10-18-20 12:14 PM
1,257 ... 495051
tools
    Local Nigerian jet setter walks in to a phone repair shop. Shows the technician and asks, can you please install Whatsapp for me on this phone? Technician replies politely, "I don't know how BlackBerry's works!" he announces proudly. I listen attentively while browsing another section of the repair shop and casually ask the Nigerian, "Ey, what is that?". He replies, "My useless old Blackberry! I can't even Whatsapp!!!". I look at the phone and am so mesmerized by what I seen as I've never seen a BlackBerry Passport before. I then suddenly, without even thinking, "So give it to me!", I say jokingly. Nigerian looks at me, and says, "Take it... you can have it". Four days later, after siting through three days of security wiping which got stuck, then Autoloading BB10 OS, and I can proudly say I'm having the time of my life. It even had a screen protector and looks new! I've bought Many phones in my life and this one, that I didn't even buy, is the best Damn phone I've ever owned!!! Thank you Nigerian jetsetter
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often....
    Rico4you and CrystalDunes like this.
    07-24-20 06:17 AM
    My KEY 2 LE is basically bricked, it won't turn on, will not charge, so sad for a phone i have only had for little over a year. So i have an old Classic i might go back to using but i cannot fathom the idea of going back to that phone, however i am wondering if i should get an old Passport? I know someone who went from a Passport to a Key 2 LE like mine, i could probably get it. Also notice there are some new ones still available.
    09-10-20 04:51 PM
    First post, first BB. Brand new unlocked passport for $220. Have been looking for a few months but wanting one for a lot longer.

Currently trying to figure out the best messaging option for an Asia Pacific expat.
    10-17-20 12:28 AM
    Currently trying to figure out the best messaging option for an Asia Pacific expat.
    You would be looking at plain old sms as best, then maybe Telegram or WhatsApp. The latter two are, of course, android apps only anymore. WhatsApp is here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ and Telegram can be obtained in various places but I like this one: https://f-droid.org/repo/org.telegra...nger_20655.apk
    10-17-20 11:12 AM
    First post, first BB. Brand new unlocked passport for $220. Have been looking for a few months but wanting one for a lot longer.

Welcome to CrackBerry!!!! Post early and post often.....

I endorse brookie229 suggestions. They’re pretty much it anymore...
    10-17-20 11:31 AM
    No Skype option then? Looking into the two you suggested.
    10-18-20 03:20 AM
    No Skype option then? Looking into the two you suggested.
    Pretty sure Skype no longer works but I may be corrected. Last time I used it (maybe 2-3 years ago) it chewed my battery up so much that I had to uninstall it.
    10-18-20 12:14 PM
1,257 ... 495051