Passport in hand! The complimentary support is a very nice touch.

Passwords were attempted while the device was in my pocket. I pull the passport out and I was on my 5th failed attempt. Prompt your device will be erased after 10 failed attempts..But my password didn't work...and after 5 tries the passport frooze and erased everything. I was left with a dead phone. It would have been horrible if I needed to call an ambulance or the fire service. I was able to reload everything after 2 hours but this was a major headache. I commend blackberry for the security hence why I bought a Blackberry in the first place, however a device wipe after pocket dialing caused most of the failed attempts is not security its a programming error. I still like the passport but am now investing in a holster.

Heads up!

Van
    If you're going to not have a holster, turn off the 'swipe to wake' feature so that only the power button will turn on the screen. I had an instance where my password got screwed up but I managed to get it on the 7th try. Since turning off the swipe to wake, it hasn't happened.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    VanTryumf likes this.
    10-06-14 02:21 PM
    Hmmm.. does it not prompt to enter 'Blackberry' on the 5th attempt? Unless you your hip can type (BB in pocket) isn't that almost impossible to wipe the device accidentally?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-06-14 07:54 PM
    I've had my PassPort since Oct 2. I've been a mobile and gadget aficionado for the past 20 years. I can't remember the last time I have felt this envigorated or excited about a mobile device. I can't put the PassPort down. It is so beautifully designed and feels of such solid quality when you hold it. The OS is smooth and the device is very responsive. The 3GB of RAM and the Snapdragon 801 are really doing their job. I have used the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, and the iPhone 6 all in the past 4 months. The UI feels bland, constant, monotonous. They are all great devices, don't get me wrong, but it's a 'generic' experience. The Passport screams boldness, originality, and outside the box thinking. I think it's elegant, professional, and efficient. I really hope this becomes a small success for BB to build upon. I'd like to see this story continue. Enjoy your BBs.
    bborgimicks likes this.
    10-06-14 09:14 PM
    Did anyone get completely black (without silver lining)?
    Is it possible to get one in all black? Or just luck of the draw?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:49 AM
    If all goes well, I'll have my Passport in less then 24 hours.
    Tompire likes this.
    10-07-14 12:22 PM
    good luck!

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! Not sure if I still wait for a BlackBerry slider and the Classic.
    10-07-14 12:25 PM
    Hmmm.. does it not prompt to enter 'Blackberry' on the 5th attempt? Unless you your hip can type (BB in pocket) isn't that almost impossible to wipe the device accidentally?
    That's true. I entered the physical password incorrectly once after I had entered blackberry.

I also tested to see if you could just use the BB shortcut to get through that, but you cannot. You have to type out "blackberry" in full, all lower case.

JB
    10-07-14 01:37 PM
    Wooot, I've got my Passport, transferred everything from my Q10 and I'm completely up and running. The only small problem that I have is that BBM is empty
    10-08-14 03:26 PM
    got mine last night, jakarta indonesia. no issue, sign in bbid, everything sync without a laptop/desktop. update to 738 or something (68MB).
    10-08-14 08:16 PM
    Wooot, I've got my Passport, transferred everything from my Q10 and I'm completely up and running. The only small problem that I have is that BBM is empty
    Some people have said that before you switch your BBM over to a new device you can transfer conversations through BlackBerry link. I have yet to try it though.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:02 PM
    so far there's only one passport in the whole building..and envy looks everywhere
    10-09-14 10:52 PM
    Question to all owners of the Passport: How does Amazon appstore work on the phone? I have played around with one, created an account and could have successfully logged in, and while browsing for the app I noticed that most of them are incompatible with the phone. Some examples of those are Flipboard and Instagram. Do you guys experience the same issue? This one is kind of a show stopper for me in my attempts to buy this phone
    10-10-14 09:51 AM
    +1 as of 10.10.2014
    10-10-14 01:12 PM
    got it, not able to play with because I have to wait for my sim card. It will be tomorrow
    10-10-14 01:29 PM
    Is everyone on T-Mobile getting LTE as soon ad they put their SIMs in?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-14 08:38 PM
    It is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:09 PM
    Congrats and enjoy! I definitely love mine!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:12 PM
    Merged with an existing thread.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-11-14 08:17 PM
    Got mine yesterday at $ 0.00 plus 9 years of hard work.
    Took it to a small caf� this morning with the kids for breakfast. All heads turned on the arrival of the Passport.
    And it arrived just in time for the long trip tonight.
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-p8050340.jpg
    Elson908 likes this.
    10-11-14 11:25 PM
    Hi Everyone!

Lucky y'all! I just ordered the hard shell case and I will be patiently waiting for the Passport to come here as the arabic keyboard is a requirement for me.

At least the case will make me feel like I'm only a step away!
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-12-14 06:02 AM
    Almost there! My Passport is in Transit and will be with me by tomorrow. So eagerly waiting for the time to pass by. Will join the club soon guys. Glad to know everyone is enjoying their new toys..
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-12-14 03:07 PM
    I gots one too
    You gots one??? Good for u lol
    10-12-14 03:18 PM
    Almost there! My Passport is in Transit and will be with me by tomorrow. So eagerly waiting for the time to pass by. Will join the club soon guys. Glad to know everyone is enjoying their new toys..
    I envy you. We don't have any clue as to when it will be released here. Telecoms are so bad
    10-12-14 03:37 PM
    I envy you. We don't have any clue as to when it will be released here. Telecoms are so bad
    No worries my friend,BB are usually late but it will never be an chance when they won't. Hope you get one to play with soon. Cheers
    10-12-14 09:05 PM
    Got mine yesterday at $ 0.00 plus 9 years of hard work.
    Took it to a small caf� this morning with the kids for breakfast. All heads turned on the arrival of the Passport.
    And it arrived just in time for the long trip tonight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8050340.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	305313
    This looks amazing, especially when you have your passport of travel and passport of communication kept side by side!
    nickvango likes this.
    10-12-14 09:07 PM
1,265 ... 910111213 ...