Well, I haven't been on these forums in a while...but I thought I'd post up (albeit late) that I upgraded my Bold 9780 to a Passport on October 22nd, 2014. It'll be my 3rd BlackBerry device now; my first being a Curve 8310 over 7 years ago. So it's been about 2.5 weeks now with the Passport and I absolutely love it.

For me, it sort of is my passport to what I need to get done. I don't play games. I don't take selfies. I don't post photos. I don't need social media apps. What I do need, is to run my business efficiently; I need e-mail, text, access to news websites, I need to see PDFs, to view charts and graphs, speakerphone...and the Passport suits me perfectly. Love it.
    Bonnie Bonzai and csiguy1 like this.
    11-09-14 07:55 PM
    Well, I haven't been on these forums in a while...but I thought I'd post up (albeit late) that I upgraded my Bold 9780 to a Passport on October 22nd, 2014. It'll be my 3rd BlackBerry device now; my first being a Curve 8310 over 7 years ago. So it's been about 2.5 weeks now with the Passport and I absolutely love it.

For me, it sort of is my passport to what I need to get done. I don't play games. I don't take selfies. I don't post photos. I don't need social media apps. What I do need, is to run my business efficiently; I need e-mail, text, access to news websites, I need to see PDFs, to view charts and graphs, speakerphone...and the Passport suits me perfectly. Love it.
    There's no unwritten rule that states taking selfies and posting photos in general with a BlackBerry is a no-no. That goes for games and other media. You're allowed to use the device for your enjoyment. Doesn't all have to be work. Hope you're enjoying it either way

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-09-14 09:32 PM
    I got my passport! But then I forgot I need to get a nano sim so all I can do is look at it until I can get a chance to go get a nano SIM from TMO. Booo.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-09-14 10:17 PM
    I got my passport! But then I forgot I need to get a nano sim so all I can do is look at it until I can get a chance to go get a nano SIM from TMO. Booo.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't realize I needed a nano sim until two or three days before it arrived lol.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-10-14 06:16 AM
    Mine just got delivered, via Vodacom South Africa
    11-10-14 06:20 AM
    Finally got snap installed, so I'm happy about that, but now all the music I transferred with device switch don't work, they all say "local file missing". If I can get this figured out I may be all set.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 06:47 PM
    I believe you are best to drain your battery to below 10% before fully charging. At least that's what I have done with my Passport and have gotten fantastic life out if it. Don't think it's a good idea to charge when at a higher percent.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-11-14 09:29 PM
    Got the Beast today. Went into AT&T and everyone wanted to see it. They were all impressed. Just popped in a sim card and everything worked great with 4G etc. Now to set it up like I want it. WOW is all that I can say.
    11-12-14 07:34 PM
    I got my nano SIM! Now I can enjoy my passport. What an amazing device. Android apps seem to launch and run with ease, just like they are supposed to. The screen is so fantasticly big, love it. Typing on it is taking some getting used to though.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:43 PM
    Got the Beast today. Went into AT&T and everyone wanted to see it. They were all impressed. Just popped in a sim card and everything worked great with 4G etc. Now to set it up like I want it. WOW is all that I can say.
    11-12-14 09:10 PM
    I already got mine and waited for the TETDED Dijon-II leather case. The LED indicator hole in the case is perfectly placed.

TETDED Premium Leather Case for BlackBerry Passport -- Dijon II (Venus: Espresso Brown/Dark Brown Duo Croc) W/Sleep Mode Function - TETDED LIMITED
    11-13-14 11:18 PM
    Finally I got mine!!! Woohoo!!
    It feels premium, especially compared to the z10 (not that the z10 feels cheap).
    The screen is great, but the keyboard+virtual needs some getting to use to.
    11-14-14 04:00 AM
    I'm starting to love it after fixing a few problems, however I don't like where the virtual number keys are located, they are hard to reach. They should be on the right side of the screen like a real keyboard with the number keypad. Hate that the zero is at the top. I also don't like how the radio stations are not labeled, they only list the station number, not the name making it difficult to find a station if you only know the name and not the channel. Other than those 2 things so far I'm happy with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 05:52 AM
    Ordered my passport Nov 11th received it today, Nov 14th! Considering I'm in Delta on the sw Coast of BC that is awesome service, just charging it up now

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:28 PM
    Finally! I got it now, picked it up this Tuesday (here in Sweden). It's a little marvel of engineering. This device is going to win design awards.
    Bonnie Bonzai and AndyYNWA like this.
    11-14-14 03:40 PM
    I got mine yesterday, late afternoon. Between last evening and this afternoon, it's all set up and operational. I'm blown away by both the size and the apparent build quality. It's operation is very smooth and the UI is really intuitive. I, for one, don't find the size to be a problem. In fact, I can do most everything I need to do with one hand. The appearance of the Hub is very clean. I like it.

I'm thrilled.
    11-16-14 05:31 PM
    I've just received my Passport today, after waiting for two weeks! Now I'm just having fun playing with the phone and enjoying the great physical keyboard. So far so good!
    11-17-14 09:05 AM
    After a week with the Passport I decided it's not for me and I'll give it back.

It's huge and heavy and I like it but after 6 months of Z30 I am soooo slow in typing.
    Compared to the all touch it's impossible to me to be as fast.

Also, I don't like too much the square display. Audio is no better than Z30 neither are speakers.

I'll go back to Z30: now I know it's the smartest of all phones...

11-17-14 02:08 PM
    And I am really, really glad about it.

I had a Samsung Galaxy 551 before. That phone already had a hardware keyboard. But there are a lot of things, the phone had problems with: GPS, battery life, system crashes and so on. At the end, the display connecting wire was broken (display remained black).

The crazy thing is: I had a lof of apps to get the Samsung to a point I liked it. I had to install a Bluetooth Addon, CalDav and Carddav support, a better browser, MyPhone Explorer and so on. The Passport has this already brought by Blackberry. I have less apps installed compared to my old phone.

And it runs
    11-17-14 02:39 PM
    Couldn't resist. Ended up buying myself a birthday present from Amazon. Beautiful phone. Took a few days to get used to the spacing of the keys coming from my Q10. No other phone comes close to this productivity beast. I loved my Q10 for ripping off emails, this passport makes it even more enjoyable. Thanks BlackBerry. Keep moving.

One thing, after sideloading Snap, I have all the essential apps that I need. E.g. Fitbit, Starbucks, Aconex, The free dictionary from farlax, Ebay (better than BlackBerry World app).

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:56 PM
    Mine is coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!
    11-17-14 10:05 PM
    Coming from many android phones I currently had an HTC M8. Very nicely built phone, but I was having some issues with both the phone and Verizon so I started looking at options. Almost got the new Sony Z3, but in my search came across the passport. I was very intrigued, I love things that push the envelope and really appreciated the industrial design of the phone. I've had it for 3 days now. The keyboard took some getting used to, but now I love it. I'm a convert, I love this phone. I don't think I could go back to the slim phones anymore. It's very possible we are looking at the beginning of the next wave in mobile phones 1:1 aspect ratio.

Great job Blackberry, I hope with the resurgence of this phone it means more apps and support for the platform.
    11-18-14 09:40 AM
    OK, long time BlackBerry die hard fan here. Used almost every legacy BlackBerry device all the way back to the 7250. Then the 7130e, 8130, 8330, 9000, 9500, 8520, 8900, 9100, 9360, 9900, 9790 and then I switched to the dark side (Apple) which I have to admit, it has been awesome. All the apps I want, great cameras, simplistic OS, etc. But now I use very few apps, take fewer photos and all I want is a phone that gets me working.

So...

And then BlackBerry said "let there be the Passport" and here we have, the Passport, and BlackBerry saw that the Passport was good. And BlackBerry separated the Passport from the other smartphones.

I have to say that I'm back, I'm officially a crackberry again.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    bborgimicks likes this.
    11-18-14 10:08 AM
    I got my Passport!!!!! It's like spongebob with a tuxedo!!!!
    nglfmark likes this.
    11-18-14 06:01 PM
    My Passport arrived today, finally just giving it a rest from app installing and general fiddling with now.

Long time Android user (and still a fan of it), I have found myself using more Android apps than I figured I would so far, but eventually some good looking and functioning alternatives may show up I hope. Installing Snap was easy and using my old backed up .apk files form my Android phone worked a treat as well.

Slowly getting used to the keyboard and the best way to hold it to not mistype anything or to not accidentally hit the softkeys mid-word (happened a lot earlier).

This is my first Blackberry, always kind of wanted one and had a soft spot for them while others began to hate on them. And as soon as I saw the Passport announcement I knew I would almost certainly be having one. So, hopefully it will serve me well.
    Lehomer likes this.
    11-20-14 04:03 PM
1,205 ... 1617181920 ...