Checking in with my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:50 AM
    Hey this is my first post using my BlackBerry Passport bought from Axiom KSA

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:10 PM
    Got it monday I love it!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-21-14 12:13 PM
    Just got mine today from the crackberry contest! Downloading the most recent update (.908) and using my android on wifi for this post until my blackberry is fully locked and loaded with the works so that I can revel in my Passports glory Total waiting time from win date till delivery is 7 days (10/15- 10/21) Not bad. Can't wait to change my signature Enjoy!!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-20141021_175519.jpg  
    WWBlondieDo and dietertong like this.
    10-21-14 05:50 PM
    Just got mine today from the crackberry contest! Downloading the most recent update (.908) and using my android on wifi for this post until my blackberry is fully locked and loaded with the works so that I can revel in my Passports glory Total waiting time from win date till delivery is 7 days (10/15- 10/21) Not bad. Can't wait to change my signature Enjoy!!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Congrats dude! No better way to get a brand new Passport than winning it! What phone are you coming from?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:25 PM
    I just got my Passport a few hours ago! I'm typing on it now. I really need to get used to this keyboard! But everything else about it is awesome! The Android apps I used on my Z10 are buttery smooth now on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:18 PM
    Congrats dude! No better way to get a brand new Passport than winning it! What phone are you coming from?

Posted via CB10
    There is actually a better way that is to get it as a gift from someone dearest to you just like mine

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:18 AM
    Thank you MTN

Posted by Z10'er
    10-22-14 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am coming from the galaxy s5 and z10. I was using my s5 more because I was no longer in love with the z10 a year after launch date. Camera, and speakers were my turn off. Now I'm on the passport. Btw I'm a girl lol. Working on the avatar shortly lol

Posted with my luxurious Canadian Passport
    10-22-14 05:08 PM
    Impressive battery life!!!

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20141022_200407.png

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 07:06 PM
    Loving it so far. Already typing faster on it than on my z10. I honestly felt bad security wiping my z10 tho.
    10-22-14 10:18 PM
    With heavy use this battery is amazing. I mean blows other phones away.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20141022_234553.png

Posted via the Blackberry Passport
    10-22-14 10:57 PM
    I got mine yesterday and I'm loving it! There is a bit of a learning curve with the keyboard, but I will adapt. It really is a beautiful device!!
    Tompire likes this.
    10-23-14 12:58 AM
    I've got it now and really thats a huge improvement from my Q10! THANKS BLACKBERRY!
    10-23-14 05:15 AM
    Just following up.

Same feedback. In general, there's lots to like about the Passport. I posted elsewhere what I think it lacks. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-969818/ (Much of which is related to the current OS.)

And I'm still of the same opinions regarding the keyboard. In my opinion (at least for my needs) it would have been a better phone if they had at least included symbols on the keys, and a slightly wider space bar. They still can improve it significantly with OS updates that make the virtual keys a bit larger, change the layout of the number keys, and add features such as data management and power management tools that are common with other operating systems.

In that case I'm sure once you get the hang of it, it won't be so bad. I remember transitioning to an touch screen iphone 5 after using blackberries for so long, and then back to the Q10 after that. It takes a week or so. Give us feedback after another week and see if you still feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:16 AM
    Perhaps you should read my follow-up to someone else's similar comments.
    It's somewhat similar to saying, "I'm so fed up with this phone, my head is going to explode." It's using an exaggeration to communicate a point.
    And, yes, it's just a phone. You're absolutely correct. On the other hand, for reasons I won't go into here, I physically *need* a phone with a good keyboard, and it is actually physically painful to try to type on a virtual keyboard. I *could* use voice-to-text dictation, but I know someone who is forced to do that, and it's a poor solution at best.
    Just one more note in my defense, people who actually know me are generally struck my my "niceness" and the variety of ways that I try to help others out. I say that, just to emphasize that my frustration with the developers wasn't a sincere "I wish they had gout" post, but clearly the more nuanced meaning was lost to many who read my post, so I'm sorry for having communicated so poorly. (Seriously ... wishing *gout* on someone? You don't think something odd like that might not be tongue-in-cheek?)

You do realize its only a phone and you didn't have to buy it. However wishing someone a physical illness (in your passive aggressive statement) and that you would take comfort in knowing that is just plain F'd up. Honestly you sound like a miserable excuse for a human being. I really hope you say that kind of nonsense to a persons face one day, so that they can slapped the taste clean out of your mouth. Pathetic... truly pathetic.
    10-23-14 10:28 AM
    The folks at the AT&T store I went to were very helpful.
    They *did* offer to sell me an extended warranty on the phone, but I declined.

Mine is coming tomorrow and I have been wondering what I will have to do to change from Verizon to ATT, since the ATT site doesn't even mention the device. Are they going to just cheerfully open an account for me, switch my phone number open and pop in a nanosim? Or will I have to explain what the Passport is?
    10-23-14 10:30 AM
    Got mine on the 21st. This thing is a monster! I noticed that my device battery capacity is 3400 mAh....isn't it supposed to be 3450?
    10-23-14 02:06 PM
    Got mine on the 21st. This thing is a monster! I noticed that my device battery capacity is 3400 mAh....isn't it supposed to be 3450?
    It was also noted to be 3400 mAh on a tear down video the CB linked to.
    How did you find out yours was? Tear the back off???

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-23-14 03:02 PM
    My Passport is at home waiting for me! Just got the delivery confirmation
    10-23-14 03:10 PM
    So with BBmvoice can i call to the other person who has installed viber or both of us need BBMvoice?
    10-23-14 05:03 PM
    So with BBmvoice can i call to the other person who has installed viber or both of us need BBMvoice?
    10-23-14 05:22 PM
    I can't wait to get my hands on it....

I just snagged one on ebay for $550 US, from Canada.

I am PUMPED....I just wish it was listed two days ago so I could get it this week!!!
    10-23-14 06:42 PM
    You must have BBM to use BBM Voice Calls

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:54 PM
    Good to hear!

I feel that the Passport was the best switch from a Note 3. My main reason for using a Note 3 was the big screen. With the Passport you are still getting the big screen, plus an excellent keyboard.

I have a friend that is also planning on doing the same switch. He was asking me a couple of questions.
    How is the keyboard, battery, how do Android apps work, how is watching a video, etc.

The only thing that I feel is lacking compared to the Note is watching videos. Which due to the 1x1 screen makes sense. And that is fine by me. Never really watched videos on my phone. That's what a tablet is for.

He is convinced. Just trying to find a demo unit to play with in his area... which seems to be pretty impossible.

Posted via CB10
    Aaa yes its tough to see a demo unit, unless he takes a look at yours hehehe or someone else's.

I took the chance without having a feel for it first, which is the best decision I ever made!

Hopefully he switches

I haven't tried to watch a video yet, I don't really do that stuffs on my phone anyhow.

I love how simple BB10 is actually compared to android (well the skin that Samsung puts on).

I found when I use the note 3 on wifi sometimes, I do the swipe gestures, and forget that its android hahaha!

You must have BBM to use BBM Voice Calls
    Yes you must have BBM on both ends to utilise the feature of BBM voice calls.

I am aware that newer versions of android don't have access to this feature, even with BBM downloaded, as it didn't have the option on my note 3, definitely works on the iPhone though.
    10-24-14 06:32 AM
1,265 ... 1213141516 ...