Got mine a month ago and i really like my OG PP.great phone i don't care what people say about bb os i'm lovin it its a great phone and i'll keep it for a couple of years!(and i'm the kind of person who changes his phone every couple of months ... but i'm gonna keep this one ;D).
    rayporsche likes this.
    02-03-17 10:02 AM
    OMG! 5 days with this sexy beast! No one could have prepared me for the experience of receiving this amazing device!
    I swore by my Z10! I had very few gripes about design and performance issues (not to mention BB10 was totally mishandled by RIM out of the gate). Still a beautiful device though.
    The OG Version was a shocker because it was the first one of its kind. Next was the AT&T version. Some obvious design improvements. I was attracted to both but my Z10 wasn't broken. Meaning there was no reason to fix it... or replace it.
    I've always wanted this latest edition! However, it just wasn't in the budget... until recently!

So, I had to make the switch to owning my brand new...

 Passport SE with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2474 (OS version 10.3.2.2639) on AT&T
    02-03-17 11:15 AM
    Here's to hoping that I didn't just make a mistake!

I was a former Classic owner until I stupidly dropped it and broke it. Have been on an old iPhone 4s while waiting for the time to be right to take action.

Took action with the Passport sale. Have been wanting one ever since it came out. I use my phone primarily to text and listen to podcasts. Love the BB Hub. Love the BB OS. Love the idea of not paying for a device through a carrier. Just hope that I can ride it long enough without feeling the itch for something else.
    For the use you describe I don't think you made a mistake. Passport is still a great phone.

The screen on my Passport OG started lifting in July 2016 but it kept on ticking. In late December it started freezing 1 - 4 minutes after boot. Unusable. I switched to an old iPhone 4s with a plan to wait until Mercury came out but then the end of January brought the flash sale and a chance to pick up the Passport SE for CA$369.

I'm now a very happy user of the Passport SE. I restored a 10 month old version of my Passport OG (stupid of me not to back up more frequently though Link doesn't make it very easy) and I'm back in business. My understanding is that I couldn't have restored to the Mercury as it is Android. I would love to get the last 10 months of text messages off of my OG but I have no idea if that is possible.

As for the iPhone 4s, with its 512 MB of RAM and 3.5" screen that gets swamped when the on screen keyboard comes up, I found the thing barely usable. I know it's an old phone but was it that slow when it first came out? I read an article from when it was new that said half a GB was ample RAM. I think I've been spoiled with the 3 GB RAM of the Passport and having a whole screen to refer to while typing.

I love the SE's improved keyboard. It's all around great to be using a competent device again.

Apps remain limited. SNAP used to be an option for loading from Google Play but doesn't seem to work with OS 10.3.3. I will be giving Cobalt's method a try once Link finally successfully gives me a baseline backup to revert to if necessary.
    02-03-17 03:56 PM
    Always wanted a Passport, so I picked up an SE during the flash sale. Have yet to unbox it. Question is this: Do y'all recommend updating to 10.3.3 or is it better left on the out-of-box build?
    The primary reason I have been champing at the bit to get 10.3.3 is the improved support for encrypted sites. I had been unable to view any sites signed by Let's Encrypt certificates and it was getting really annoying.

I'm glad to have 10.3.3 but if you don't have a specific reason for it then waiting is okay too.
    matthewerdman likes this.
    02-03-17 04:02 PM
    I received my  Passport SE with its current OS. I've tried several times to update it to no avail.

HELP!!!

02-05-17 09:52 AM
    Are you wanting to run an autoloader to update or what?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 10:34 AM
    Does autoloader work on a Mac?

02-05-17 06:32 PM
    You're gonna love it! BB10 OS still rocks
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-06-17 11:28 PM
    trough vm
    02-07-17 07:40 AM
    Make sure to update to 10.3.3!
    02-08-17 10:16 AM
    Hi, people.
    I have a passport since may/2016 and I did the upgrade to 10.3.3 in december, as soon I received the alert by the smartphone.
    After that my 3G signal did not work anymore (it shows"3g- voice only). Before december it was ok. I called many times to nextel services center's to verify and the signal is ok on my region.
    What I have to do? Do I have to go back with the old version of OS (is it possible?)? Does anyone know why this happened? or how to fix it?
    Last edited by Maga Lobu; 02-09-17 at 07:36 AM.
    02-09-17 07:23 AM
    I got my OG PP today. It's my first BB device.
    02-13-17 10:10 PM
    Agreed. BlackBerry OS still shines.

I'm forced to use an apple iPad mini - you know the one that followed the playbook! . Anyhow - BlackBerry OS remains logical and productive.

Hope the industry migrates towards an OS that resembles more of what we can do with BlackBerry OS10!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 08:45 PM
    Hi...
    My terminal arrives today home, very excited to return to blackberry OS.
    02-21-17 03:12 AM
    I have only three words to describe my new  Passport SE... SUH WEE TUH!

meattray and ratfinkstooley like this.
    02-21-17 10:16 PM
    I just got my Passport and I Really enjoy using it. Good upgrade from my Q10 although I think it is a great phone as well.
    02-25-17 02:30 AM
    I just got my SE...again. Bought one, loved it, best Work Phone EVER, the Work Server no longer supports BB. Sad Day. 1-LG G4, PRIV, S7 Edge, 6S Plus (my Work Phone) later and I grabbed a new SE for my Personal use. So angry I can't use it for Work. I love this Phone and I don't care about the EOL coming. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 07:57 PM
    I got mine few weeks ago as a birthday present and loving it

Posted via the  P a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    03-10-17 10:38 AM
    I got mine few weeks ago as a birthday present and loving it

Posted via the  P a s s p o r t | b l a c k e d i t i o n
    Great gift! Enjoy it!
    03-10-17 01:44 PM
    hi got mine about 7 days ago as birthday gift!
    i love it!
    but a little problem i cant download any thing hence the bb world is blocked for my country!
    03-12-17 09:51 AM
    hi got mine about 7 days ago as birthday gift!
    i love it!
    but a little problem i cant download any thing hence the bb world is blocked for my country!
    Sideload the Playstore? Or change your country in setup?

Posted via my Beautiful BlackBerry Classic
    03-12-17 03:20 PM
    country already changed to us!
    nope i haven't sideload the play store!
    all i wnt is to be able open blackberry world to install this app:https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...35024/?lang=en
    so i can transfer all my contacts and massages from my nexus 4 to BB passport SE!
    03-12-17 04:11 PM
    New to Passport,downgraded from my classic. Wanted to see what the fuss was about. I love the Passport more than the Classic. Although have to get use to the keyboard from the classic. My husband who is not tech savy said...."i like this phone a lot better."

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 11:21 AM
    I finally received my amazing AT&T edition Passport and I'm in love all over again.
    I purchased the original Passport when it was initially released but ended up selling it later for an Android device. After a few years on Android I still missed my big, unique device so I decided to take the plunge again!
    Honestly, the trade offs are not that big of a deal for me. I, personally, enjoy tinkering with the phone to get certain apps working; it's a fun hobby. I love love love this device. It's probably one of the best phones I have purchased.
    ratfinkstooley and rayporsche like this.
    03-22-17 10:25 PM
    I finally received my amazing AT&T edition Passport and I'm in love all over again.
    I purchased the original Passport when it was initially released but ended up selling it later for an Android device. After a few years on Android I still missed my big, unique device so I decided to take the plunge again!
    Honestly, the trade offs are not that big of a deal for me. I, personally, enjoy tinkering with the phone to get certain apps working; it's a fun hobby. I love love love this device. It's probably one of the best phones I have purchased.
    enjoy it! It's truly a wonderful device! I won't leave it until the ship goes down
    officially_juju likes this.
    03-24-17 10:57 AM
1,265 ... 4344454647 ...