11-26-18 03:37 PM
1,217 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    My wife just got hers from the company its such a nice device BUT i may not touch it , im stuck with my Z30
    08-23-15 10:27 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is hands down the best BlackBerry I've ever owned. It's also the most expensive BlackBerry I've ever owned lol.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread-img_20150821_142605.jpg

Posted via Passport SE
    08-24-15 08:14 AM
    I'm the first one... Well, I didn't like emails in windows 8.1 that much. It was just ok.
    Windows 10 just made them (emails) better. Everything just seemed to be done right this time.
    Actually a lot of things felt just right after I upgraded to windows 10. Had no need for 3rd party apps. All default pre-installed, or downloadable apps made by microsoft were just made almost exactly as if I've wanted them to be.

To correct myself, with blackberry there's just a specific part about emails that I don't like. Which is when you have an email conversation. Personally it's just seems way harder to look at (navigate) previous messages of the same conversation.
    I am halfway to getting use to it.

I like design. I like the keyboard. I like the screen. And OS is starting to grow on me more and more with each passing day.

I could live with it, I'd like to keep it, BUT there are other two factors which I look for in the phone. That is camera and GPS.
    Nokia/microsoft has the best of both in mobile market. Camera on the passport really left me dissapointed. It does not come even close to lumia's and it only seems like it just could go toe to toe with the quality of my nokia e6 camera.

I've already listed it for sale, and have some people interested in passport and I think I'm going to sell it.
    I like it. Would really like to keep it, BUT it cost double what I payed for lumia 1520.... If at least the camera was decent on passport I would keep it. But now I just can't justify it. Will have to come back to it when it's priced around 300USD or less (only because of keyboard and design).

Now a disclaimer part:
    I've had passport for a short time. Less than a week.
    Really like it's looks. Would see myself using it for a long long time, just like I did with Motorola V8 until it got stolen
    I like the keyboard very much and like the shortcuts (just like my nokia e6).
    I'm using OS version 10.3.1.....
    I own a DSLR.
    Hi Yipikaye,

As mentioned, to me your the first that wasn't happy with the email possibilities . I gues there are many more. I just didn't met one before. I hope you find the right buyer. As far as your email wishes I know there different options how to deal with follow up mails. But your selling so no need to go into that. Any clue on what you gonna buy when you have sold it?

Posted via my Awesome Passport or still going strong Z30
    08-25-15 08:28 PM
    I'm thinking of ordering mine closer to September. I was wondering what the community might think of someone thinking of getting their first Blackberry device. I'll be switching over from an iPhone 5S. Reading some of the posts on Crackberry their seems to be a lot of uncertainty regarding Blackberry's future. Is it worth investing in an OS and a brand who's future is held in the balance?
    08-26-15 11:13 AM
    I was also using an iphone 5s before getting my BB Passport. Boy, it's such a joy to use! It's a refreshing take on how I see my emails and browsing experience (coming from a phone with very narrow and small screen).

Regarding the OS and apps: well, it all comes down to personal preference. If you rely too much on apps easily available from the app store, maybe you should rethink and read more reviews and posts. In my case, I'm not really into games and apps, just the essential ones.

I'm also planning to buy a backup tablet (ipad mini) just in case I miss the usual apps I used to use.

I fell in love with the Passport's keyboard and form factor (it's so elegant and unique!). Immediately bought one and am happy with it!
    bestee likes this.
    08-27-15 02:01 AM
    Hi cyberadje,

Don't know how to quote in this forum.
    I've already sold passport. My brother is keeping his (RED one). I'll sure comeback to it when price is right for me.

Currently I'm using brother's lumia 1020 and just bought Q10 with faulty keyboard, but great condition with accessories and spare battery from ebay and also bought a refurbished keyboard rev.1 if that says anything to you (it doesn't to me ).

So Q10 will cost me about 100EUROS (including keyboard) which is like 113USD.
    I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but I could also justify buying classic.
    Maybe I'll sell q10 too, maybe I'll keep it for good.
    Before all this I had nokia E6 up until 2015 march. I've only decided to upgrade because of lag.
    If I get used to Q10 having no toolbelt it may be my primary phone for years to come.

Still need my physical keyboard fix.

So what about those follow up emails?

P.S. by the time I sold passport it really had grown on me. Will definitelly buy one again when time is right.
    08-27-15 03:21 AM
    Hi Yipikaye,

Good to hear you were able to sell your Passport. Cause it would have been a shame if you wish to part from it and you can't seem to sell it.

Second, good job on the Q10, I still do own one. And replacing the keyboard isn't that hard.

This little movie on YouTube shows you how to perform the repair.

About the email follow-up. In my case when I receive an email and I reply to it, it places the original text inside the email. It's optional and you can turn it off. Either way it shows the correspondence you have had with that person. I know there are options inside the email part of the hub were you can change it's performance. I'll try to look into it today.

Good luck with the keyboard replacement.

Ps: if you use the CB app, press the text you wish to quote and from the right a bar with options moves in. It will tell you wish one if for quoting.

Posted via my Awesome Passport or still going strong Z30*+!
    08-29-15 08:41 AM
    I got my PP today ... !!! I was totally uncertain about getting a PP or a Classic and made it a game, if I would reach the store in time, as it was to close within next half hour - I would get it ... otherwise return to the other store, where they did have the SE and a lot of Classics and had later opening hours and then get a Classic - honestly the keyboard of the SE thrilled me, it's softer - but the design wasn't mine ...

So I reached in time and got a PP BLACK ;-) !!!

Just loaded my first available update onto 10.3.1.1779 - but how do I get the next ones hm ??
    have an unlocked phone in Europe
    peterburns likes this.
    08-29-15 01:18 PM
    Attachment 345105

I can't believe it took me this long to notice this - if you look closely at the spacebars, you can tell it is inverted on the production version, while it isn't and aligns with the rest of the keys in the preproduction version!
    bestee likes this.
    08-30-15 01:31 AM
    I had a passport....stupidly traded it for a P9982.......huge mistake! It's has taken me months of trading and selling different phones to make my way back to what I really want. I went to an S4, then a 9900, then my old HTC Google Nexus, back to an S4 that ended up getting a virus. I am back to the Passport as of last night.....unfortch I think the seller screwed me on it because he first told me it was locked to BELL and I went to get it unlocked online and the unlock service can't find the code. Once I get this unlocked, I will never leave the Passport again! Just setting it up was like coming home to comfort. Best phone ever!
    mbamd and peterburns like this.
    09-03-15 11:57 AM
    The most expensive BlackBerry I have ever owned and by far the best mobile phone I have ever owned.

Posted via CA Governor's BB Passport SE *
    09-04-15 03:23 PM
    Hi all, new here.
    Just ordered mine today, a silver edition. Any tricks or tips for a beginner? Coming from a Galaxy Note Edge.
    09-04-15 10:31 PM
    I got mine the other day. It was complete hell to get but I have it and it was so worth it! Att literally tried talking me out of it and gave me he'll to get it. Long story short I walked out with a note 5 because they didn't have any in stock. Which lasted a few days because it ran like ****. As most android devices these days. I finally found someone at att they hunted one down and got it to me quickly. When I went to pick it up there were other customers in the store interested in it. How is att going to have an exclusive phone and not have one in the store?? Not even on display. I'm sure that's not helping BlackBerry sales. It may not fit everyone's need but how is someone able to make that decision? More of a rhetorical question. I'm just glad to have it. Oh it's also my first BlackBerry phone.
    09-06-15 10:17 PM
    Welcome to the club krissie5602.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    krissie5602 likes this.
    09-06-15 10:32 PM
    had an og pp, just got an se pp this week (arrived the same day my new us passport id haha). well worth the 'upgrade', imo.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread-l1000526.jpg
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread-l1000432.jpg

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    09-07-15 12:30 AM
    Quick question. Has anybody tried to use Google Voice with this puppy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
    09-07-15 12:41 PM
    Quick question. Has anybody tried to use Google Voice with this puppy?
    For outgoing Google Voice calls I use BlaCaDa. It is well integrated with the Contacts.
    Christian Galdames likes this.
    09-07-15 03:55 PM
    Got my SE yesterday, going to spend a little time today setting up. Loading Google Play, putting my apps back, etc. Now I just need UPS to deliver my tmo sim!
    09-10-15 08:38 AM
    In the US is my only carrier options for the PP AT&T & T-Mobile?
    09-10-15 02:03 PM
    You can use any GSM-based carrier. Tmo and ATT do work. Verizon, Sprint do not. There are dozens of small regional carriers that it will work with. Just search for GSM carriers in the US. As long as the voice technology is not CDMA, you're good to go.
    09-10-15 02:28 PM
    Finally got my PP working. I must say typing on a real keyboard is going to take some getting used to again. It feels strange now days.
    mizzez93 likes this.
    09-14-15 02:11 PM
    Just picked up my Passport! Awesome! It feels weird,coming from a tiny Lumia 630. But soo nice!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:32 PM
    I got my passport since Monday. Wife get hers yesterday. I put away Nokia Lumia 1520 and BB Q10; wife put away iPhone 5 and Sony Z1 Compact. Passports replaced it all. I had like year and a half of pause from BB (as IT turned off our BES) and I am back on it with lot of pleasure. Best phone I ever had (and competition is very strong).
    09-18-15 05:47 AM
    Hi all,

I got my Passport since last week. This is my first BlackBerry, i switched from Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-22-15 05:39 AM
    Replaces my blackberry. No more fingerprints! Although the speakers got some whooshing sound...Official "I got my Passport" Thread-pict0024.jpgOfficial "I got my Passport" Thread-pict0027.jpg
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-23-15 09:09 AM
1,217 ... 3132333435 ...