I got my Passport SE a few days ago, switching from a Priv. I'm so happy I made the move back to BlackBerry10! A couple things I really missed was BlackBerry File Manager & the Orig HUB. Glad to be back on BlackBerry10 & this Passport SE is amazing! I think I'm in LOVE!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876 - AT&T
    04-02-16 11:45 PM
    Does anyone know if the Passport will run on Verizon network?
    04-03-16 07:06 AM
    Got a Passport almost a year ago and it is awsome still! I would change it just with an SE
    04-05-16 02:08 AM
    upgraded from Z10 to Passport SE. Now everything on the Z10 looks so small!

Work Wide !!!
    #workwide
    04-07-16 10:18 PM
    Passport Good!
    04-08-16 01:08 AM
    I think Verizon is still CDMA and the Passport is GSM. Hopefully someone here can confirm.
    04-08-16 11:43 AM
    Yes...I know I need to check my email, but......
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20160411_080117.png

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    04-11-16 07:04 AM
    Use to have Black Passport. Using Red Passport now. Wishing to own SE and White Passport too.

RedPassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    04-11-16 09:56 PM
    Hi, not meaning to derail the thread, but this looked like a likely spot to ask my question. I really am interested in buying a Passport but am anxious that BB10 support will be killed off by Blackberry. There is talk of Blackberry possibly, and I mean possibly moving the Passport to Android. There is a likelihood that BB will also leave the hardware business. So, my long winded question is, if the do end BB10 support what happens to my phone. I am not an app guy, but do use text and skype. Also, can a OS be simply changed on a phone? Say to Android, I some how have my doubts. I feel the Passport would more than handle my needs but am nervous about it as my kids keep advising me not to buy one....as a final note, I do not like the feel of the PRIV.
    04-13-16 10:30 AM
    Hi Banjoguy,

Well there is a cheaper option the Leap! I own both, although my youngest uses it now. I bought my Passport about 6 months ago. Asking myself a lot of the questions you do. Finally I decided that I just wanted one. I think their market among exciting clients is to big to simply stop or switch. I do believe that the development of bb10 will nearly stop. Maybe some security updates or some tweaks buts that it. I hope I'm wrong though. So I just keep using it to the end. It's a beast of a phone. Good luck with your choice.

Posted via my Awesome Passport or Leap.
    04-16-16 05:03 PM
    No it will not. Only on at&t and tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    Dallas Johnson2 likes this.
    04-17-16 01:28 AM
    Thanx Cyberadje for your insights. I really do like the phone, but the hard part is now trying to find a location that sells the thing. Not sure where you are, but where I am in Canada you can hardly find a spot that sells the thing. If you walk into a Source, BestBuy or any of the cell carriers stores you can't find Blaxkberry, or even a salesperson who knows anything about Blackberry.

I find this interesting as Mr. Chen wants the handset business to turn a profit...but last time I looked you need to sell product to do that. He really needs to ramp up his distribution and point of sales. Failure to do that will only bring about want he wants which is being a software firm...I have had a number of Blackberry phones. All have outstanding durability. As an aside, I know very few people who have old iPhones....they seem to always update and as a result I don't know what the actual quality and durability of the iPhone is.....something that I can attest to for Blackberry.
    04-17-16 09:46 AM
    Hi Banyoguy,

I live in the Netherlands. Maybe buying from Crackberry.com is an option? But your right since the drop off BlackBerry you see their products less and less. Which sucks if you ask me. Long time BlackBerry fan here.

04-17-16 09:54 AM
    Hi Banyoguy,

I live in the Netherlands. Maybe buying from Crackberry.com is an option? But your right since the drop off BlackBerry you see their products less and less. Which sucks if you ask me. Long time BlackBerry fan here.

For Netherlands you have ShopBlackBerry.

Go to European store and select Netherlands!

They deliver really fast!

Plus OS updates are delivered right away!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    04-17-16 10:00 AM
    Thanx Cyberadje for your insights. I really do like the phone, but the hard part is now trying to find a location that sells the thing. Not sure where you are, but where I am in Canada you can hardly find a spot that sells the thing. If you walk into a Source, BestBuy or any of the cell carriers stores you can't find Blaxkberry, or even a salesperson who knows anything about Blackberry.

I find this interesting as Mr. Chen wants the handset business to turn a profit...but last time I looked you need to sell product to do that. He really needs to ramp up his distribution and point of sales. Failure to do that will only bring about want he wants which is being a software firm...I have had a number of Blackberry phones. All have outstanding durability. As an aside, I know very few people who have old iPhones....they seem to always update and as a result I don't know what the actual quality and durability of the iPhone is.....something that I can attest to for Blackberry.
    Maybe you could check on shopblackberry.com That where I purchased it from. Not sure if they still offer the SE though. There's also amazon.ca but I read many comments from buyers complaining they were refurbished or defective devices not working, Sent back to amazon and shipped to new buyers.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-17-16 10:02 AM
    For Netherlands you have ShopBlackBerry.

Go to European store and select Netherlands!

They deliver really fast!

Plus OS updates are delivered right away!

Hi BlackZ10,

Thx for your help. I already have my Passport. I offered an idea to Banjoguy who is in desperate need of an Passport and is living in Canada.

04-17-16 10:19 AM
    Ok thanks for clarifying. In Canada definitely ShopBlackBerry and or CrackBerry..without a doubt. He has it easy.

04-17-16 10:32 AM
    Hey, got my Passport SE. Sweet. 9.5*

missing half a point because about every 4 days the keyboard back lights stop working. To fix this I have to reboot the phone holding down the + and - volume buttons. Weird.
    04-19-16 02:31 PM
    Got it! SE PP, loving it. The Device Switch app wouldn't work but just as I thought it was my ISP's useless router, switched to another one and hey presto.
    04-19-16 06:42 PM
    First post here! Got a Red passport today and it is the best looking phone I have ever owned!

I have been using the classic for a while and and today I finally decided to upgrade. Still trying to get used to the keys and the phone size.

Love it!
    jope28 likes this.
    04-21-16 11:20 AM
    Hey guys

I managed to finally pick up a passport after eyeing it since release. In the past I've owned a curve leading to me purchasing a bold shortly after, a very sound phone at the time. Perhaps I'm not the conventional blackber. My intentions for the phone reolve around editing pdfs, using the cloud and writing articles directly to the Web.

Writing this post alone, my first extensive use of the keyboard, I'm beginning to notice the awkward handling and sharp corners. Having put a ugly rubber case on the phone it's become slightly more comfortable to handle. The keyboard seems handy. I had hoped it would make writing long documents easier but I can't see how it can be more productive than an onscreen keyboard. The keys are so hard you could probably strain your wrists from using it extensively. There's no hope in hell in operating a single function aside from scrolling a webpage with one hand which is really lumbering for any terms of causal use.

The original passport isn't as pretty as it looks in pictures which is disappointing.

The native app stores are terrible. Theres no support for any of the major UK newspapers I need. Side loading the google play store doesn't even appear to be a realistic option anymore because the forum threads are filled with people running into continuous issues. Relying on Sideloading just seems unreliable and unsustainable.

A lot of the problems mentioned I was mildly aware of before purchasing but I've always been intrigued by this phone and swayed by overly positive reviews...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 07:31 PM
    Hey guys

I managed to finally pick up a passport after eyeing it since release. In the past I've owned a curve leading to me purchasing a bold shortly after, a very sound phone at the time. Perhaps I'm not the conventional blackber. My intentions for the phone reolve around editing pdfs, using the cloud and writing articles directly to the Web.

Writing this post alone, my first extensive use of the keyboard, I'm beginning to notice the awkward handling and sharp corners. Having put a ugly rubber case on the phone it's become slightly more comfortable to handle. The keyboard seems handy. I had hoped it would make writing long documents easier but I can't see how it can be more productive than an onscreen keyboard. The keys are so hard you could probably strain your wrists from using it extensively. There's no hope in hell in operating a single function aside from scrolling a webpage with one hand which is really lumbering for any terms of causal use.

The original passport isn't as pretty as it looks in pictures which is disappointing.

The native app stores are terrible. Theres no support for any of the major UK newspapers I need. Side loading the google play store doesn't even appear to be a realistic option anymore because the forum threads are filled with people running into continuous issues. Relying on Sideloading just seems unreliable and unsustainable.

A lot of the problems mentioned I was mildly aware of before purchasing but I've always been intrigued by this phone and swayed by overly positive reviews...

Posted via CB10
    For most use situations there aren't any problems installing Google Play and sideloading from there. I'd say 90% of apps will work fine with no patching or issues. Give it a try before you let some negative forum posts sway you.

I use my Passport SE one-handed for everything except typing. Don't forget you can often use the touch-enabled keyboard to scroll and navigate with the browser and other apps.

The Passport does have a bit of a learning curve/adjustment period but once you get used to it it's hard to imagine using anything else.
    04-30-16 11:36 PM
    Hey guys

Posted via CB10
    Hey trying being less negative and more positive.
    Like stated in another post there is a slight learning curve with Passport.

Some points :

1: see thread in CrackBerry keyboard tips. It is great in getting the best from the keyboard.

2: I have installed Google PlayStore and it works fine yes there are some apps that require patching but these patched ones majority are available here in the great CrackBerry community.

3: you can also get apps from the APK stores like 1mobile and more search on Google.

Enjoy the wide so clear screen, the awesome battery life and the incredible sound all with the most innovative keyboard.

Just enjoy your Passport!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 03:17 AM
    Got a Passport almost a year ago and it is awsome still! I would change it just with an SE
    Today I saw in my life first time the SE edition, I can tell you it's better then the iPhone, even better then the regular passport! It's a beauty! The ovner told me there is no issue with that phone it's just works!!!
    05-04-16 12:09 PM
    Where are you from?
    05-05-16 12:08 AM
1,265 ... 3637383940 ...