08-18-18 08:03 AM
1,209 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Got it!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:01 AM
    Nice, I got my yesterday. Mind you I have had most all the major phones and have two new iPhone as we speak. Im a big fan of tech no matter who makes it and am tired of all the fan club type review i see that start with a bias . I really hope this device catches on because it deserves to. I think Cnet did the most realistic review I saw yesterday. If Entertainment ,games and social media is your primary there are no doubt endless choices better than passport. If you want a solid,professional, quality device to be productive with frankly Passport has few peers. In my view its that simple. The all things to all people fight can go on forever between Apple and Samsung with each it unique pros and cons.
    Passport was the kind of device i was hoping to see one day. A real high quality no nonsense option for people on the go! I love it. I had the Porsche model a couple years ago and remember telling everyone who saw it that it was my all time favorite device. Then BB did not include it in the OS 10 releases........dumb. So not withstanding they don't blow this opportunity like say by having to have people fight to get one from low inventories, to no carrier support. Get this thing in the hands of interested people fast and painless and the word of mouth will spread. PS it does not help when shopping all the US carriers not a single person in a full week with all the launch press even knew what I was talking about when I asked about Passport!! ALL to a man said we don't carry BB!! Work needs to be done here or this this is doomed no matter how good it is. Again for the record this really is a wonderful device that does what i use it for better than any other device. If your use is like mine which is what the company itself says it made it for and your on the fence, jump off and go get one. You wont be disappointed .
    Having said that the only thing driving me nuts is the calendar. My Ipad and Mac pro calendars don't sync correctly, triple up or not at all? Anyone who can help I would appreciate your email or reply
    09-28-14 11:36 AM
    Picked up a Passport at Oakridge Mall (Vancouver) after work yesterday and have been very happy so far. I think coming from the 9900, the screen is less jarring. I imagine moving from a widescreen device to the square screen would require some major adjustments. Keyboard has been good and I haven't really found the soft keys above to be a detriment at all. Watching video is a bit retro with the severe letter-boxing but everything is clear and visible. Only two annoyances that I have found, I hate that there is a briefly visible character when entering a password and media files wouldn't play natively even though they should have the supported codecs but that was solved with KalemSoft.
    09-28-14 01:40 PM
    grats to everyone who got their Passports!

how about pockets? left inner pocket of a formal suit? where do you put it?
    09-29-14 02:54 AM
    Those comments from people bashing the passport without having the experience of holding one in their hands get me nuts.....
    09-29-14 06:38 AM
    Wow. Pretty strong words.
    Clearly, a demonstration of the limitations of forums as a communication medium. First, let's look at the doom that I mentioned: gout and shingles. ... Especially gout. ... Pain in one's big toe. ... And both are conditions which typically don't hit you until you're well into your 70's. ... Was I saying that I wish they'd get gout or shingles, or was the message perhaps a bit more nuanced ... that I ***really** am unhappy am unhappy and feel let down by their design choice?
    Maybe I should have gone for slightly more absurd and said, "I hope they wake up with their beds infested with camel fleas." If I said, that, would I have really been hoping that somehow camel fleas would infest their beds?
    No. Of course not. But I am very unhappy with them.
    Here's why. John Chen made it very clear that they were listening to their core business customers.
    I think that as much as innovation is awesome, what the customers were universally asking for can be boiled down to this: they wanted a modern phone with the traditional keyboard, and a large touch screen. We can all agree that there are lots of other things that were also important, probably beginning with apps, and also including things like a good battery life, good camera, and so on.
    Unfortunately, what they have just delivered was a phone with an awesome large screen that is also unfortunately not well suited for some needs, because it lacks a wide landscape view, and a physical QWERTY screen that (while admittedly cool and innovative) diminishes what's good about physical keyboards. ... And the next phone on the way has the good keyboard, but lacks a large screen.
    To me (and I know some will disagree) it won't be until some time in 2015 that they wll finally be producing a phone that might combine those two basic elements (BlackBerry 'Visa' and 'Victoria' could be the next devices with interesting keyboards | CrackBerry.com) and even then, there's no certainty that they might not opt to include a variant of the Passport keyboard.
    Now, let me be 100% clear. I will be amused if the developers get camel fleas, because it's so absurd. ... But I will also hope that a quick call to some pest control pro takes care of it. And wish respect to Gout and Shingles, I do not literally wish for them to get those ailments. ... However, if they happen to get these ailments in their old age, I do hope that they have read this thread, think it's mildly funny, and wish to themselves that they had released a phone with a large screen and a more traditional keyboard before releasing the Passport.
    With respect to me being a despicable person, I certainly have plenty of character flaws and shortcomings. I don't know that anyone who knows me has ever considered me despicable, but I certainly am taking your comments under advisement, and will try to remember to include a winking emoticon in the future if I think that there's any questions as to how my comments will be interpreted.

Wow just wow at this, u don't wish I'll on anyone but yet if the person who designed the 3 row keyboard falls ill...u would take some comfort in that??!!!

What a thoroughly despicable human you are and I don't say that lightly.

Ok so it seems this phone isn't for you which is fine, this phone isn't for everyone...that much has been proven by the reactions of people.

But don't think for one second that this 3 row keyboard was foisted upon us, BlackBerry have given people a choice. A choice that maybe in hindsight u should have been more careful ie try before you buy etc. You make it sound like BlackBerry forced you to buy this phone.

I've heard some stupid things from people regarding the passport on here but you...take the proverbial biscuit.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:50 AM
    Just got mine!!!
    Christoph_VDP likes this.
    09-29-14 08:54 AM
    Will be picking mine up this week. Have researched the options (classic if I am looking for a 4 row keyboard), informed myself of the three row keyboard, which I feel will get some time getting accustom to coming from a Z10 but will be a gem in the long run. The OS is the best on the market. The two things I am most excited about are the large wide screen and the touch enabled keyboard. Again know it will take time for me to feel comfortable with it. I tried one at Telus and liked the weight and premium feel. Looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Adif_70; 09-29-14 at 10:35 AM.
    09-29-14 10:10 AM
    After 1 day with the phone, I hate the new keyboard so much I can feel the anger internally at the design team. I don't begrudge them the right to be innovative, but I would leave this phone in a heartbeat for a comparable device that offered 4 rows of keys.

As Kevin more politely referenced in his video review, the addition of virtual options is not necessarily an improvement over what one wants in a keyboard experience.

I have a very slow fuse, and am not prone to being easily angered, but this has me frustrated. People *begged* for a phone with a large screen and a standard BlackBerry keyboard. If they had only come out with a classic that had a larger screen, or released the new (rumored) phone with the hidden keyboard first,and included 4 rows of keys, that would have been preferable, from my perspective.

I am coming to grips with learning a new operating system that isn't 100% intuitive. If this thing offered traditional keyboard, I would absolutely love the phone. As it is, I'm unhappy enough that I am open to the idea of sending this back and trying to find a like new Dell Venue Pro to use for the indefinite future. (Which is hardly a practical solution.)

I don't wish ill on anyone, but if the person who came up with the 3 row idea happened to get gout, shingles, or some other moderately painful/inconveniencing (yet treatable) ailment, I'd take some comfort that perhaps he/she is being fairly punished for foisting this design feature upon us.

Before I end my rant, I'll say that the shift key would be much better if it were at least a little wider. And my preference would be for the shift to automatically insert a period, and not an @ sign. That would be more useful. Maybe that's something I can reprogram. I haven't checked.

I know a lot of you are already in love with this phone, and I admit that there's a lot about it to like. I just don't know if I will ever get over the keyboard issue.
    you're weird dude
    09-29-14 11:41 AM
    My lovely Passport arrived on Friday, September 26, 2014, and I LOVE IT!! It's big, bold, & beautiful!
    09-29-14 11:46 AM
    I've had mine since Friday, a truly unique device that will be my device of choice for the foreseeable future.
    09-29-14 01:48 PM
    I got mine he day after it launched, so the 25. I'm still so impressed by how it was put on sale that same day... Really impressive move by John Chen, and the fact that it's discounted in the U.S.? I was one happy guy.
    09-29-14 02:48 PM
    Finally got my passport from selfridges UK. Took the plunge and migrated from my iPhone after taking in all the advice from you good folk on the crackberry forums. Have to admit that I love it to bits and am in no way disappointed in any way. It's battery is phenomenal, the wifi is kickass as I get signal at deadspots in my home. The keyboard is going to take a bit of time to get used to but I will persevere. I've also managed to load most of the important apps I was after.

I feel a few sleepless nights coming. Ordered a 64 gb card so it will soon be a media powerhouse as well.

Thanks peeps!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:13 PM
    Got mine this morning. I'm really enjoying it.
    09-29-14 07:36 PM
    A bit pre-emptive given the back order status, but I ordered mine today. Can only be jealous for now Hopefully won't be too long........
    09-29-14 08:06 PM
    Picked mine up from a Telus affiliate in Halifax this afternoon. Got it for $100 on a 2yr contract
    09-29-14 09:04 PM
    $100? Really. Doesn't sound correct. I thought it was $200 on contract from Telus. Did you get some discounts?

Picked mine up from a Telus affiliate in Halifax this afternoon. Got it for $100 on a 2yr contract
    09-29-14 09:12 PM
    Here too in Mexico!

I received it today, well, after paying $150 more for custom duties IT really WORTH!

All my collagues said: is that a Blackberry? Feels good in hands but too square... Iphone 5s, LG G2 and Galaxy S4... none of this was able to show any hardware innovation for consumers like Passport!

Maybe i will switch it for white one when it goes in the market.

Poor Z30...
    09-29-14 09:12 PM
    I'm in! All in! And, I'm quite impressed. Phone is awesome. Blend is awesome, tested on PC, iMac, iPad and all working great. Blend actually gives that BB Bridge type of connectivity and then some. All in all, BB hit it out of the park I think.
    09-29-14 09:34 PM
    I loveeeeeeeeeeee my BlackBerry passport!!!!! Best BlackBerry in years

Pin: 2BD8B320 Channels: C00121E43
    09-29-14 10:09 PM
    I had sleepless nights prior and after the passport launch dates...
    09-29-14 10:28 PM
    Just received mine! Great! It's a learning curve but loving it!
    09-30-14 12:37 AM
    i got it - Je l'ai reu
    09-30-14 07:42 AM
    Got mine over the weekend..
    09-30-14 09:11 AM
    I get told that by my teenagers all the time.
    In this case though, I'm just really frustrated. For me, this is a less productive tool than I was hoping for. Additionally, because of the pain in my hands, I can't just shrug and go buy a slab phone. Yes, I could go with an option that's 100% voice-to-text, but I know someone who has got to use that kind of solution, and it's definitely less productive than what I'd be hoping for.
    Keep in mind, I said from the start that there's a lot to like about the phone. ... But my "weird" dislike for the keyboard is just as valid as those of you who think it's the best thing ever.

you're weird dude
    09-30-14 12:24 PM
1,209 ... 678910 ...