Just got mine today!

Wasn't the smoothest experience, though.

I initially ordered via ShopBlackBerry on the morning of the launch, and it never came. It shipped via FedEx Smartpost (the default), and basically got lost in the mail at the point where FedEx is supposed to hand it off to USPS. Once FedEx confirmed that it was lost, I called the ShopBlackBerry support line and got them to give me a refund.

Immediately after I got off the phone, I went ahead ordered another from Amazon. It shipped a few days later, and now I finally have it!

(Now I wish some of the first-party cases were shipping, because I'd have gladly combined orders if they were.)
    10-18-14 12:07 AM
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img-20141018-wa001_edit.jpg
    Coffee and BlackBerry Passport are the best together served :P . Enjoying the beast

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and zocster like this.
    10-18-14 10:49 AM
    I got mine. So excited i forgot to take pics. But it was damn hard to get that phone here in Bulgaria. Needless to say i love it. No one else have it. And a week later i have some issues. Don't know if this is the place to ask but here are the things that i don't like. First thing: it works bad with my bluetooth device - BB HS-700. That headset worked perfect with Q10, Z10, Z30, and now it drops. Connects, than disconnects, than again. Nothing like this before. Wonder if this can be fixed with the update. Second: while in call, the screen turns black when you put it to your ear (and that's OK) but when you have second call and you want to operate, the screen still stays black, so you can't see who's calling and you cant switch, join or busy the call. That's really annoying. Third: some pages i used to visit with my Z30 now cannot open at all. Says plug-in not installed or something. And i must say i got no such problems with Z30. IMHO Z30 was the best i've ever had.
    Now i hope this issues with the Passport will be fixed cause it's really a great phone.
    Hello Dimitar. I'm also from Bulgaria, but waiting for the white version. I have several questions if you don't mind replying. First off all congratulations,that you were able to buy it. I don't see any availability yet in bg. Where did you buy it from? Secondly, how are you able to type in Cyrillic exactly? This is very important issue for me. I'm planning to buy one from Dubai for Christmas(I'm expecting there will be a discount) . Currently on z10 and been long time BlackBerry user. Thanks for your help or any other who can help me with my concerns it will be very much appreciated.
    I'm really looking forward for the passport. I'm literally obsessed by it recently.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:35 PM
    Finally! After the slowest shipment ever with Rogers, I have finally gotten this Passport. I sold my Note 3 over a month ago and have been using a Q5 since. A change for the better now. Goodbye Q5!

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-dsc_0324.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Tompire and OrdinaryMOE like this.
    10-18-14 04:15 PM
    got mine
    10-18-14 05:20 PM
    Hello Everybody!

I'm brand new to Blackberry. The Passport wooed me from my iPhone, and I must say, the Passport is amazing. An awesome looking device and incredible to work with. When I bought mine at my MTS Connect store, the sales guy was even impressed with the quality and features of it. Mine was the first one he had seen. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Blackberry now!
    Tompire and WWBlondieDo like this.
    10-19-14 10:26 AM
    Welcome! Enjoy your Passport - keep us posted

Hello Everybody!

I'm brand new to Blackberry. The Passport wooed me from my iPhone, and I must say, the Passport is amazing. An awesome looking device and incredible to work with. When I bought mine at my MTS Connect store, the sales guy was even impressed with the quality and features of it. Mine was the first one he had seen. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Blackberry now!
    10-19-14 11:07 AM
    Hello Everybody!

Welcome! When you went to MTS did they have some in stock to buy? Or did you have to order it? Which MTS store did you go to?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:39 AM
    Hello Everyone
    Coming over from a note3. My first impressions are that it's very fast, screen great, speakers awesome, and the keyboard hard to press. Will it get softer the more I use it? Lol

I see the combo of the 4.5 square screen and physical keyboard is great for IT desktop support which I do. So far the passport works great with teamviewer and logmein.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-19-14 01:27 PM
    just fully charged my passport and the battery usage graph states that i have only 7 hours of battery time remaining??? anyone here have the same experience? i was expecting better
    Check for the Battery Time Remaining a few minutes after a full charge - that will give a better indicator then the time mentioned immediately after unplugging. If you have the Device Monitor as an Active Frame in your Home Screen, you will see the projected 'Battery Time Remaining' constantly updating as the Device gets used or stays idle.
    10-19-14 01:51 PM
    Hello Everyone
    Coming over from a note3. My first impressions are that it's very fast, screen great, speakers awesome, and the keyboard hard to press. Will it get softer the more I use it? Lol

I see the combo of the 4.5 square screen and physical keyboard is great for IT desktop support which I do. So far the passport works great with teamviewer and logmein.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    The keyboard won't necessarily get softer, more you will become smoother at typing.

I am also coming from a Note 3. Not looking back. Don't get me wrong, the Note is a great phone, but the Passport is where it's at. Seems like you can actually feel the 3GB of ram working. As where the Note would still lag and be sluggish at times. Not something that should be happening with that much Ram.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:48 PM
    Hey i would like to know how viber works in passport as i saw in blackberry world it is rated 2.5 from 5?
    10-19-14 06:41 PM
    Like many others I'm waiting on a decent case for my passport. Hopefully BlackBerry will produce a pocket case for it. In the meantime this will do.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_5455_edit1_edit.jpg
    Last edited by HseFly; 10-20-14 at 09:16 AM.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    10-20-14 03:36 AM
    Heyi have a question? How does viber and facebooks works in blackberry?
    10-20-14 04:35 AM
    Hey i have a question/ How does viber and facebooks works passport as in the review scores are 2.5 from 5????
    10-20-14 04:38 AM
    Hey i have a question? How does the viber and facebook woorks in passport as i see the review in bbworld scores 2.5 from 5 ?
    10-20-14 04:41 AM
    Well, got mine on Friday. Overall impressions so far are good.

One thing I have noticed is that the big screen uses a hell of a lot of battery power - had to turn brightness down to minimum (still looks fine) to compensate.

Drains quicker than Z30 when screen in use, and slower than Z30 when screen isn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:42 AM
    Hey i have a question? How does the viber and facebook woorks in passport as i see the review in bbworld scores 2.5 from 5 ?
    How about you try asking your question in this other thread...might get the answers you are looking for.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=961641

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:50 AM
    i have asked but got only one answer that doesnt looks from an blackberry passport owner.
    10-20-14 09:13 AM
    I ordered the VIP version and revived my passport today via FedEx in Toronto. It is the regular package.
    10-20-14 09:22 AM
    I Got My Passport!

VIP discount ordered Oct 3
    Arrived today. Winnipeg

ShopBB did Not send out shipping/tracking paperwork.
    While their website order status was still 'other'.

Hold in there folks they are now on a Fed Ex van near you.

From My Consciousness to Yours Via BBQ10/10.3.0.xxxx
    10-20-14 01:47 PM
    Good things come to those who wait! My passport arrived today from Amazon. The size still amazed me when I first opened the box - both larger AND smaller than I expected (figure that one out ) Fits easily into my pocket - just setting it up now. Happy, happy, happy.
    10-20-14 07:16 PM
    The keyboard won't necessarily get softer, more you will become smoother at typing.

I am also coming from a Note 3. Not looking back. Don't get me wrong, the Note is a great phone, but the Passport is where it's at. Seems like you can actually feel the 3GB of ram working. As where the Note would still lag and be sluggish at times. Not something that should be happening with that much Ram.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, quite a few coming from the Note 3

I just got mine yesterday

I am also coming from a Note 3 (had many BlackBerry's before though). I agree, the note 3 would get sluggish at times even with all that ram, highlights how the os isnt so optimised (and with all that samsung bloatycrap too, i couldnt stand it really, waste of screen space lol).

I LOVE my Passport!! It is so much pocketable than the note 3 IMO.

Now i feel like i need a case, i really wanna take care of this baby boss haha!
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-20-14 11:06 PM
    Hey there,

I downloaded the viber app on my Passport yesterday as soon as i got it, so far it worked fine....until i recevied a call, couldnt pick up the call and each time i tried to call back it would disconnect.

So im afraid it doesnt work so well, on my device anyhow. However then tried BBM voice with the same contact who tried to call and you know what i dont need viber now, another app not worth to be installed on my device
    Bledar Kalemi likes this.
    10-20-14 11:09 PM
    Wow, quite a few coming from the Note 3

I just got mine yesterday

I am also coming from a Note 3 (had many BlackBerry's before though). I agree, the note 3 would get sluggish at times even with all that ram, highlights how the os isnt so optimised (and with all that samsung bloatycrap too, i couldnt stand it really, waste of screen space lol).

I LOVE my Passport!! It is so much pocketable than the note 3 IMO.

Now i feel like i need a case, i really wanna take care of this baby boss haha!
    Good to hear!

I feel that the Passport was the best switch from a Note 3. My main reason for using a Note 3 was the big screen. With the Passport you are still getting the big screen, plus an excellent keyboard.

I have a friend that is also planning on doing the same switch. He was asking me a couple of questions.
    How is the keyboard, battery, how do Android apps work, how is watching a video, etc.

The only thing that I feel is lacking compared to the Note is watching videos. Which due to the 1x1 screen makes sense. And that is fine by me. Never really watched videos on my phone. That's what a tablet is for.

He is convinced. Just trying to find a demo unit to play with in his area... which seems to be pretty impossible.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:55 AM
1,265 ... 1112131415 ...