consider the Classic since I'm coming from 9790. I'm a public transit user and need to whip out my phone often to check bus times. The passport is difficult to whip out due to its size, and especially with no holster.
    You're dumping that awesome phone because of a pricey holster and because you insist on BB genuine? 8-o

The retail price here was $899 at Optus, add $39 for hard shell and $50 for the flip case and symbolic shipping cost. Even though I got the PP a few dollars cheaper, that combo was nearly a thousand bux, and I still reckon it was worth it.
    The productivity gain of being able to read PDFs they're meant to be read, breezing through websites in wide screen and hammering out emails with keys so wide and large they're next to impossible to miss, I couldn't be happier.
    Yeah, and Teamviewer in widescreen, whole laptop ~1366x800px on this awesome screen without any landscape shenanigans...

:-)

The Classic's measly 720x720px might be great for someone coming from an OS7 device, but imho no comparison to the Passport (4x pixel count, nearly as wide as a Z10 in landscape) .

You can push emails to the calendar, via "Invite to Meeting", just delete the participants / don't send invitations... (it's a workaround, but doable)

No offense, but tell me,
    are you in any way willing to re-think your decision?

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-23-14 07:44 AM
    So BlackBerry is setting the price at $169.99 ($149.99 US).

What gets me even more is that if I ask where to buy a Classic, @BlackBerryHelp responds quickly. If I ask them if this price is a mistake through DM it's ignored. The least they could do is tell me it's not a mistake (or at least JC's been into the egg nog already and wait until after New Year's for sanity to return).

Will the CrackBerry store or any other retailers carry this for a reasonable price?

Looks like I'll probably go with the no name one soon. This is ridiculous and BlackBerry is way out of touch if they think this is anywhere in the realm of reasonable.
    12-23-14 09:49 AM
    Check this out at Amazon Robot Check
    12-23-14 10:42 AM
    I just received the Seido holster and cover. They work just fine.
    12-23-14 01:59 PM
    When nobody buys the overpriced official holster, I really hope they take away the message that its overpriced in the face of alternatives (Seidio has options in the $30-$50 range) rather than just assuming that there was no demand.

I bought the Seidio SURFACE holster combo while waiting for the official one to come out, thinking that I might wind up actually getting both and comparing. However, at $149, I'm seriously rethinking the purchase of the official one. They really should not have priced it outside of the $50-75 range for "retail", where places like ShopCrackBerry would actually sell it in the $35-55 range.

This is kinda a shame, because I prefer the official holsters. This Seidio purchase is actually the only non-official holster or case I've ever got.
    GeoK likes this.
    12-23-14 09:26 PM
    When nobody buys the overpriced official holster,
    But that's the sad thing here--they are selling. I checked two days ago, they had 130 in stock. Now, they're down to 118.
    12-23-14 11:43 PM
    But that's the sad thing here--they are selling. I checked two days ago, they had 130 in stock. Now, they're down to 118.
    I have to admit I do like the look of the case
    12-24-14 11:05 AM
    You are in the general internet.

If this ever makes it out to the general Internet, the BB haters are going to have a field day.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-24-14 12:23 PM
    I manPhoto please?
    Let's see how much of a looker it really is?

aged to attach the genuine hard shell to the BB flip case for Passport (using some soft double-sides tape), and it's pretty awesome...

Hard shell $39 AUD
    Flip case $50

So roughly a hundred bux if I added shipping...

Looks very classy, a real looker,
    like a business note pad that folds open,
    but contains
    a pocket computer...

And I can (practically) guarantee no one in a circle of 1000kms has got anything like it... :-)

Definitely worth it! :-D

Same goes for the other case, if you like it, get it.
    Definitely cheaper than a broken phone or scratched screen!

•   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   •
    12-24-14 12:24 PM
    You are in the general internet.
    I mean outside of the BlackBerry fan community. We are a fair bit more tolerant of the strange BlackBerry decisions.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-24-14 12:32 PM
    It's been a few days, but...

Sold Out!
    02-04-15 12:14 AM
    It's been a few days, but...

Sold Out!
    So I guess BlackBerry does know their customers. Even with such outrageous price

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:28 AM
    So I guess BlackBerry does know their customers. Even with such outrageous price

Posted via CB10
    Apparently. But I don't get it.

If I knew what made it worth that amount I would easily spend it. But I don't see it.
    raino likes this.
    02-04-15 06:13 AM
    I got a holster from StoryLeather and it has worked great. They had an option where i could design my holster to accept the device with the hard plastic shell on the phone. Even though it was custom designed it still cost less than the one BlackBerry was selling and had many more options. Plus it didnt leave the corners of the passport exposed.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:36 PM
    I totally want an OEM holster for my Passport, but not for that price.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:03 PM
98 ... 234