I just picked up one yesterday to go with my priv for 100$ cnd. At this rate it seems like the priv will soon be retired for its older cousin. Lovin bb10

Sent from my not quite obsolete yet BlackBerry 10 Passport almost running 10.3.3.
    11-14-16 06:51 AM
    Got my Passport in a few days ago. I'm loving the fluidity of the OS and strong focus on productivity. The physical keyboard is a joy and I got used to the mixed input (special characters and numbers being soft keys) after a few hours of use.
    What one did you get?

Posted via Black Passport
    11-22-16 08:40 PM
    Got mine tonight and have been putting it through its paces ever since. Basically throwing everything at it and checking to see what sticks...I've already loaded to Google play store, (thanks Cobalt!) and a few core apps for myself. Unfortunately I am running into Google service and runtime issues however overall I am quite happy to be back in the saddle with by 'suit n tie' BlackBerry Passport.
    Ranadeep Roy likes this.
    11-23-16 02:20 AM
    You are lucky. You're into Google Play. Frankly I can't understand the Cobalt approach. I'm aware it's written in black and white. But for some reason I can't manage to figure it out. I'm on Passport. Yes I love it. However I'm so used to running this without a wide spread of apps I'm not even sure what I'm missing. I would like to experience what useful apps out there - and give my Passport some life! If someone can lead me through it - I'd give it a try. Thanks from the 'Passport Brotherhood'.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 03:19 AM
    I am pretty sure I understand much less about it. I have done it on 2 of my Passports in the last month - took less than 10 minutes.
    Here is the video I followed -
    (The app I wanted was Uber - it works great).

Last edited by peterburns; 11-23-16 at 09:03 AM.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    11-23-16 08:26 AM
    Thanks man.
    A video I can handle.
    Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 08:34 PM
    Just got my 2 Passport SE's in from amazon. A heads-up to anybody considering these; the charger included is not the U.S. piece. Not a big deal to me as I'm loaded up with 1.8A Playbook wall chargers and premium car chargers already.

All I need to do is pick up some nano SIM's for them as I'm currently on Z30 which uses a micro SIM.

Richard
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-26-16 12:09 PM
    Well, I already had an OG, but just got my SE. So happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 12:23 AM
    I haven't bought a Blackberry Passport yet but I really want to. That phone is fantastic! Great, unique design. BB10 and great specifications. I have big hands and this cell phone is quite big.
    11-28-16 03:13 PM
    I took advantage of a Black Friday sale and purchased my Passport SE for C$394 on the ShopBlackBerry site. The first thing I noticed is the build quality is excellent! I've got a few accessories on the way and in the meantime I downloaded a few apps and put the device through it's paces. This phone is a beast.

Reg
    11-29-16 09:42 PM
    I got my Passport last year on a contract from Bell.

Had a bunch of issues, but the form factor sold me. Unlike Chen, I'm not a "Hong Kong-born British-American" man with little hands. I appreciate the larger form factor keyboard that the Passport offers.

I've been forced back to a loaner Classic because I had to send my Passport in for repairs after only 9 months. Since day one of ownership I've put up with random reboots, getting my home wifi disabled and running up ridiculous data charges very quickly, and persistent heat issues running even simple android apps.

The final straw came when the screen started to lift off on one of the corners. I sent it off for repair and unfortunately they dropped me back to a Classic. Tiny little phone for tiny little fingers. A good Donald Trump phone. Not a good fit for larger hands though.

Have to wait 2 to 4 weeks to get my Passport back and it's my daily driver for both business and my personal life. I do extensive review of documents and am firing off emails all day long. The next month of work is going to take a productivity hit because of this.

John Chen should really consider this when thinking about future BlackBerry phones, even ones released by other companies. Not all people who use Blackberry's have tiny hands. Some of us need the larger form factor. I couldn't even look at the Priv for that reason. Phone felt like a flimsy toy in my hands. The Passport feels solid. Dependable. Even if BB10 is still getting all the bugs worked out. It's a shame I decided to send it in the same time 10.3.3 came out, I was hoping at least one of the issues bothering me would be fixed.
    12-01-16 01:42 PM
    I recently got a Passport SE and now today, the original Passport black! Could not resist those sale prices and I need to stock up on Blackberry's before they're gone!

The SE has been giving me fits because it won't hold a charge when it is OFF ... but that's another issue. (If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix that, I'm all ears. As it is I have to haul it out of the drawer at least once a week to charge it. I should just leave it on because it'll last 2 weeks instead!)

My first impressions:
    - These phones do not feel as big in hand as I thought it would, and I'm a fan of smaller phones (e.g. 9900 or Q10). I didn't get it before because I did not think I would like to handle such "huge" phones. However, it somehow feels just the right size. I know, when it comes to pocketing it, there may be some issues.
    - Ooooh that feel. I thought the SE was pretty good. But now that I got the original in my little paws...I dare say I like the curves, textures and shape of the original better. Or at least my hands do! I should've just saved the extra money and got the original right away!
    - The keyboard is a bit awkward, it is taking a lot longer for me to acclimatize to it than I thought.

It's the end of 2016. These Passports are still really, really fine phones! I can't imagine they didn't sell better during the original run. At current prices, they're a steal! A Q10 would probably be my first choice, but the Passport would be close 2nd I think. I just feel a little bit guilty though, walking around with this fine, expensive looking device even though I really didn't pay that much at all relative to current batch of smartphones.

You know, in an age where every smartphone looks just like every other one I really gotta hand it to Blackberry for having the guts & creativity to come up with something that was not only really different, but really good. What did that Steve Jobs guy say? "Think Different". Too bad most of the iSheep don't walk the talk!
    12-03-16 12:18 AM
    With my Passport SE when not using and charged I just put into airplane mode. retains the charge really good!
    12-03-16 01:31 AM
    With my Passport SE when not using and charged I just put into airplane mode. retains the charge really good!
    Depends on what you mean by "really good". My Z30 (OFF) can sit in the drawer for months with no problem. Ditto my Playbook (also turned OFF). With the Passport turned ON and in Airplane mode, I wager I would get 3 weeks tops. That's not good enough when I need to store at least one of them for backup purposes.
    12-03-16 10:54 PM
    Just got my white pp,this is underated.im in Boston mass and I keep getting asked what kind of phone is that. People just did not get wind of this phone.poor advertisement did us in.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 07:53 PM
    I had the Red originally and loved it. I had a problem with calls, apparently I somehow damaged the microphone and callers could not understand me.

Now I am basking in the glow of the Silver Edition. I am in awe of the build quality, call quality and across the board outstanding performance . It is and will remain my daily driver.

I am fascinated by phones and have had many different models and OS's.

I miss the hardware of the past that all touch phones lack. The Passport and the SE are true works of art.
    kekos likes this.
    12-09-16 06:21 AM
    Just now Received my Blackberry Passport
    Ranadeep Roy likes this.
    12-12-16 06:54 AM
    Don't really know why everyone says 'it's huge' unless they mean awesome. It's not 'huge'. Compare it to any of those Samsung slabs or other slab phones and it is actually quite neat. Another thing people say is that the back is not as non-slip as the SE. I beg to disagree. the rubberised back of the passport is super non-slip. I use it without a case and hold it in one hand without any feelings of anxiety whatsoever. It is such a great design, we should be praising the designers. They should be famous for this phone, But who are they? Blackberry, what can you tell us?
    12-14-16 09:37 AM
    I'm 2 weeks into using my Passport SE, switched from Z30. It IS huge. Z30 is a one-hand device and fits in the cupholder of my work truck. Can't say either one of those things about the PPSE. I've had to make some adjustments for that, no doubt. So far the real challenge has been finding a safe spot for it to rest in the various vehicles I drive.

Haven't had a physical keyboard device since retiring my Torch when the Z10 launched. And, it's a very different pkb anyway but I am finally starting to feel comfortable and adept with it. I like it.

Not being able to sit in the work truck cupholder makes it tricky to hook up the aux cord to the stereo (only place the phone can really sit is in a spot on the middle of the dash), so I said screw it and went ahead on installing my BlackBerry music gateway in that truck for convenience. Nice little device.

I'm still allowing it some "get used to it" time though overall I am enjoying the PPSE. Also interesting is how many people freak out when they see it, have to handle it, and are generally impressed by it - even Apple people. A number of them even asked where I got it because they're interested in buying one. I'm careful to warn them that it is a somewhat obsolete product, but that it's still a very capable and useful device...and a bargain now that you can buy them easily for half off list, still brand new.

Richard
    12-14-16 09:52 AM
    I'm 4 days into being a Passport SE user. I'm loving it.
    12-14-16 05:04 PM
    hello.. I just received PP SE yesterday... and facing problem to sync google contacts.. it will great if can anyone guide me how to sync the contacts... thanks in advance
    12-18-16 02:44 AM
    hello.. I just received PP SE yesterday... and facing problem to sync google contacts.. it will great if can anyone guide me how to sync the contacts... thanks in advance
    When you set it up as an account, the default should be to sync everything, including contacts.
    12-18-16 05:52 AM
    I just got my Passport SE and I love it. Too bad Blackberry let us down with their os.
    12-26-16 04:23 AM
    I got my silver Passport today. Didn't realize my Q10's micro sim card would not fit in it (re: Inside BlackBerry Help Blog 10/13/2015)
    I was also surprised that the SE's usb cable is shorter and noticeably thicker than the Q10's - added shielding?
    12-29-16 05:51 PM
    got may passport silver edition, since a week ago, and love it so much. I bought this after watching videos from itsmeJC and Jan Ole Helmbolt, really interesting and furthermore the price is now half than when it was launched, I got mine for 300USD.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 05:30 AM
1,265 ... 4142434445 ...