I thought the price was reasonable. I used the 10% off code at checkout -- came in around $498 with shipping (but then tax added a few $$ on).

Mine comes on Tuesday. Switching from a Moto Droid Maxx. WAS and still am getting a Moto X 2015 (technically) but I am returning it without evening opening it (arrives 2-weeks late this Monday). Motorola has had THE worst time trying to explain how they lost my order on 9/3, gave me four missed delivery windows, and their Support Reps are horribly unhelpful and uninformed. To that end, I said forget it, and decided to use that PayPal credit offer (no payments/interest for 6-mo) on a Passport Silver Edition.

Happy to try out this particular device. Looks sexy as hell and I already have APKs set aside for the Android apps I use daily.

And to Blackberry's credit, less than 24-hrs after my purchase, my order was shipped. Granted, most aren't clamoring for a Passport vs a new Moto X, but it's nice to know they won't waste 2 business days to ship just because they can.
    09-26-15 09:37 AM
    I am thinking of going with Cricket. 2.5GB for $35 on AutoPay. Have you heard of any issues with using the Passport with that carrier?
    09-26-15 09:39 AM
    I have been using Passport on Cricket for a while now - it works great ...
    09-26-15 11:20 PM
    I have been using Passport on Cricket for a while now - it works great ...
    Does Cricket support visual voicemail for BB10? I heard of pre-paid companies like Straight Talk having issue with this on other phones.

EDIT: I did see a thread about this in my research but no clear answer was given.
    Last edited by MBFGA; 09-27-15 at 10:28 AM.
    09-27-15 09:45 AM
    I just got back from the AT&T store with a new Passport and Body Glove case (the case was 50% off). They had a Classic and a Passport on display, and when I told the young woman that I was looking for the Passport, she said that she didn't think they had any in stock. I replied that I had checked online , att.com indicated that they were in stock.

It was her response that intrigued me. She said that, "We sold a couple yesterday; maybe we got some more in", so she checked in the back. Sure enough, they did, and now I have one.

Good to know that AT&T is selling Passports in Austin, Texas.
    10-01-15 03:13 PM
    omg why is it so beautiful?! I have been stalking this phone for the past weeks since I mistakenly found out that Blackberry was still alive (due to lack of advertisments) by mistake, and then came upon a forum that the silver edition was released and fell in love INSTANTLY!! I am currently selling my Nexus 6 and Note 2 so I can finally stop watching all the youtube videos about it.. lol.
    mbamd, JREwing and peterburns like this.
    10-01-15 10:53 PM
    Got my Passport yesterday, what a beautiful phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 03:26 PM
    omg why is it so beautiful?! I have been stalking this phone for the past weeks since I mistakenly found out that Blackberry was still alive (due to lack of advertisments) by mistake, and then came upon a forum that the silver edition was released and fell in love INSTANTLY!! I am currently selling my Nexus 6 and Note 2 so I can finally stop watching all the youtube videos about it.. lol.
    I think all the BlackBerry Passport videos on YouTube are what motivated me to buy this phone. The video by JC titled "The BlackBerry Passport Sucks" was the deal breaker for me. (BTW, he was being sarcastic in this video...he actually loves the Passport.) Here is the video link:

Yes, this phone is beautiful to me. I love it! I've showed it to many of my coworkers and friends, but nobody seemed impressed. The most common quote I get is "I like that the screen is big.", but I sense they don't really like my phone. So far nobody has shown any real enthusiasm or love for my phone, but that's okay with me. It's their loss and my gain!
    mizzez93 and Javid Gozalov like this.
    10-04-15 02:31 AM
    Yes I agree..JC's video was hilarious yet convincing! I'm pretty sure it'll take my family and friends some time to get used to seeing my new BlackBerry silver edition (which I ordered today and should be here Wednesday)!! MAN I'M OVERLY EXCITED!!. I bought the phone, 2 slim cases, a sandisk 64 GB class 10(newest version) SD card, and a phone stand, all for 484.75!! Such an amazing deal!! YAY MEE!!!
    rcranz likes this.
    10-04-15 07:13 PM
    Yes I agree..JC's video was hilarious yet convincing! I'm pretty sure it'll take my family and friends some time to get used to seeing my new BlackBerry silver edition (which I ordered today and should be here Wednesday)!! MAN I'M OVERLY EXCITED!!. I bought the phone, 2 slim cases, a sandisk 64 GB class 10(newest version) SD card, and a phone stand, all for 484.75!! Such an amazing deal!! YAY MEE!!!
    That is a super deal! I paid $460 just for an unlocked phone. That didn't even include any accessories or SD card.

Most people think I'm crazy for owning any BlackBerry phone. Nobody seems to envy my phone. Today, my brother said it looked like a pop tart or a fig newton or something. Oh well, all that matters is what i think, and I know my phone is cool!

I hope you enjoy your new phone!

Posted via CB10
    mark1914 and mizzez93 like this.
    10-04-15 10:08 PM
    I got two folks who were awwed by my Passport SE in my first week or ownership (since last Tuesday). The look has stunned. The second person wants to try it out but is "afraid" she said. If it had Android, I am sure she'd hop on it.
    10-07-15 10:36 PM
    ...Got my silver edition less than a week ago ...it lives in a land full of Iphones and Galaxies at home and work and still looks way cooler (am I allowed to use such a term in my dotage?) ..very happy with it so far and it's great to have a BB again after a few years without (sorry)
    10-08-15 04:49 AM
    Moved from iphone 6 to passport SE today. Really happy with the keyboard. Awesome phone!
    10-14-15 10:22 AM
    I have a Z10 and was waiting for an upgrade path in all-touch. I sadly realized that Blackberry is unlikely to come out with any new BB10 devices anytime soon, so I started looking at the Passport. I have AT&T and a bunch of their local stores do not have Passports - not even a display model. I had to travel pretty far to get a look at one in person, I was pretty happy with what I saw so I ordered one online for $99.

It arrived a few days later and I've been very happy with it for the past two weeks. It's nice to not have to carry a charger around everywhere now - I can usually go about a day and a half between charges.

I've had no issues only great experiences with it. It generates alot of comments also, all positive.

It's sad that this will probably be the last BB10 device I will own - I don't expect to see any new BB10 hardware once the Priv is out. What a shame.
    10-14-15 04:01 PM
    I couldn't find a Blackberry contract in Australia for passport. So my option has been one sided and it happened to choose between iphone 6Plus or Samsung. I have faced issues with android when it was my secondary device. So I didn't want to make it a choice and bought iPhone. Since then, I felt like missing the feel of multi tasking, qwerty, easiness of OS and smooth UI. Then I sold off my iPhone and ordered a red passport. yeyeyeyeye.... I am back to home again. Feeling happy and joy
    10-15-15 05:58 AM
    My first post here, I got the White Passport used from Kijiji and I can say this is the last phone i will ever need to own. The keyboard is great and feels great in hand.

Only issue i have is that I almost dropped the phone on my face when using it at night when laying on my bed.
    10-21-15 09:23 AM
    Just ordered mine today, out of stock with vodafone UK, will have to wait 2 weeks can't wait. Had a work Lumia for 2 years left my job so need my own phone now. Happy days ahead.
    10-25-15 05:13 PM
    I got my Passport last Thursday and love it. It is a quality device. I moved from the Note 4 to this and even the guy at AT&T thought I was crazy. I like trying new things and I was getting tired of the same old thing with android and wanted a change. I just love the HUB and Blend is fantastic. I even side loaded SNAP and have been experimenting with a lot of android apps on my Passport to see what works but really the amazon app store along with Blackberry World offer enough apps for me. The screen, keyboard and build quality of the Passport are truly game changers for me. I hope Blackberry continues to support the BB10 devices and I really think that if they advertise more then they would make others believers as well. I even showed mine off to a coworker who thought Blackberry wasn't even around anymore and he was impressed. I think Blackberry just needs to advertise and educate the public on what they can offer. After using my Passport for a few days, there is nothing I miss about Android!!!
    10-26-15 07:43 AM
    My new passport arrives today, can't wait.
    10-28-15 06:42 AM
    Got my Passport SE about a month ago when I ended up retiring a 9900, and I find I'm using it a lot more than my Z30 now.
    I notice people are intrigued by the format, and a few people have said they are considering getting one, after trying mine.
    (will be interesting to see if anyone follows through or not)

Anyway, I find the wide format works great for going online, and I prefer carrying it over the Z30 which I now use for my second line.
    Too bad so many users are stuck on using those other OS's, and won't give BB a chance.
    I have tried Android phones in the past, and I keep giving them away after trying them, because BB10 just works better for me, especially on this phone!
    /
    Last edited by 2gunnar; 11-02-15 at 01:29 PM.
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-28-15 11:53 AM
    I got my Passport SE three hours ago and I can't get enough of it. It's still fairly different from the Note 3 that I was using for the past few years, but this is likely to be my daily driver for at least the next two years.

There are one or two apps that don't have an equivalent on BlackBerry world, so I'll have to figure something out. Maybe even develop a simple app to replace 'em!

Regardless, I'm loving the blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    10-30-15 08:24 PM
    I've been using my blackberry passport for about two weeks and I love this device!! When it first came out I was on contract with Sprint with the iPhone 5s and I knew once my contract ended I would make the switch. I'm so happy I did. The OS on this phone is so snappy and quick and doesn't have little stalls like I've had with apple. It feels much better to have a keyboard to type on and not an on screen keyboard. The shape of the phone is amazing as well and I love it. I have the ATT version of the phone with the rounded corners. Blackberry definitely did well on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 08:38 PM
    Late to the game. but just ordered an unlocked, new, Silver edition on eBay for $540 CAD shipped. Pretty decent deal if I do say so myself, considering I was about to maybe spend $900 on a Priv. I decided to stick with OS10 and was convinced by all of the Passport's functionalities and its form factor. I don't think I'll be regretting this purchase. The phone is sexy as hell.

I bought the passport because I love BB10 and its Hub, I love keyboards, I love battery life, and I love good call quality.
    11-04-15 08:20 AM
    Had a Passport SE for about a month now, and it's the best device I've ever used - BlackBerry 10 really shines on it. However, it's also one of the worst examples of build quality I've seen in a flagship phone. Seriously, BlackBerry? You couldn't cut the keyboard cover to have an exact fit? It leaves ridges along both sides of the phone that hurt when you hold the device from the keyboard position (so they resolved the sharp corners issue from the OG with sharp edges). The bottom plastic for the speakers looks warped and uneven, but maybe that's an extension of the horribly-cut keyboard cover. And the screen! Big, beautiful... and lifted at the top.

Such a shame, but it's not a surprise - I've never associated BlackBerry with excellent build quality (double-type and battery on the Q10, anyone?).
    11-13-15 03:36 PM
    Had a Passport SE for about a month now, and it's the best device I've ever used - BlackBerry 10 really shines on it. However, it's also one of the worst examples of build quality I've seen in a flagship phone. Seriously, BlackBerry? You couldn't cut the keyboard cover to have an exact fit? It leaves ridges along both sides of the phone that hurt when you hold the device from the keyboard position (so they resolved the sharp corners issue from the OG with sharp edges). The bottom plastic for the speakers looks warped and uneven, but maybe that's an extension of the horribly-cut keyboard cover. And the screen! Big, beautiful... and lifted at the top.

Such a shame, but it's not a surprise - I've never associated BlackBerry with excellent build quality (double-type and battery on the Q10, anyone?).
    So I decided to tear the keyboard cover off (flimsy plastic indeed), and the speaker plastic actually turned out to be fairly thick, and looks all around fine (see attached). A closer inspection of the keyboard cover shows it's simply the worst molded part in history - flimsy and uneven plastic.

As for the screen lift, using clamps on the screen (with a microfiber cloth, of course!) seems to correct it (thanks to another forum user on here for the excellent tip!). Shame BlackBerry wasn't kind enough to include some in the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_0003.jpg  
    11-13-15 06:02 PM
1,265 ... 3233343536 ...