Hey guys..
    I know there is a boycott due to the price but I am going to make this anyway. I can afford to pick it up and some others out there may be in the same situation and want to know more so here it goes.

I will reply a few times to get more pics up- 12 being the limit.

Anyway here is the rundown of the holster. The pics will say a lot more than typing but I will point out the highlights:
    There is a magnet in the rim of the flap so when it closes, it lines up perfectly with the rest of the case. There is no flap overlay. I have some pictures of trying to get the passport in the holster with the hard shell. This cannot be done. It fits with some stretching in that it clears the opening but you cannot possible push this in or take it out with the rubber backing of the hard shell. Ultimately you will destroy the holster too.

The holster is well stitched and has nicely grained leather throughout. I have a picture of it side by side with the fold over case. The leather and stitching is totally different.

Also the holster is lined with a stiff canvas like material. it is soft enough to the touch where I do not believe any harm will come to the passport but it is stiff and probably ensures the shape of the holster will stay intact throughout the life of the holster. It also most likely will provide some impact protection.

There are no instructions on if the passport is to go in screen out or towards you. I thought it may have mattered initially because the magnet of the flap may have also served as the sleep mode magnet, however, in looking at the camera cutout in the gray material it is clear that the holster is intended to accept the passport in either orientation.

The holster does not enclose any of the 4 corners of the passport. As can be seen in the pictures the top and bottom edge are cover but the vertical edge only has 50% of the device covered.

The swivel clip on the back of the holster is the same standard clip bb uses on all the holsters.

If you guys have any additional questions of things I may have missed just ask-

Picture time
    Attached Thumbnails Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4164.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4163.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4174.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4173.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4172.jpg  

Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4171.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4170.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4169.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4168.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4167.jpg  

Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4166.jpg   Official Passport Holster Review with High-def pics-img_4165.jpg  
    01-01-15 10:24 AM
    01-01-15 10:26 AM
    01-01-15 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the pics. Very nice case, still too expensive for my taste

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 10:59 AM
    OP. What is your personal opinion on the quality in comparison to holsters of the past like the Z30 OEM Leather Holster? Does BlackBerry have a leg to stand on in charging a premium or is it more of supply and demand?

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    01-01-15 11:46 AM
    Nice pictures! Honestly if not for the fact that I don't want this slab of a phone hanging off my belt I, would go for this. Looks well made and accompanies the looks of the passport quite well. OP, do you consider it money well spent? In the end that's all that matters!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:54 AM
    That is a nice looking holster.
    I would definitely be picking one up. But not at the current price.

I do like the flat style that they are going with the flap. Suits the Passport very nicely!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:56 AM
    I compared the passport holster to the q10 holster because I own both. I notice now that the gray canvas material of the passport one is the same as in the q10. That being said, the passport one has thicker and thinner parts made to contour the passport instead of being flat like for the q10. (for example the camera cut outs).

My opinion is that this passport holster is made to last. The leather even seems better quality than the q10 and the craftsmanship for how the flap closes and lines up is really nice.

I mean this obviously wont be for everyone- but the passport was not supposed to be a phone for everyone either. The holster works very well for what it is intended to do: hang the phone from your hip. For me it was worth it. I wanted a way to move the passport out of my pocket because the keys and all that nonsense are there. Yes I had the flip case but if you try using the phone with the flip case it is a pain in the ****. folding it back and all that made the passport feel very wrong in the hands. Also what I realized was having the phone in the same pocket as my car keyfob caused the keyfob to not be detected a few times- I don't like hassle.

Also for those that noticed, I tried a $20 special a few months ago and it never quite worked well. If you want a decent holster just put out for this and be done with it. It might be a little over priced but I also put out 100% for the phone so whats the difference. The cost savings of not doing a two year plan can be xfered to the cost of this holster a little.

Quality: excellent Recommended: if you can afford it and have reason
    j21jam6, GeoK, sheldonbk and 9 others like this.
    01-01-15 01:00 PM
    Fantastic review! Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport.
    01-01-15 01:08 PM
    Thanks very much, lohikaarme, for taking the time to share your impressions and so many detailed photos!!
    01-01-15 01:26 PM
    Nice photos, thank you for that!! Is it possible to take off the clip?
    Last edited by scullcy; 01-01-15 at 02:05 PM.
    01-01-15 01:49 PM
    Thanks for sharing...

That flap to open it is wayyyy to large. If you go to open that flap and you have a jacket on, good luck. Looks nice but I can see it being a hassle.

I liked the thin narrow leather flap of the Q10 oem holster. Then you can grip the phone AND release the flap in one motion. Here you will need to first open the flap and then grab the phone. Too much.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:55 PM
    Wow....(first impression after reading your post)

Can definitely see Doctors and others in the medical field sporting this due to their work attire.

I'm not the holster type, however, wanted to comment on this post as it has been somewhat controversial due to the price.

Have to admit, after seeing the pics and commentary, it actually looks really good!! Nice looking leather piece, that's for sure.

I like how the top half has the Stainless edges are exposed so that you can pick up the phone and slide it out (as opposed to the screen/back)

Thanks for the post, the review, and the pics. This will definitely help people.
    01-01-15 01:58 PM
    Thanks for sharing...

That flap to open it is wayyyy to large. If you go to open that flap and you have a jacket on, good luck. Looks nice but I can see it being a hassle.

I liked the thin narrow leather flap of the Q10 oem holster. Then you can grip the phone AND release the flap in one motion. Here you will need to first open the flap and then grab the phone. Too much.

Posted via CB10
    That thin leather flap on the Q10 holster looks pretty dumb though, this one looks good.

Definitely looks like a quality crafted product. Can't say if it's overpriced (time will tell), but we can safely say it's quite expensive.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:01 PM
    Sorry but what's the price? And how can I get one? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:03 PM
    Sorry but what's the price? And how can I get one? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    I believe on Shopblackberry.com it is about $150.00. Ouch!!
    01-01-15 02:07 PM
    Muchos thanks btw to the op! I can also buy no prob but did wonder tho if the case would be able to accommodate the oem hard shell as well and I u got my answer with pics! Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:17 PM
    Nice pics OP but such a ridiculous price for a case. BlackBerry and Chen should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much for a case.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:28 PM
    OP,

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate the details.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    01-01-15 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the nice pictures and the review.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    01-01-15 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the post. The holster does look very nice and high class. I'll wait for the price to come down a little and will definitely pick one up!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:45 PM
    The clip cannot come off but swivels 360 degrees. Same clip as on the q10 holster.

As far as price and source it is $150 and from shopblackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the post and pictures.
    The last two Q10 OEM Leather Swivel holsters I've purchased have had to be sent back because the glue that attaches the plastic swivel clip to the leather came undone.

One was from Amazon the other ShopBlackBerry.

I've since purchased the Passport and opted for a bookcase style carry cover.
    Have you noticed any wiggle or you may want to keep an eye on the glued clip area.

Not sure if my two Q10 cases were from old stock and the glue dried out, I just hope these new cases are made better.

Both failed inside a week.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418, Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3 Posted via CB10
    johnsoj2us likes this.
    01-01-15 03:10 PM
    Need a pic on your waist.
    01-01-15 03:30 PM
    I'll join the chorus those on here who have said good review and photos. Top notch!
    01-01-15 04:17 PM
102 123 ...