I love my new Passport and agree with John Chen's assessment that it is ideal for ebooks. So where the heck is the official Kindle app for the Passport?!? With the newly formed partnership with Amazon, I expected this most popular of ebook reader apps to be available!! When will it be released? This is an unbelievable oversight by BlackBerry!
    09-29-14 06:35 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I'm closing your other thread in Ask A Question and keeping this one open. Thanks.
    09-29-14 06:40 PM
    How is it an oversight by BlackBerry?? Geezus some of you in here need to relax a bit. It's up to amazon to make it available for the passport. Go and pester them to make a version that is compatible with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:02 PM
    Amazon video app, Amazon Music app?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:38 PM
    I use the Kindle Android app on my passport. It works flawlessly, downloaded from Snap.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    09-29-14 09:10 PM
    I use the Kindle Android app on my passport. It works flawlessly, downloaded from Snap.

That's not really the point OP is trying to make though. There's something funky going on with Amazon right now... the Kindle app was previously available on the Passport through the Amazon Appstore and now it's not, when really it should be give 1) The partnership and 2) The fact it works fine as you very well know. Snap isn't official, Amazon is. Why is there a disconnect? There's something going on right now with the Amazon App store.
    09-29-14 09:15 PM
    That's not really the point OP is trying to make though. There's something funky going on with Amazon right now... the Kindle app was previously available on the Passport through the Amazon Appstore and now it's not, when really it should be give 1) The partnership and 2) The fact it works fine as you very well know. Snap isn't official, Amazon is. Why is there a disconnect? There's something going on right now with the Amazon App store.
    True. The only thing I can think of is that it and certain other apps have been pulled for further optimisation for BlackBerry 10 and perhaps the passport in particular. It wouldn't surprise me if the fire phone had a pumped up version of the Android Kindle app and we're getting that one. I only suggested the one on snap as a solution to OP's problem. If he hasn't got Snap, then just install the 1mobile app. I know it's an extra step that shouldn't need to be taken, but it takes one minute to install 1mobile but it takes several minutes to create a thread then keep checking for replies. Wotcha gonna do?

At the end of the day, Amazon will be a law unto themselves so it's best not to be reliant on any one source of APK's.

09-30-14 12:35 AM