03-29-15 03:08 AM
102 1234 ...
tools
    Needs a hole for the heaphones jack.
    vpblaze and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    01-01-15 04:24 PM
    Needs a hole for the heaphones jack.
    I missed that use case. Definitely the case is not intended for the normal active person. Thanks for catching that!

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    01-01-15 04:39 PM
    I use the wired headset instead of a BT headset, so this just won't work for me.

Shame as, ignoring price, its a pretty cool looking piece of kit and I have a birthday coming up.
    01-01-15 04:50 PM
    01-01-15 05:00 PM
    I think it is a great holster, but at 1/4 of the price of the phone it's still too much for a holster.
    01-01-15 05:25 PM
    Great review! Looks like a great holster but at this price it's almost thievery..

Shame shame Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-01-15 05:50 PM
    I find it odd that there are people here who gush and fawn over 'handmade' and 'custom' standard pouches or wallet cases that can cost up to $100 and beyond......yet as soon as BlackBerry bring out something that is as well made clearly, intended as a high end item for a high end device, that is actually more functional technically than a pouch, they all whinge and complain about the price!?

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    01-01-15 06:09 PM
    Its expensive but when you look at Vaja and other European cases it isn't that outrageous.

I've never used a holster but because of the size of the device and danger putting it in a front jean pocket, I'm thinking to buy this case for weekends when I don't have a suit pocket.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    01-01-15 06:16 PM
    I go through holsters every 6 months. They just wear out. With that track record, spending $150 it too much too often. The leather starts cracking on the flap due to opening and closing. If this product is better made then I can understand a higher price. If it was made like some products I have gotten from Saddleback Leather Co then I would pay it. I still do not think with the great detail here that it should be in the price range it is. My personal opinion of course.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    GeoK likes this.
    01-01-15 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the review. Would have wanted it to accommodate the headphone jack and the oem shell case to consider/justify the purchase. I ordered the "Smartphone Experts" holster from shopcrackberry, I guess this will have to do for now. If anyone has pics or feedback on the "SE" holster pls share. Thanks again for the review, very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 06:37 PM
    Good quality but look very stupid in design, if it in silent sure will miss many many call.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 01-01-15 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Removed quoted deleted post.
    01-01-15 06:55 PM
    I think it is a great holster, but at 1/4 of the price of the phone it's still too much for a holster.
    With this crazy price point, they'll expect many people even not buying the phone too, I won't believe this is coming from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:00 PM
    What's the price on it? And where to buy it?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:01 PM
    Good quality but look very stupid in design, if it in silent sure will miss many many call.

Posted via CB10
    I missed that it doesn't have a way to see the LED. Good catch.
    01-01-15 07:05 PM
    we shouldn't be surprise the holster doesn't accommodate a passport with the hard shell case as BlackBerry never made one for that purpose before

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    01-01-15 07:13 PM
    Thanks for the pics and review.

It does look very nice, I must admit. Very high class.

As others have pointed out, the lack of a space for the headphone jack or LED makes it less than completely practical. I received the Smartphone one from CrackBerry and other than a plain look, it seems more functional. It has a sleep magnet, you can see the LED, the headphone jack is accessible and even though I haven't put it on my belt yet and tried to pull the phone out, it fits with the hardshell case. The swivel clip on the CrackBerry store one is solid looking and appears to be the same one used on OEM holsters.

For the price, you can't even compare the two. If I was a high powered, big money corporate suit, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the BlackBerry one. As a regular joe, the CrackBerry store one will meet my needs.
    solaroma likes this.
    01-01-15 07:27 PM
    we shouldn't be surprise the holster doesn't accommodate a passport with the hard shell case as BlackBerry never made one for that purpose before

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 holster accommodates the hardshell

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by solaroma; 01-01-15 at 07:41 PM.
    GeoK likes this.
    01-01-15 07:27 PM
    I really appreciate this in depth review and the numerous photos. I won't buy a high quality leather product every day or even every year, but I wasn't averse to spending several hundred dollars for a high quality Tumi briefcase. I recall spending more than $100 once for a wallet. Quality costs money. $169 seems like a fortune though but perhaps if it were on sale 25% less, I'd seriously consider buying it, especially for the LE (red) Passport.
    01-01-15 09:03 PM
    I wonder what the reasoning was for not having the LED and headphone functioning.
    01-01-15 09:20 PM
    $150 for holster spent with money saved on belts over the last 20 yrs lol
    01-01-15 09:45 PM
    I wonder what the reasoning was for not having the LED and headphone functioning.
    Adding those innovative features would've significantly increased the cost to manufacture the case thus resulting in a really expensive product that the average consumer wouldn't be able to afford. So they left it out.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:45 PM
    Can it stretch sufficiently to accommodate a PP with the hard shell?
    01-01-15 09:58 PM
    Take a $100 of the purchase price and I'm in.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    01-01-15 10:12 PM
    By the time I landed the blackberry holster in Australia it would be $200 plus. Much as I would like to have it, that is way too much.

I also went to order the Smartphone Expert case from Crackberry, Canada, but the website came up with $95 dollars shipping. Absolutely bloody ridiculous. So I didn't order it.

I have a Seidio which is okay and a Stilgut which I am somewhat underwhelmed by.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:54 AM
    Hard Shell on question:

No way. In the event you managed to stretch the holster opening around the passport+hard shell (can be done with great force), the rubber backing of the hardshell will make it impossible to slide it down or pull it out. Remember the holster is very deep and has no wiggle room.

I forgot to mention in my original review:
    The front of the holster makes it appear as if there would be some room or give due to the fact that there is the overlap of material forming that trapezoid looking form under the flap which extends to the bottom of the holster. This is not elastic lined or stretches in anyway. In fact, where the outside of the holster has that trapezoid pattern there is no overlay inside the holster. The gray material in the holster is positioned in such a way as to be 100% flat against the passport at any point of contact.

This means that if something is going to cause friction (like a rubber backed hard shell) then there will be resistance all the way down and back.
    the brother likes this.
    01-02-15 05:45 AM
102 1234 ...