08-18-18 08:03 AM
1,209 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    All you guys so lucky man. I was going to buy one from a friend's store as soon as they hit local stores. Met with an accident and got my right hand fractured. Cast stays on for 6 weeks. Have to wait now, medical expense just swooped too :/ this is so torturous.
    09-30-14 12:40 PM
    I get told that by my teenagers all the time.
    In this case though, I'm just really frustrated. For me, this is a less productive tool than I was hoping for. Additionally, because of the pain in my hands, I can't just shrug and go buy a slab phone. Yes, I could go with an option that's 100% voice-to-text, but I know someone who has got to use that kind of solution, and it's definitely less productive than what I'd be hoping for.
    Keep in mind, I said from the start that there's a lot to like about the phone. ... But my "weird" dislike for the keyboard is just as valid as those of you who think it's the best thing ever.
    You should return the phone immediately. No point settling for a phone less desired. Did you have a Z30 before?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 01:11 PM
    I don't have a better option, which is part of why I'm frustrated. I was using a Del Venue Pro, which was barely limping along.
    With respect to the Z30, I mentioned previously, I have nerve damage in my hands, and can't type on slab phones without it causing pain in my fingertips.
    Will give this the several more weeks, to adjust to the keyboard. Probably will have to go with the Classic, if it comes out soon. However, based on what I have seen, the screen size of the Classic is still pretty small.

You should return the phone immediately. No point settling for a phone less desired. Did you have a Z30 before?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:20 PM
    I don't have a better option, which is part of why I'm frustrated. I was using a Del Venue Pro, which was barely limping along.
    With respect to the Z30, I mentioned previously, I have nerve damage in my hands, and can't type on slab phones without it causing pain in my fingertips.
    Will give this the several more weeks, to adjust to the keyboard. Probably will have to go with the Classic, if it comes out soon. However, based on what I have seen, the screen size of the Classic is still pretty small.
    In that case I'm sure once you get the hang of it, it won't be so bad. I remember transitioning to an touch screen iphone 5 after using blackberries for so long, and then back to the Q10 after that. It takes a week or so. Give us feedback after another week and see if you still feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:33 PM
    Hopefully. ... Except that pecking on virtual glass keyboards is physically painful.
    Still, there's a lot about the phone that's good. For example, I suspect you could sit down with it in you back pocket, and never worry about bending. Also, the sound quality is good, the camera is much better than the last phone I had, and the images on the screen are like watching a HD TV.

In that case I'm sure once you get the hang of it, it won't be so bad. I remember transitioning to an touch screen iphone 5 after using blackberries for so long, and then back to the Q10 after that. It takes a week or so. Give us feedback after another week and see if you still feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:51 PM
    I got really lucky! After trying a couple of Telus stores that won't sell outright, since I'm on bell, found and add on kijiji this morning. Guy had just posted. 600, he even sent me IMEI by sms before we met so I order unlock code.

Coming from z30 and nexus 5, getting used to kb, but lovely phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:48 PM
    Lucky you!
    09-30-14 06:11 PM
    Awesome! Received it today...had a software update waiting as well...so far so good.
    10-01-14 12:27 AM
    How is the Passport as a phone ?
    10-01-14 01:02 AM
    [Sorry for my bad English]
    You guys are so Lucky.. i'm still waiting for my Passport (Ordered in France on shopblackberry the 09/25). I check my mail probably 20 times per day for my "tracking informations", I can't wait!

Here in France the BlackBerry is Sold Out, we can only pre-order it: and some guys sell it for 1000€ (the normal price is 650€ approx) on internet. That's Fword' crazy!

So.. i have to be patient & stay cool: they already "charged my bank account" (?) i just need to waiting for the delevery man!
    Ramchi likes this.
    10-01-14 09:41 AM
    Just got my Passport. Love at first sight
    10-01-14 02:03 PM
    Finally

Official "I got my Passport" Thread-img_20141001_232810.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:28 PM
    Great battery and call quality.
    10-01-14 04:51 PM
    Congratulations you happy owners!!!!
    10-01-14 06:09 PM
    Hi, congrats everyone on you new phones. I wondered if anyone was running the phone on Fido? If I buy one outright, will it work?
    10-01-14 07:55 PM
    Got mine! It's fantastic.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    10-01-14 08:04 PM
    Showed my wife the passport today. She thought it was a new tablet with a built in keyboard. A wifi only passport would be super.
    10-01-14 09:17 PM
    I got my passport and it is so awesome!!!!!

Posted with my awesome passports!!!!
    10-02-14 10:01 AM
    That's how I felt when unboxing my Passport this morning!

Official "I got my Passport" Thread-my-precious.jpg
    WWBlondieDo and Snap51 like this.
    10-02-14 10:38 AM
    That's how I felt when unboxing my Passport this morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My-precious.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	302523
    I LOL'd. :-)

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    10-02-14 01:24 PM
    Just made it to the passport club
    10-02-14 01:43 PM
    Got it today! Loving it so far.

This kb is fantastic. Takes little getting used to, working on how to flick up the suggested words properly.

Posted from my Passport!
    10-02-14 06:11 PM
    I got my passport today loving it looks solid powerful and unique hope one day we get full google play App Store.
    10-02-14 06:43 PM
    I tried to bend it it would not bend like iPhone 6 so it's a yes from me.
    10-02-14 06:52 PM
    Yes baby. It's here. Lovely. Just a few hours new. Telus. Canada.
    It's hip to be square.

Line up all the devices you want: Samsung, Apple, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc......they all look the freakin' same. Rectangles with rounded edges or corners.

You have to give it to BB for thinking outside the box. A special nod to Nokia who has also made unique devices distinguishing it from the herd.

BB10 and Flow will take some getting used to. I became an iHerd sheep for Google and Apple smartphones over the past few years. I had a BB 9900 a few years back. That keyboard was gold. I don't think the Pp keyboard is as excellent, however, it is still solid and has not taken me too long to feel comfortable. Just a few hours in fact. I'm sure it will only get better day after day. Perhaps not faster than a virtual keyboard, but since I type with more precision, I'd say overall efficiency increases and then eventually speed...so yeah...faster....eventually.

Hope to read up on on how to change or set certain things I like. Enjoy and congrats to all of you who have or will get a Pp.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-02-14 09:45 PM
1,209 ... 7891011 ...