It's not a typo. It may be a completely incorrect price, hence wrong on both sites. Sadly, I feel that BlackBerry actually thinks it can charge this much for a Passport holster.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:38 PM
    OK, OK...in a moment of clarity, I have had second thoughts...
    I am having doubts about the typo; the US site says $149...and the Canadian says $160....so, two typos?
    My heart just dropped.
    That might be the real price.
    There can't be the chance that there were two typos?
    Still could be as I believe one site would set the price based on the other...assuming exchange rates right?

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    12-21-14 02:40 PM
    Im gonna be the devils advocate!!! I actually really like the look of the case as it has thin clean lines and does not look to bulky. If I can verify that the oem hard shell attached to device AND be able to slip in and out and fit the case, THEN SOLD I will purchase it.
    GeoK and RandyArsenault like this.
    12-21-14 02:46 PM
    Honestly...

My gf has been waiting for these to come out for a stocking stuffer for me.

As soon as I saw this I msged her and threatened her heavily to not buy me this. Because she would just get it anyways. It's a complete ripoff.

Seriously, how could I continue to look down on iPhone users if I bought into this crap.

Blackberry gets quiet a few things right, has its heart in the right place at least sometimes, and sometimes.... they almost box the whole enterprise. This is one of those times.

A quick way to add $110 profit to every phone sold I guess.

So in response. I'm asking my lady to grab me one of the super-duper discounted holsters. I'll do an alien autopsy on it to get the swivel and magnet and then take a trip to the fabric store for leather.

With youtube and a hardware store down the block, how hard could it be??

$200 after shipping and taxes just pushed my market tolerance into "F-U JC, I'll do it myself..."

Passport | Fido
    Last edited by chiefx13; 12-21-14 at 03:38 PM.
    dejanh likes this.
    12-21-14 03:26 PM
    130 in stock...in case you're worried about them running out before you rush to place your order.
    12-21-14 04:53 PM
    That's 7 less than last night when I checked.

Who is ordering these?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:04 PM
    So in response. I'm asking my lady to grab me one of the super-duper discounted holsters. I'll do an alien autopsy on it to get the swivel and magnet and then take a trip to the fabric store for leather.
    That makes your finished product handcrafted and therefore worth so much more than the $150.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-21-14 05:24 PM
    That makes your finished product handcrafted and therefore worth so much more than the $150.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    But at least it'll be my added value.

I like to run, hike and take on little projects like this.

Need a good holster and never worked with leather before. And since there aren't any better options coming down the pipe. I got the time.

Passport | Fido
    12-21-14 05:50 PM
    Omg for that money she better give me a ******* too )

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:16 AM
    But at least it'll be my added value.

I like to run, hike and take on little projects like this.

Need a good holster and never worked with leather before. And since there aren't any better options coming down the pipe. I got the time.

Passport | Fido
    can you send pics of it please
    12-22-14 05:24 AM
    As of 9am EST it is still $149. I tweeted out the price yesterday in hopes that BlackBerry would be listening. Still have hopes, but they are fading at this point.

12-22-14 07:58 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DI7...UvbUpU11186080

Might as well carry your Passport without a case, and buy one of these for when it inevitably bends in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 likes this.
    12-22-14 08:17 AM
    At these prices you can carry a couple spare phones as your insurance policy. The mfg cost on a holster cannot be more than 20 to 30 dollars. The leather used is thin anyway. My tetded case was less than 50 retail...the seidio surface with holster is less than 50. If this price holds it may be the single item that turns my decade use of BlackBerry products sour.

We all need to tweet this out and make a statement on this absurd markup. I know they need to make money, but this is worse than buying any phone accessory from AT&T...as that is a rip off of a lesser degree.

12-22-14 09:24 AM
    Sorry, am I missing something?

Are we talking about this?:

Smartphone Experts Leather Swivel Holster Specifically designed for BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada

Edit: never mind, I see it now,

CAD$29.99.
    Did they change the price just moments ago, or are we talking about something completely different?
    12-22-14 10:13 AM
    No, we are talking about a BlackBerry OEM Holster Case for the passport Smartphone.

Official Passport leather swivel holster - 9-screen-shot-2014-12-20-11.34.52-am.png
    Sorry, am I missing something?

Are we talking about this?:

Smartphone Experts Leather Swivel Holster Specifically designed for BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry Holsters | CrackBerry Canada

Edit: never mind, I see it now,

CAD$29.99.
    Did they change the price just moments ago, or are we talking about something completely different?
    12-22-14 05:25 PM
    Smartphone Experts Leather Swivel Holster Specifically designed for BlackBerry Passport in the Canada store. Bla1ze please make it available in the US store also.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    12-22-14 06:03 PM
    Bla1ze...since ShopCrackberry has gotten oem holsters before, can you confirm from distribution whether the holster price is legit? Unless BlackBerry only commissioned a couple hundred of these there really is no way the price should be that high.

12-22-14 06:19 PM
    I was hoping this was a typo with a real price of $49.99. I can't understand why it would be so high. Even the holster for the Classic is 39.99. I am hoping for a correction soon. I would really like one.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:38 PM
    I was hoping this was a typo with a real price of $49.99. I can't understand why it would be so high. Even the holster for the Classic is 39.99. I am hoping for a correction soon. I would really like one.

Posted via CB10
    Same here...I have had a holster for every BlackBerry I have had as it is the way I prefer to rock one. While $49.99 would be on the high side it is at least on the same planet.

Heinz Katchup likes this.
    12-22-14 06:50 PM
    this is worse than buying any phone accessory from AT&T...as that is a rip off of a lesser degree.
    And this is how we know the bad guys have won. I was going to use a different word instead of 'bad guy,' but probably not the right time to make that joke.
    12-22-14 09:03 PM
    It would make more sense to buy a used BlackBerry 10 device for the same price and buy a holster for it lol. I am sure the price will be repaired soon, was just hoping it was in time for a xmas gift to myself but now it has to be a belated one

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-22-14 09:17 PM
    Terribly sorry, but yes, is true.
    12-22-14 10:07 PM
    Same here...I have had a holster for every BlackBerry I have had as it is the way I prefer to rock one. While $49.99 would be on the high side it is at least on the same planet.

See my post on another holster thread. I called, and it is US $149. Absurd.
    12-22-14 10:30 PM
    Even more absurd is that some guy on that other thread said he would get it at that price.

See my post on another holster thread. I called, and it is US $149. Absurd.
    dejanh likes this.
    12-22-14 10:38 PM
    and its $169.99 on the Canadian website on top of that too. They on crack or something? Absolutely no sense at all
    12-22-14 10:53 PM
98 1234