Got mine Its an awesome phone !!! Have the green flickering on the camera at times though. Restart normally fixes it.

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-dsc_0035-2.jpg
    vptsff likes this.
    03-03-15 07:22 PM
    Hi all,

Amy, I started out with an unlocked Passport from Amazon. I am a Verizon customer so I already knew there was no way the Passport was going to play nice with their network so after a couple of trials and errors I managed to get hooked up with Straight Talk. They piggyback on AT&T's network and the Passport being primarily a GSM phone things worked out nicely. I have unlimited talk and text with 3 gigs of high speed data to play with every month.

With that in mind things have been great so far. I have access to an LTE network and I have followed the directions on Crackberry forums to load up Google Playstore with no issues. I was so confident in my new purchase I ported my main VZW phone number over to Straight Talk so now the Passport is officially my daily driver.

Right now my biggest issues are learning to type faster on the physical keyboard and making sure I can send & receive multimedia sms messages. Otherwise the phone has been solid and I can't put it down CHEERS!
    Were they able to get your data working? I hope things are working as well as they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-03-15 07:58 PM
    so a year ago to the date i was happily using my iPhone 5 and faced no problems. BBM was also downloaded on the iPhone so i felt connected to the crackberry world, that i once loved and sweared by.

By May 2014 i was bored of my iPhone having had it for over a year , decided to switch to the BB Q10 and make the iPad my apple device. i ended up using the Q10 for about a month and missed my apps, even though i was totally loving the new BB10 platform. Swipe, peek and the Hub were just amazing. Not having to double tap a physical home button or Back button just felt so seamless and gave an uninterrupted experience around the OS.

2 weeks later i made the mistake of seeing this bright Neon Red Nexus 5 (special edition). Quite literally i got distracted by the shiny object and went in and bought it. Dont get me wrong the Stock Android Experience was quite kick *** but the hardware lacks that premium feeling. The integration for my emails, calendar, contacts to the Google eco-system was flawless.

The Q10 went back into the box. The nexus was moving along ok expect i ended up not enjoying the stark Red colour so much after a few months. Cut to 8 months later when i finally gave into the Apple lure and got the iphone 6.

Again a beautiful piece of machinery but had three flaws - battery life wouldnt see me through the day, it was very slippery and the apple email client sucked. By now i had started using two handsets as i had a second number. and realized that emails came to apple devices a good 60-120 seconds later compared to android or BB

2 months in with the iphone i was feeling like something was missing, this is when i came across the rather odd shaped Passport. and i started researching all the reviews, videos, customer feedback. i should add during this period i was also using my Q10 as a 2nd phone purely for email. When one day i received a massive Software upgrade the 10.3.1.1565, this was a game changer; because suddenly the OS looked much better and had Blend !!
    at the same time whatsapp introduced its Web Chat Client.

as someone who spends 8-10 hours infront of my laptop this was the perfect solution. With a blackberry device i could use Blend for email, BBM , Text, Calendar and Whatsapp ALL on my laptop. Meanwhile whatsapp didnt allow iphones to use their web client.

Hence decision was made, iPhone sold, Passport bought. Nexus presented to my mum and Q10 as my backup phone ( i like to call it the Batphone)

i've had the passport for a week now and am loving it. its a two handed device and what a beautiful two handed device it is. Its a workhorse like VW Golf it gets the job done while maintaining a no-nonsense premium feel to it.
    The BB10 UI & OS experience is the best in the mobile space today i feel.

the only thing i miss is my camera from the iPhone. With Snap and BB world im quite covered with all my apps. quite happy not to have the very good but very intrusive Google Now on my phone.

Looking forward to the Passport experience. Life has indeed come a full circle with the blinking LED
    mbamd and vptsff like this.
    03-04-15 11:29 AM
    I got mine on Monday. It is quite the change from the iphone. I was worried when I opened the shipping box from Digital River as it looked like it went through a bit of a battle. The blackberry box was wet also, but since the phone sits on the top not moisture got to it.

I didn't have any issues with it except the space bar seemed tight. Then last night I noticed I could see some light bleed from the top of the "I" key and upon further inspection the coating that was on the key is peeling away. I called Digital River and explained to them that it did have this issue, and that the space bar was very stiff, they approved a replacement as they said it would probably have an issue later on with it coming off completely. Small issue but they wanted to replace it. I was really impressed since I have heard horror stories about dealing with DR.

Will be glad when the new device comes in I love typing on that keyboard and it definitely feels more solid than my 6 Plus.
    03-05-15 08:54 AM
    Ordered mine from Vodacom online and received it a week ago. Still love my Z10 which is usually close by. Battery life and screen size are fantastic- BIG love for my Passport.
    03-05-15 10:20 AM
    They came in on Tuesday..Very happy.
    thedose, Cross, moody and 3 others like this.
    03-05-15 11:35 AM
    I joined the Passport Club on Monday after getting my used one (bought off eBay and the seller was generous to allow me local pickup in Jersey).

I had been debating about the Passport due to the size and keyboard (previous phone was a Q10). When AT&T finally launched their version on February 20th, I jumped at the opportunity to finally see one in person and went to the AT&T store in Harlem. I stood there quietly checking it out and after 30-45 minutes, I felt I could truly use it as my daily driver (I also have a Z10 that I use mainly for music and games).

After only 3 days with it can honestly say this is one beast of a device. I've never seen BB10 run so fast. The size and resolution of the screen along with 10.3.1 makes me feel like I'm using BB10 for the first time again (my Q was still on 10.2.1 - stupid T-Mobile). The speakers are insane. The battery life is surprisingly good. I did get the flicker when I did the update to 10.3.1 and then soon after did the 2480 update and now I'm doing good.

I'll admit I'm still getting used to the keyboard (I still would have preferred this with the standard 4 row), but knowing there's a ALT key alternative (the swipe down) helps.

I can see this being my device for a good while.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:14 PM
    Bought mine a week ago and figured I'd give BlackBerry a shot after using Android and iOS and I like it. Recently moved from iOS and felt like I was handcuffed on the iPhone. I'm already loving the BlackBerry OS and I'm a huge fan of the physical keyboard.
    cbosdell and moody like this.
    03-05-15 07:43 PM
    Just picked up mine yesterday from AT&T. I had my reservations when they first came out because they felt unbalanced. That is a product of the tether they put on at the stores. I handled one that was free and clear and was instantly smitten. I didn't think I'd like the keyboard but now I can't see how any other layout could have been used before. One area that really impressed me was the photo quality, and I'm a Lumia 1520 user. That being said, it is slower than molasses in Alaska. The only nits I can pick are the aforementioned camera speed and the dreaded screen flicker. If Microsoft was able to speed up my 1520's camera through the Denim update, I'm sure BB can do the same on a future update. I'm not worried about the flicker because I know that will be fixed soon enough. Ciao!
    christausky likes this.
    03-08-15 09:50 PM
    I've had my passport for just over a week now, and I love it, the Only thing getting to me is the fact my Z10 took clearer pictures than my Passport anyone else having this issue??
    03-08-15 11:35 PM
    I never owned a Z10, but I did notice my passport keeps attempting to refocus every couple seconds (even after tapping the screen to indicate what I want the focus to be). I have to time taking a picture between those refocus moments: maybe you took a photo when it was refocusing?

It is peculiar that it usually does not autofocus THEN take the photo when you tap the button (although it does do this when flash is involved).

I did leave the original "screen protector" on the camera lens, so I guess that could be the root issue. However I won't take it off until I notice my images consistently being affected. In the meantime I've quickly learned to time it right and take crisp images.
    03-09-15 03:55 AM
    Got mine a week ago. Alas, I struggled with the problematic space bar that some other people had mentioned. It was hard work typing with a space bar that was so spongy and unresponsive. Other than that I really liked the phone.

So, this morning I got a replacement. The first thing I checked was the space bar. A smile spread across my face when I discovered it clicked just the same way as the rest of the keys.

That was my one and only niggle. Now that it has been solved I have to say this is an AMAZINGLY good phone. It makes browsing and ebook reading a pleasure - way better than on an iPhone 6. Love it!!!!!!!
    03-09-15 08:46 AM
    bought one for the GF as a replacement for her Z10.. she (and I) is loving it .. super fast, OS works great, pictures look good ( downloaded Camera++).. haven't seen any issues yet-been 3 days! Also got a Classic for her daughter - she upgraded from a 9900 and loves it!
    03-09-15 03:23 PM
    I picked mine up three days ago. It's the AT&T version. I love it!

I've seen the screen flickering issue twice, but it doesn't persist. I'm going to try to wait until BlackBerry releases an official fix.

I'm looking forward to doing a WebEx meeting on this huge screen!
    03-09-15 06:05 PM
    It arrived via UPS today. As our front desk lady was bringing me the box, I enthusiastically reached for it, clapping my hands a little, saying "That's my new BlackBerry!" With the rep from our new owner standing right behind me. Later I noticed him struggling with his iPhone and mutter - "I miss my BlackBerry". LOL

Happily playing with it - only real hitch is getting connected to my work email/contacts - they aren't syncing... but I'm the first Passport in the company, we'll figure it out.
    03-10-15 06:20 PM
    I picked mine up three days ago. It's the AT&T version. I love it!

I've seen the screen flickering issue twice, but it doesn't persist. I'm going to try to wait until BlackBerry releases an official fix.

I'm looking forward to doing a WebEx meeting on this huge screen!
    How's the quality of webex?

CB10 - Q10
    03-10-15 06:35 PM
    Just picked up my new Passport today. Been on Android for a long time but after seeing the passport, I decided the time was right to come back to the Berry. So far I really like what I'm seeing. There's a lot to learn so I'm plowing thru it all right now. Not regretting my decision at all so far. I'll update this after I've been using it a while longer. Wow, you should have seen the reps face when I said I wanted the Passport. They looked at me like I was from outer space. I have no problem with that. Told them all not to hate on the Berry and i'll be back to tell them how wrong they all are. Crazy reps. [BOX][/BOX]
    03-11-15 01:47 PM
    How's the quality of webex?

CB10 - Q10
    Quite good. You can resize, as you'd expect. In a meeting today the presenter had a moderately complex network diagram up and I was able to zoom and pan smoothly. I had no trouble following the discussion.
    moegh likes this.
    03-11-15 04:14 PM
    Just got mine delivered. I haven't had a BlackBerry since the Torch 9800, and I'm super excited to return to BlackBerry after 4 years.
    clitrenta likes this.
    03-12-15 10:15 AM
    03-12-15 04:36 PM
    I've had the Blackberry Storm, Curve, Tour, Bold, and now I have the AT&T Passport. I can say I'm very happy to be back with Blackberry Passport after several Iphones. I can't wait to keep showing it off, even if people keep calling me crazy....

Posted via CB10
    clitrenta likes this.
    03-12-15 09:36 PM
    I've had the Blackberry Storm, Curve, Tour, Bold, and now I have the AT&T Passport. I can say I'm very happy to be back with Blackberry Passport after several Iphones. I can't wait to keep showing it off, even if people keep calling me crazy....

Posted via CB10
    It's ok. Really. I actually had the AT&T store reps thinking I was crazy (seriously). This clearly is done thru nothing more than ignorance and what people hear about BlackBerrys. I prefer to draw my own conclusions and in this case, I obviously drew the right one.
    lpthomasson likes this.
    03-13-15 07:34 AM
    It's ok. Really. I actually had the AT&T store reps thinking I was crazy (seriously). This clearly is done thru nothing more than ignorance and what people hear about BlackBerrys. I prefer to draw my own conclusions and in this case, I obviously drew the right one.
    Yeah the AT&T Reps are so obsessed with the iPhone that they can't even understand why I would trade mine in. It's going to be impossible to sell these to the average consumer when they only make fun of the device and Blackberry for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:32 AM
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-inst10_passport.jpg

Got my Passport after using a Z10 for a couple of years! I'm very very happy with it. To tell the truth I'm still getting used to the keyboard - seems I haven't quite mastered the swipe, as sometimes it doesn't register and sometimes when I swipe up I touch one of the 4th row buttons!!

I can imagine the speed though once I've gotten used to the positioning of special characters when I swipe down - I'm already used to "I" being a "-" and now obviously "L" being the quotes!!

Posted via CB10
    mbamd likes this.
    03-14-15 04:37 AM
    Ill jump in this thread as well now.
    Just got my AT&T passport yesterday.
    03-14-15 07:59 PM
1,265 ... 2425262728 ...